Overtuned Ranger PoF pet (Gazelle)

Kitten.4162

> @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

> > > > >

> > > > > Please explain, I was not downed https://imgur.com/a/ijHHW

> > > > >

> > > > > So the set up for this 28K is just root?

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > If the initial hit downed you, you'd take 28k total. It does NOT do 28k damage upfront. It's not possible. The multiple hits only occur when it charges against someone in the down state.

> > >

> > > False...if you read my posts I was full health ~20K then root and charge...down. You can see the log. Obviously, it doesn't work how you think it does...saw in another thread a guy said if you spam the charge button it will do this, so who knows. You also said 28K not possible I showed you a log that it was, and had he crit the 4th hit, it would have been +31K...not upfront lol only within 1 second.

> > >

> > > I repeat I was not down nor was the first hit that downed me...

> > >

> > > This is like the deadeye bug comments all over...

> > >

> > > Poster 1 Deadeye 1 shotting people out of the blue no mark

> > > Poster 2 NUH UHH impossible you have to mark then build up stacks learn to dodge

> > > Poster 3 You just mark an ambient creature and never switch mark, bam full malice

> > > Poster 2.....silence

> >

> > Okay, a few things here...

> >

> > First off, that combat log shows nothing except for the damage you received.

> >

> > Second, I _can_ see the log and it does NOT tell me anything about whether you were already in the downstate or not.

> >

> > Obviously, it doesn't work how YOU think it does. Have you ever actually played ranger before? If you can show me how to "spam the charge button" I'm all ears. Modesty aside, I'm probably one of the best, if not _the_ best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge... so its not "who knows?..." because _I know._ The only buttons we have available in terms of controlling our pets attacks are f1 and f2. There's no "spamming" the charge button, because the charge is bound to neither one of the two.

> >

> > Maybe you should read a little more carefully. I never said the damage wasn't possible. I said it was impossible for a single hit to do 28k. Your screenshot literally proves this as you had taken **seven hits**. Three which did 7.8k damage, 1 that did 4.6k, and 3 that did 700.

> >

> > For the record, I know this damage is possible. I bet you don't even know the extent as to how high this damage can go. I can hit 64k given the right scenarios and enough buffs. Yet the fact remains, it WILL NOT hit this damage in a single hit on someone who is NOT already in the downstate.

> >

> > There are very few people in the game with as much experience and knowledge I have on ranger. kitten, I was one of the guild leaders for the largest ALL RANGER GUILD in the game. So, with that said, don't lecture me and take that tone if you don't know what you're talking about.

>

> I agreed not in 1 hit, as I stated but it was within 1 second. You can see the entanglement tick then the 4 charge hits and another tick...it ticks roughly once per second, is that correct "best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge"?

>

> I was in the fight and as I said I was full health then deleted, didn't even know about the damage potential but checked log because I was like kitten hit me...then he stomped. I get you weren't there, so lets use some logic on health bars.

>

> Let's say I imagined it all and I was close to death and he hit my with the first charge that downed me. So the first 7.9k was to down then he hit me for almost 25K(since I had to be downed by your rule of only multiple hits if downed) more health than I have standing?

>

> Isn't downed health bar initially 75% of health.

>

> Keep defending your broken pet damage, it will be fixed. I am done with this, life is complete the **best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge** replied to me.

Your screenshot shows nothing. You could have already been in the downstate. It only shows the damage dealt, nothing else.

You realize that I led and taught 250+ rangers in that guild right? We had the best rangers on NA in there, Eurantien, Genyen, Saethe, Talgo, Kraalle etc. etc. You can laugh all you want, I said "modesty aside." I know what I'm talking about. If you're so doubtful, then duel me in game.

I have actively sought out the best rangers in game (both NA and EU) in order to talk and duel them throughout the years. I have either bested them or been on equal footing with them in duels. I have been plat 3/legend in every single season I've played in so far, top of the leaderboards, etc. etc. etc. I have enough reason to believe I am one of the best rangers in game. Not to mention I've been playing this class almost exclusively at a high level since the game came out. You don't even know that its impossible to "spam the charge button," yet you continue to try to prove to me that you are in the right.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> @Felipe.1807 said:

> I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

The old pets are completely trash.

