Should back items take visual priority over shields when not hidden?

I was going to say there should be a way to choose which one is displayed, but then I realise that's basically what the current checkbox could do - with your back item visible it should take priority over the shield, so the shield is only visible when drawn. With the back item hidden the shield should be visible. That way everyone has a simple way to choose which they want to see.

> @"Nightcore.5621" said:

> If you can hide shield i see problems in pvp but to hide back piece i see No problems

Is it any different to weapons which are almost invisible when stowed? Some daggers and foci are tiny when stowed and depending on what the character's wearing may not be visible at all.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I was going to say there should be a way to choose which one is displayed, but then I realise that's basically what the current checkbox could do - with your back item visible it should take priority over the shield, so the shield is only visible when drawn. With the back item hidden the shield should be visible. That way everyone has a simple way to choose which they want to see.

>

> > @"Nightcore.5621" said:

> > If you can hide shield i see problems in pvp but to hide back piece i see No problems

>

> Is it any different to weapons which are almost invisible when stowed? Some daggers and foci are tiny when stowed and depending on what the character's wearing may not be visible at all.

It wouldn't matter anyway. Are you going to avoid a person with a shield? Attack mercilessly? As soon as combat begins, you know what they're carrying.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> I was going to say there should be a way to choose which one is displayed, but then I realise that's basically what the current checkbox could do - with your back item visible it should take priority over the shield, so the shield is only visible when drawn. With the back item hidden the shield should be visible. That way everyone has a simple way to choose which they want to see.

>

> > @"Nightcore.5621" said:

> > If you can hide shield i see problems in pvp but to hide back piece i see No problems

>

> Is it any different to weapons which are almost invisible when stowed? Some daggers and foci are tiny when stowed and depending on what the character's wearing may not be visible at all.

You right :)

> @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> Your poll missed an option, that being the shield is seen underneath the backpack, just like 2H weapons.

>

That would be awesome, but would probably open up a whole new discussion, like displaying both sets of weapons etc. Which I am definitely for.

> @"Tathorpe.8572" said:

> > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > Your poll missed an option, that being the shield is seen underneath the backpack, just like 2H weapons.

> >

>

> That would be awesome, but would probably open up a whole new discussion, like displaying both sets of weapons etc. Which I am definitely for.

Well I guess it wouldn't be too much different, just have a checkbox for each and be able to have both.