Unidentified Gear: Data on Salvaging GREEN versus Identifying in the Post Magic Find World

> @"phs.6089" said:

> They should have changed all those UnIDs to 'Salvageable Item' blue, green and gold quality. This would save us from clicking our fingers red.

> And justify new 'salvage stack' line.

That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

> @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > They should have changed all those UnIDs to 'Salvageable Item' blue, green and gold quality. This would save us from clicking our fingers red.

> > And justify new 'salvage stack' line.

>

> That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

>

> Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

That assumes I have 250 empty slots in bag to click 'open all'

> @"phs.6089" said:

> > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > They should have changed all those UnIDs to 'Salvageable Item' blue, green and gold quality. This would save us from clicking our fingers red.

> > > And justify new 'salvage stack' line.

> >

> > That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

> >

> > Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

>

> That assumes I have 250 empty slots in bag to click 'open all'

You missed this part of the reply:

> ... hold alt and drag stack to split ...

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > They should have changed all those UnIDs to 'Salvageable Item' blue, green and gold quality. This would save us from clicking our fingers red.

> > > > And justify new 'salvage stack' line.

> > >

> > > That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

> > >

> > > Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

> >

> > That assumes I have 250 empty slots in bag to click 'open all'

> You missed this part of the reply:

>

> > ... hold alt and drag stack to split ...

>

>

Yeah that's how I do most of my bulk salvaging. What a life saver :) Just need one invisible bag, affordable and easy on the fingers

> @"Genuinetheo.6591" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > They should have changed all those UnIDs to 'Salvageable Item' blue, green and gold quality. This would save us from clicking our fingers red.

> > > > > And justify new 'salvage stack' line.

> > > >

> > > > That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

> > > >

> > > > Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

> > >

> > > That assumes I have 250 empty slots in bag to click 'open all'

> > You missed this part of the reply:

> >

> > > @"DaFishBob.6518" said:

> > > ... hold alt and drag stack to split ...

> >

> >

>

> Yeah that's how I do most of my bulk salvaging. What a life saver :) Just need one invisible bag, affordable and easy on the fingers

Me too, and since the inventory interface even shows you exactly how many bag slots you have and how many are filled, it's easy to approximate the part of the stack you want to split off even if doing the exact math (subtraction on 2nd grade level) isn't your thing.

> That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

>

> Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

It went from

1. right-click on your preferred salvage tool and select "Salvage all".

to

1. Craft or buy invisible bags for each of your characters. (So, 20 bags to craft for me.)

2. Replace existing bags with invisible bags.

3. Sell off your old bags on the TP.

4. When you get a blue UNID bag, manually move it to the invisible bag.

5. When you get a green UNID bag, manually move it to the invisible bag.

6. When you get a yellow UNID bag, manually move it to the invisible bag.

7. Play like you did before patch.

8. Keep an eye on the invisible bag, because once a stack is 250, you'll have UNID bags in your regular ones again.

9. When you feel you have time, make sure you have empty slots in your inventory to open UNID bags.

10. Split stack of blue UNID bags into as many as you have empty slots.

11. Right-click on amount of empty slots stack of blue UNID bags, and select to open all.

12. Right-click on your preferred salvage tool, and select "Salvage all".

13. Split stack of green UNID bags into as many as you have empty slots.

14. Right-click on amount of empty slots stack of green UNID bags, and select to open all.

15. Right-click on your preferred salvage tool, and select "Salvage all".

16. Split stack of yellow UNID bags into as many as you have empty slots.

17. Right-click on amount of empty slots stack of yellow UNID bags, and select to open all.

18. Do what you want with your yellows.

19. Make sure you keep at least 1 of each blue, green and yellow UNID bag in your invisible bag.

20. GOTO 7.

Yeah, that's simpler.

> @"darksome.1697" said:

> > That's the second time I've seen someone claim they'll be clicking until their fingers change colors because of this. I don't understand this. Leave unid stacks in invisible bags, hold alt and drag stack to split, right click and use all on new stack, right click and salvage green and blue on salvage kit. That's not enough clicks to turn fingers into a different color.

> >

> > Could it be simpler? Sure could but for now there's no reason anyone should be developing health issues in their appendages over this.

>

> It went from

> 1. right-click on your preferred salvage tool and select "Salvage all".

>

> to

> 1. Craft or buy invisible bags for each of your characters. (So, 20 bags to craft for me.)

> 2. Replace existing bags with invisible bags.

> 3. Sell off your old bags on the TP.

> 4. When you get a blue UNID bag, manually move it to the invisible bag.

> 5. When you get a green UNID bag, manually move it to the invisible bag.

> 6. When you get a yellow UNID bag, manually move it to the invisible bag.

> 7. Play like you did before patch.

> 8. Keep an eye on the invisible bag, because once a stack is 250, you'll have UNID bags in your regular ones again.

> 9. When you feel you have time, make sure you have empty slots in your inventory to open UNID bags.

> 10. Split stack of blue UNID bags into as many as you have empty slots.

> 11. Right-click on amount of empty slots stack of blue UNID bags, and select to open all.

> 12. Right-click on your preferred salvage tool, and select "Salvage all".

> 13. Split stack of green UNID bags into as many as you have empty slots.

> 14. Right-click on amount of empty slots stack of green UNID bags, and select to open all.

> 15. Right-click on your preferred salvage tool, and select "Salvage all".

> 16. Split stack of yellow UNID bags into as many as you have empty slots.

> 17. Right-click on amount of empty slots stack of yellow UNID bags, and select to open all.

> 18. Do what you want with your yellows.

> 19. Make sure you keep at least 1 of each blue, green and yellow UNID bag in your invisible bag.

> 20. GOTO 7.

>

> Yeah, that's simpler.

>

Hey my point is that no needs to break their fingers because of this change. Of course this change did not make it a simpler process so you're complaining to the wrong post.