So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

> @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > @ZhouX.8742 said:

> > > @Elxdark.9702 said:

> > > Incredible to see the day where rangers were so used to their pets to do their main damage and crying over a clearly bugged pet that does more than a backstab steal combo.

> > > Same happened with Bristleback and they nerfed it because it was doing crazy damage, smokescale does about 50% damage alone just from AA while the ranger just spam ccs on you.

> > >

> > > I miss the pre hot times where you actually had to use your pet to timing your f2 with your dps rotation, fear, immobilize, stun etc.

> > > Now it's spam ccs and let your pet do the damage for you.

> > >

> > > Pets are supposed to help the rangers, not to do their job but Anet failed to realize this and look now, players crying over because they will nerf their main damage which comes from a freaking pet.

> >

> > You want to go back to condi spirit builds that bad? Or passive BM builds that bad? Sorry , the skill ceiling on ranger is much much higher than it ever was with those 2 disgusting metas for ranger. Sorry.

> >

> > Around this time too s/d thief was absolutely and utterly broken, you don't remember that though do you ;)

>

> Passive BM builds were stupid I agree, spirits don't have anything to do with pets tho.

> What I meant was for power ranger which I played a lot before hot where your main damage was your dps and the pet was there just to help you to land that damage.

> Druid is totally the opposite, **you** help the pet to land the damage.

>

> And now Soulbeast is a kind of hybrid where you and your pet do the damage but there's no way gazelle hitting for 5k-8k is fine, I'll start to taking screenshots because I know people like to see evidence.

Fair enough, I can understand that. I remember you playing power ranger in this time and I can agree with that. The problem with the utility is now you have much more defensives than pre-HoT/PoF across almost all classes esp meta classes. HoT basically gave a massive amount of defensives and made dmg higher so in this regard I just feel like a random knockdown from a pet (which you couldn't control) is rather irrelevant in the grand scheme of things mainly because of it's randomness ... One of the things I've always hated about the pets is the reliance of random utility.

I think the amount of utility a pet would need to provide now vs then would mean you would need to increase the amount of utility from pets by a lot if you were to nerf their damage and make them less dmg-based but rather utility based.

I think Soulbeast helps to remedy that problem **in a way** by being able to meld with your pet and control some of those skills (smokescale's smokeassault and knockdown for example). I think this provides nicer utility and raises the skill ceiling to the ranger a bit since you have CC / dmg in your control allowing you to pre-plan strategy.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

>

> The old pets are completely trash.

>

> So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

> @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> >

> > The old pets are completely trash.

> >

> > So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

>

> Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

No, rangers were not doing _extremely well_ back in the day... As a class, we were so terrible it wasn't even funny. Our rapid fire could be completely avoided just by moving left and right, our pet AI was (and is still) terrible and they couldn't hit moving targets (lol they still can't). Our pets actually became usable once HoT came around and introduced Smokescale and Bristleback. Why were they good? Oh, because Smokescale had a tracking ability through Smoke Assault that actually allowed it to hit a moving target, and Bristleback had its f2, which also was able to hit a moving target. But nooooo, people had to go and cry over everything rangers get so we get nerfed in every patch and it pisses me the fuck off. Bristleback is borderline unusable now as a result.

Okay, well I'm fine with balancing everything overall, but why start with Gazelle when there are much more pressing matters to tend to such as SCOURGE AND SPELLBREAKER?!! Why start nerfing things on ranger when there are other things that are more concerning to the balance and overall meta of the game? -.-

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > > > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> > >

> > > The old pets are completely trash.

