Just a little thought on Augury of Death

Rexts.8037

> @"Nimon.7840" said:

> Btw. Why are we arguing about augury of death.

> The trait isn't bad. And also not overpowered.

> So why change it? In some builds the trait is extremely useful.

>

> Before we talk about this trait, can we talk about deathmagic?

> Focus 4?

> Designflaws of scourge?

>

> The designflaws of deathshroud and reapers shroud, that both encourage you to play alone in an mmorpg, rather than together with other people?

>

>

>

> Even if this is all written in spaghetti code. And even if it's a transformation, there should be time to rework those things.

>

> Other things got reworked as well. (Deadeye mechanic)

>

> Rev got a rework, deadeye got a rework, mesmer got a rework.

>

> But the class most people are asking for a rework doesn't get one?

> Why?

>

Death magic, great sword, focus and Death Shroud have some or serious issues which are being discussed thousands time when spectral, minion, scepter (through trait) and corruption got some unexpected changes or rework. I already gave up talking them, though I have an idea for whole death magic trait rework.

So, I think that changing utility skills and related traits are more favourable for Anet, though talking technical problem on this forum will produce zero outcome, but obviously, Anet tend to change utility skill and related traits when a rework idea is accepted.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

>

> Examples for balance issues:

> Wurm port in shroud might be too strong in some scenarios (stability access, damage immunity).

> Double cast BiP + Blighter's Boon synergy can heal you for 6k HP in shroud.

> Spectral Grasp in shroud can refill your LF by 75% and increase your survivability to ridiculous extents.

> Spectral Armor and Walk castings during shroud are a huge sustain boost as they can be timed a lot better.

> ...

That is why I want to exclude other utility skills except shout skills, the fact of shout skills are quite isolated from traits (except its own enchantment trait) and even the Reaper's mechanic, you either use shout or Reaper's shroud. I don't know that isn't it work as they intend, but the burst of Reaper's Shroud is really not what it should do as they portrayed.

As someone mentioned in this thread, the sustainability of Reaper's Shroud is questionable, you either out of option when in shroud or it just melts in seconds. Simply give it more skills would help, but it would also produce more problem, so, to rehabilitate the existing ones may be the simplest way to improve it, I think.

> @"KrHome.1920" said:

> Core/RS Shroud is not a transformation. It's a mechanic of its own kind.

>

Its a transformation with the only real difference being LF. Everything else is consistent with all other transformations in the game.

> It applies a certain weapon: Core: staff, RS: hammer

Core uses whatever weapon you have at the time of transformation. You will do 10% more damage with the first 3 skills and ~20% more with the last 2 if you enter shroud with a staff instead of anything else.

Reapers is a hammer because they decided to circumvent the issue due to complaints. Core shroud couldn't be changed due to all the noodles that it it's code.

> It redueces damage by 50%.

I can only assume this is due to then not wanting to show twice it's amount on the bar when the added the visible value. People speculated before hand though.

> It prevents healing application (with certain exceptions).

Only real difference but makes sense when you think about it.

> It disables the utility bar.

So does every other transformation in the game.

> Entering / leaving activates weapon swap sigils.

This was only the case for reaper because it equipped a hammer when you entered. People asked for it, with some kickback, and it got added as an effect to core shroud.

Pretty sure all other transformations do this. I also believe getting off your mount in combat does the same thing.

> It has no health pool like a transformation, but a life force pool which has a unique healing/degeneration mechanic.

>

Again the only real difference.

As for the OP I still do not see the value in making this change. Not only would it require a tech change but what actual value does it add.

Is the trait bad because the trait is bad or is it bad because shouts are bad?

If it's shouts change those. So many things to improve. cool-down,cast times, damage, durations, effects, charges etc.

If it's the trait then change the trait with something that doesn't need tech changes. E.g. remove the life siphon and gain a buff that caused you to siphon health from goes for X+Y for each enemy hit.