> > >

> > > So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

> >

> > Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> > No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

>

> No, rangers were not doing _extremely well_ back in the day... As a class, we were so terrible it wasn't even funny. Our rapid fire could be completely avoided just by moving left and right, our pet AI was (and is still) terrible and they couldn't hit moving targets (lol they still can't). Our pets actually became usable once HoT came around and introduced Smokescale and Bristleback. Why were they good? Oh, because Smokescale had a tracking ability through Smoke Assault that actually allowed it to hit a moving target, and Bristleback had its f2, which also was able to hit a moving target. But nooooo, people had to go and cry over everything rangers get so we get nerfed in every patch and it pisses me the kitten off. Bristleback is borderline unusable now as a result.

>

> Okay, well I'm fine with balancing everything overall, but why start with Gazelle when there are much more pressing matters to tend to such as SCOURGE AND SPELLBREAKER?!! Why start nerfing things on ranger when there are other things that are more concerning to the balance and overall meta of the game? -.-

Will you calm down now my friend?

They will simply fix the charge issue, the utility of the rock gazelle will be left untouched , furthermore with the applied fix, it will be possible to request the addition of standard leap to some of the gazelle attacks

> @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > > > > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> > > >

> > > > The old pets are completely trash.

> > > >

> > > > So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

> > >

> > > Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> > > No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

> >

> > No, rangers were not doing _extremely well_ back in the day... As a class, we were so terrible it wasn't even funny. Our rapid fire could be completely avoided just by moving left and right, our pet AI was (and is still) terrible and they couldn't hit moving targets (lol they still can't). Our pets actually became usable once HoT came around and introduced Smokescale and Bristleback. Why were they good? Oh, because Smokescale had a tracking ability through Smoke Assault that actually allowed it to hit a moving target, and Bristleback had its f2, which also was able to hit a moving target. But nooooo, people had to go and cry over everything rangers get so we get nerfed in every patch and it pisses me the kitten off. Bristleback is borderline unusable now as a result.

> >

> > Okay, well I'm fine with balancing everything overall, but why start with Gazelle when there are much more pressing matters to tend to such as SCOURGE AND SPELLBREAKER?!! Why start nerfing things on ranger when there are other things that are more concerning to the balance and overall meta of the game? -.-

>

> Will you calm down now my friend?

> They will simply fix the charge issue, the utility of the rock gazelle will be left untouched , furthermore with the applied fix, it will be possible to request the addition of standard leap to some of the gazelle attacks

No one gives a damn about the utility. We need the damage from our pets! Stop nerfing the shit out of them and then I'll calm down. They made Bristleback _useless_ because people were crying so much. Do you not realize that? Its always nerf ranger while actual unbalanced stuff goes untouched.

We had many, many threads created in the ranger subforum over all of the bugs we had on Soulbeast and no answer on ANY of them! But the moment someone complains that our pet is bugged because it does a lot of damage, Anet responds immediately. This shit ticks me off.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > > > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> > >

> > > The old pets are completely trash.

> > >

> > > So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

> >

> > Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> > No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

>

> No, rangers were not doing _extremely well_ back in the day... As a class, we were so terrible it wasn't even funny. Our rapid fire could be completely avoided just by moving left and right, our pet AI was (and is still) terrible and they couldn't hit moving targets (lol they still can't). Our pets actually became usable once HoT came around and introduced Smokescale and Bristleback. Why were they good? Oh, because Smokescale had a tracking ability through Smoke Assault that actually allowed it to hit a moving target, and Bristleback had its f2, which also was able to hit a moving target. But nooooo, people had to go and cry over everything rangers get so we get nerfed in every patch and it pisses me the kitten off. Bristleback is borderline unusable now as a result.

>

> Okay, well I'm fine with balancing everything overall, but why start with Gazelle when there are much more pressing matters to tend to such as SCOURGE AND SPELLBREAKER?!! Why start nerfing things on ranger when there are other things that are more concerning to the balance and overall meta of the game? -.-

I dont know man, but back in the cele meta, with my condi ranger build I was able to win fights against shout wars...was all about timing your burst and the cc from the pets...you know, learn how to actually play and not just let your pet do all the work for you...you cant deny that going from pets like wolf and ending up with a freaking smokescale isnt a major powercreep, and now here we are again talking about a pet doing between 7k to a full health bar...come on, that is just ridiculous(havent see this in action yet, but still, sound really retarded to me, no matter what you have to do to actually pull those numbers off).

I dont actually care what they nerf, aslong as they start doing something and show that this game still have a balance team...I main war, and I would be more then happy if they nerfed the hell out of spellbreaker...if in order to end this braindead spec the devs would end up killing war again, i dont really care, for the health of the game mode just do it...we need actual risk/reward to be back...spaming huge low cooldown aoes on a point shouldnt be rewarding, using active defences on the wrong time should be impactfull, but hey, you have a bunch of passive defences anyway, who cares, just spam shit and hope you kill people.

I am pretty sure lots of folks here agree with me on this point, you included I believe, but we gotta stop with this "oh dont nerf my profession! Profession "A" and "B" are just as broken, nerf then first".

> @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > > > > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> > > >

> > > > The old pets are completely trash.

> > > >

> > > > So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

> > >

> > > Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> > > No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

> >

> > No, rangers were not doing _extremely well_ back in the day... As a class, we were so terrible it wasn't even funny. Our rapid fire could be completely avoided just by moving left and right, our pet AI was (and is still) terrible and they couldn't hit moving targets (lol they still can't). Our pets actually became usable once HoT came around and introduced Smokescale and Bristleback. Why were they good? Oh, because Smokescale had a tracking ability through Smoke Assault that actually allowed it to hit a moving target, and Bristleback had its f2, which also was able to hit a moving target. But nooooo, people had to go and cry over everything rangers get so we get nerfed in every patch and it pisses me the kitten off. Bristleback is borderline unusable now as a result.

> >

> > Okay, well I'm fine with balancing everything overall, but why start with Gazelle when there are much more pressing matters to tend to such as SCOURGE AND SPELLBREAKER?!! Why start nerfing things on ranger when there are other things that are more concerning to the balance and overall meta of the game? -.-

>

> I dont know man, but back in the cele meta, with my condi ranger build I was able to win fights against shout wars...was all about timing your burst and the cc from the pets...**you know, learn how to actually play and not just let your pet do all the work for you**...you cant deny that going from pets like wolf and ending up with a freaking smokescale isnt a major powercreep, and now here we are again talking about a pet doing between 7k to a full health bar...come on, that is just ridiculous(havent see this in action yet, but still, sound really kitten to me, no matter what you have to do to actually pull those numbers off).

> I dont actually care what they nerf, aslong as they start doing something and show that this game still have a balance team...I main war, and I would be more then happy if they nerfed the hell out of spellbreaker...if in order to end this braindead spec the devs would end up killing war again, i dont really care, for the health of the game mode just do it...we need actual risk/reward to be back...spaming huge low cooldown aoes on a point shouldnt be rewarding, using active defences on the wrong time should be impactfull, but hey, you have a bunch of passive defences anyway, who cares, just spam kitten and hope you kill people.

> I am pretty sure lots of folks here agree with me on this point, you included I believe, but we gotta stop with this "oh dont nerf my profession! Profession "A" and "B" are just as broken, nerf then first".

Lmfao. That's a good one. I've been playing at a high level in PvP since the scene first began. Don't tell me to learn how to play, I will trash you in a fight.

We had shit pets. Then we got good ones. People cried. The good ones got nerfed. Now they are utility and trash (smokescale and bristleback respectively).

Fix all of the bugs on Soulbeast first, then they can fix whatever the hell they want on our pets. If they nerf Gazelle but don't touch the rest of our broken shit I'm going to be really, really annoyed.

> @Felipe.1807 said:

> Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

What needs to be done is to make the old pets _better_ rather than the new ones _worse_.

(also one of the plants should really be changed to a ranged attacker, since PoF didn't give us any new ones)

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Arheundel.6451 said:

> > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > @Felipe.1807 said:

> > > > > > I honestly dont know how some people think these new ranger pets are okay...I remenber when I used to play ranger and most of the time you would choose your pet based on the utility that he would bring and how that would synergise with your build. These days you just pick whatever is the most OP pet that will be able to shred someone HP by using some easy to do combos.

> > > > > > Just because pvp is full of cancers like scourges and spellbreakers dosent mean that is okay to look to the other way when it comes to balance other professions...this kind of thinking "if everything is op then nothing is op, so is balanced" is what led this game to the mess that is now.

> > > > >

> > > > > The old pets are completely trash.

> > > > >

> > > > > So you're saying, just because scourge and spellbreakers are OP, we should just nerf ranger instead of looking at the stuff that is actually meta changing. Nice.

> > > >

> > > > Thats the thing, old pets you would choose to get a extra knockback, or maybe a fear, immobile, etc...rangers where doing extremely well back in the day, you just needed to use wisely your pet...post HoT ranger just got extremelly dumbed down, just like everything else, and that was not healthy to the game mode.

> > > > No, i am not saying we should nerf rangers because other professions are OP...i am saying the balance team should look at these pets damages, and nerf then, regardless of other professions...we must start somewhere and bring the numbers down.

> > >

> > > No, rangers were not doing _extremely well_ back in the day... As a class, we were so terrible it wasn't even funny. Our rapid fire could be completely avoided just by moving left and right, our pet AI was (and is still) terrible and they couldn't hit moving targets (lol they still can't). Our pets actually became usable once HoT came around and introduced Smokescale and Bristleback. Why were they good? Oh, because Smokescale had a tracking ability through Smoke Assault that actually allowed it to hit a moving target, and Bristleback had its f2, which also was able to hit a moving target. But nooooo, people had to go and cry over everything rangers get so we get nerfed in every patch and it pisses me the kitten off. Bristleback is borderline unusable now as a result.

> > >

> > > Okay, well I'm fine with balancing everything overall, but why start with Gazelle when there are much more pressing matters to tend to such as SCOURGE AND SPELLBREAKER?!! Why start nerfing things on ranger when there are other things that are more concerning to the balance and overall meta of the game? -.-

> >

> > Will you calm down now my friend?

> > They will simply fix the charge issue, the utility of the rock gazelle will be left untouched , furthermore with the applied fix, it will be possible to request the addition of standard leap to some of the gazelle attacks

>

> No one gives a kitten about the utility. We need the damage from our pets! Stop nerfing the kitten out of them and then I'll calm down. They made Bristleback _useless_ because people were crying so much. Do you not realize that? Its always nerf ranger while actual unbalanced stuff goes untouched.

>

> We had many, many threads created in the ranger subforum over all of the bugs we had on Soulbeast and no answer on ANY of them! But the moment someone complains that our pet is bugged because it does a lot of damage, Anet responds immediately. This kitten ticks me off.

Your Gazelle has a 3x higher base damage coefficient than Gravedigger.

Having pets capable of DPS is fine, having pets that singlehandedly do more burst damage than an entire profession is not.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Please explain, I was not downed https://imgur.com/a/ijHHW

> > > > > >

> > > > > > So the set up for this 28K is just root?

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > If the initial hit downed you, you'd take 28k total. It does NOT do 28k damage upfront. It's not possible. The multiple hits only occur when it charges against someone in the down state.

> > > >

> > > > False...if you read my posts I was full health ~20K then root and charge...down. You can see the log. Obviously, it doesn't work how you think it does...saw in another thread a guy said if you spam the charge button it will do this, so who knows. You also said 28K not possible I showed you a log that it was, and had he crit the 4th hit, it would have been +31K...not upfront lol only within 1 second.

> > > >

> > > > I repeat I was not down nor was the first hit that downed me...

> > > >

> > > > This is like the deadeye bug comments all over...

> > > >

> > > > Poster 1 Deadeye 1 shotting people out of the blue no mark

> > > > Poster 2 NUH UHH impossible you have to mark then build up stacks learn to dodge

> > > > Poster 3 You just mark an ambient creature and never switch mark, bam full malice

> > > > Poster 2.....silence

> > >

> > > Okay, a few things here...

> > >

> > > First off, that combat log shows nothing except for the damage you received.

> > >

> > > Second, I _can_ see the log and it does NOT tell me anything about whether you were already in the downstate or not.

> > >

> > > Obviously, it doesn't work how YOU think it does. Have you ever actually played ranger before? If you can show me how to "spam the charge button" I'm all ears. Modesty aside, I'm probably one of the best, if not _the_ best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge... so its not "who knows?..." because _I know._ The only buttons we have available in terms of controlling our pets attacks are f1 and f2. There's no "spamming" the charge button, because the charge is bound to neither one of the two.

> > >

> > > Maybe you should read a little more carefully. I never said the damage wasn't possible. I said it was impossible for a single hit to do 28k. Your screenshot literally proves this as you had taken **seven hits**. Three which did 7.8k damage, 1 that did 4.6k, and 3 that did 700.

> > >

> > > For the record, I know this damage is possible. I bet you don't even know the extent as to how high this damage can go. I can hit 64k given the right scenarios and enough buffs. Yet the fact remains, it WILL NOT hit this damage in a single hit on someone who is NOT already in the downstate.

> > >

> > > There are very few people in the game with as much experience and knowledge I have on ranger. kitten, I was one of the guild leaders for the largest ALL RANGER GUILD in the game. So, with that said, don't lecture me and take that tone if you don't know what you're talking about.

> >

> > I agreed not in 1 hit, as I stated but it was within 1 second. You can see the entanglement tick then the 4 charge hits and another tick...it ticks roughly once per second, is that correct "best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge"?

> >

> > I was in the fight and as I said I was full health then deleted, didn't even know about the damage potential but checked log because I was like kitten hit me...then he stomped. I get you weren't there, so lets use some logic on health bars.

> >

> > Let's say I imagined it all and I was close to death and he hit my with the first charge that downed me. So the first 7.9k was to down then he hit me for almost 25K(since I had to be downed by your rule of only multiple hits if downed) more health than I have standing?

> >

> > Isn't downed health bar initially 75% of health.

> >

> > Keep defending your broken pet damage, it will be fixed. I am done with this, life is complete the **best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge** replied to me.

>

> Your screenshot shows nothing. You could have already been in the downstate. It only shows the damage dealt, nothing else.

>

> You realize that I led and taught 250+ rangers in that guild right? We had the best rangers on NA in there, Eurantien, Genyen, Saethe, Talgo, Kraalle etc. etc. You can laugh all you want, I said "modesty aside." I know what I'm talking about. If you're so doubtful, then duel me in game.

>

> I have actively sought out the best rangers in game (both NA and EU) in order to talk and duel them throughout the years. I have either bested them or been on equal footing with them in duels. I have been plat 3/legend in every single season I've played in so far, top of the leaderboards, etc. etc. etc. I have enough reason to believe I am one of the best rangers in game. Not to mention I've been playing this class almost exclusively at a high level since the game came out. You don't even know that its impossible to "spam the charge button," yet you continue to try to prove to me that you are in the right.

Sorry mate, I'm back so that means I'm the best Ranger NA.

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> It’s funny the claim of the multi hit bug only happening against downstate players when there is a video showing it happening against an Asuran on skyhammer that at full health alive and doing multi hit over 56k.

Okay, first off, I already said the attack can hit 20k if you spec full burst. Second, there's no possible way it could hit 56k unless the target went down and the bug came into effect. You see what I mean? No single person could take 56k worth of damage and live. That number came because the asura was downed, then the rest of the hits came from the bug, totaling 56k. You helped me prove my point.

> @Sol.4310 said:

> > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > @Gahzirra.8639 said:

> > > > > > > > @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > > > > > For clarification, it does NOT hit for 20k on its own. You need to take several traits/utilities for it to hit that hard. It only does a single hit on a standing target. If that target goes down, it will get hit by the rest of the ability.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Please explain, I was not downed https://imgur.com/a/ijHHW

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > So the set up for this 28K is just root?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If the initial hit downed you, you'd take 28k total. It does NOT do 28k damage upfront. It's not possible. The multiple hits only occur when it charges against someone in the down state.

> > > > >

> > > > > False...if you read my posts I was full health ~20K then root and charge...down. You can see the log. Obviously, it doesn't work how you think it does...saw in another thread a guy said if you spam the charge button it will do this, so who knows. You also said 28K not possible I showed you a log that it was, and had he crit the 4th hit, it would have been +31K...not upfront lol only within 1 second.

> > > > >

> > > > > I repeat I was not down nor was the first hit that downed me...

> > > > >

> > > > > This is like the deadeye bug comments all over...

> > > > >

> > > > > Poster 1 Deadeye 1 shotting people out of the blue no mark

> > > > > Poster 2 NUH UHH impossible you have to mark then build up stacks learn to dodge

> > > > > Poster 3 You just mark an ambient creature and never switch mark, bam full malice

> > > > > Poster 2.....silence

> > > >

> > > > Okay, a few things here...

> > > >

> > > > First off, that combat log shows nothing except for the damage you received.

> > > >

> > > > Second, I _can_ see the log and it does NOT tell me anything about whether you were already in the downstate or not.

> > > >

> > > > Obviously, it doesn't work how YOU think it does. Have you ever actually played ranger before? If you can show me how to "spam the charge button" I'm all ears. Modesty aside, I'm probably one of the best, if not _the_ best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge... so its not "who knows?..." because _I know._ The only buttons we have available in terms of controlling our pets attacks are f1 and f2. There's no "spamming" the charge button, because the charge is bound to neither one of the two.

> > > >

> > > > Maybe you should read a little more carefully. I never said the damage wasn't possible. I said it was impossible for a single hit to do 28k. Your screenshot literally proves this as you had taken **seven hits**. Three which did 7.8k damage, 1 that did 4.6k, and 3 that did 700.

> > > >

> > > > For the record, I know this damage is possible. I bet you don't even know the extent as to how high this damage can go. I can hit 64k given the right scenarios and enough buffs. Yet the fact remains, it WILL NOT hit this damage in a single hit on someone who is NOT already in the downstate.

> > > >

> > > > There are very few people in the game with as much experience and knowledge I have on ranger. kitten, I was one of the guild leaders for the largest ALL RANGER GUILD in the game. So, with that said, don't lecture me and take that tone if you don't know what you're talking about.

> > >

> > > I agreed not in 1 hit, as I stated but it was within 1 second. You can see the entanglement tick then the 4 charge hits and another tick...it ticks roughly once per second, is that correct "best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge"?

> > >

> > > I was in the fight and as I said I was full health then deleted, didn't even know about the damage potential but checked log because I was like kitten hit me...then he stomped. I get you weren't there, so lets use some logic on health bars.

> > >

> > > Let's say I imagined it all and I was close to death and he hit my with the first charge that downed me. So the first 7.9k was to down then he hit me for almost 25K(since I had to be downed by your rule of only multiple hits if downed) more health than I have standing?

> > >

> > > Isn't downed health bar initially 75% of health.

> > >

> > > Keep defending your broken pet damage, it will be fixed. I am done with this, life is complete the **best ranger in the game in terms of mechanics and knowledge** replied to me.

> >

> > Your screenshot shows nothing. You could have already been in the downstate. It only shows the damage dealt, nothing else.

> >

> > You realize that I led and taught 250+ rangers in that guild right? We had the best rangers on NA in there, Eurantien, Genyen, Saethe, Talgo, Kraalle etc. etc. You can laugh all you want, I said "modesty aside." I know what I'm talking about. If you're so doubtful, then duel me in game.

> >

> > I have actively sought out the best rangers in game (both NA and EU) in order to talk and duel them throughout the years. I have either bested them or been on equal footing with them in duels. I have been plat 3/legend in every single season I've played in so far, top of the leaderboards, etc. etc. etc. I have enough reason to believe I am one of the best rangers in game. Not to mention I've been playing this class almost exclusively at a high level since the game came out. You don't even know that its impossible to "spam the charge button," yet you continue to try to prove to me that you are in the right.

>

> Sorry mate, I'm back so that means I'm the best Ranger NA.

Shit you're right

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > It’s funny the claim of the multi hit bug only happening against downstate players when there is a video showing it happening against an Asuran on skyhammer that at full health alive and doing multi hit over 56k.

>

> Okay, first off, I already said the attack can hit 20k if you spec full burst. Second, there's no possible way it could hit 56k unless the target went down and the bug came into effect. You see what I mean? No single person could take 56k worth of damage and live. That number came because the asura was downed, then the rest of the hits came from the bug, totaling 56k. You helped me prove my point.

Sorry it was 48k Multi hit bug while the player was standing at full health. The multi hits hit while the player was still up, Then halfway through the player downs and it finishes them off. But saying the multi hit only happens against downs is false it will start the multi hit even when standing

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > It’s funny the claim of the multi hit bug only happening against downstate players when there is a video showing it happening against an Asuran on skyhammer that at full health alive and doing multi hit over 56k.

> >

> > Okay, first off, I already said the attack can hit 20k if you spec full burst. Second, there's no possible way it could hit 56k unless the target went down and the bug came into effect. You see what I mean? No single person could take 56k worth of damage and live. That number came because the asura was downed, then the rest of the hits came from the bug, totaling 56k. You helped me prove my point.

>

> Sorry it was 48k Multi hit bug while the player was standing at full health. The multi hits hit while the player was still up, not when they were downed.

>

_Sorry_, a single player will not take 48k while living. The extra damage came when he was downed.

> @shadowpass.4236 said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > It’s funny the claim of the multi hit bug only happening against downstate players when there is a video showing it happening against an Asuran on skyhammer that at full health alive and doing multi hit over 56k.

> > >

> > > Okay, first off, I already said the attack can hit 20k if you spec full burst. Second, there's no possible way it could hit 56k unless the target went down and the bug came into effect. You see what I mean? No single person could take 56k worth of damage and live. That number came because the asura was downed, then the rest of the hits came from the bug, totaling 56k. You helped me prove my point.

> >

> > Sorry it was 48k Multi hit bug while the player was standing at full health. The multi hits hit while the player was still up, not when they were downed.

> >

>

> _Sorry_, a single player will not take 48k while living. The extra damage came when he was downed.

Again you keep saying the multi hit only happens against downed players, the multi hit bug happens against players that are alive, re-read what I wrote it stated that it started multi hit before it downed the Asuran then finished it at 48k... #readcomp

> @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > It’s funny the claim of the multi hit bug only happening against downstate players when there is a video showing it happening against an Asuran on skyhammer that at full health alive and doing multi hit over 56k.

> > > >

> > > > Okay, first off, I already said the attack can hit 20k if you spec full burst. Second, there's no possible way it could hit 56k unless the target went down and the bug came into effect. You see what I mean? No single person could take 56k worth of damage and live. That number came because the asura was downed, then the rest of the hits came from the bug, totaling 56k. You helped me prove my point.

> > >

> > > Sorry it was 48k Multi hit bug while the player was standing at full health. The multi hits hit while the player was still up, not when they were downed.

> > >

> >

> > _Sorry_, a single player will not take 48k while living. The extra damage came when he was downed.

>

> Again you keep saying the multi hit only happens against downed players, the multi hit bug happens against players that are alive, re-read what I wrote it stated that it started multi hit before it downed the Asuran then finished it at 48k... #readcomp

I think you should watch that video again. The asura is clearly downed on the 1st hit from the fully buffed charge. If the skill did not multi-hit downed players, there would be nothing wrong with it.

> @"Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582" said:

> > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > @BlaqueFyre.5678 said:

> > > > > > It’s funny the claim of the multi hit bug only happening against downstate players when there is a video showing it happening against an Asuran on skyhammer that at full health alive and doing multi hit over 56k.

> > > > >

> > > > > Okay, first off, I already said the attack can hit 20k if you spec full burst. Second, there's no possible way it could hit 56k unless the target went down and the bug came into effect. You see what I mean? No single person could take 56k worth of damage and live. That number came because the asura was downed, then the rest of the hits came from the bug, totaling 56k. You helped me prove my point.

> > > >

> > > > Sorry it was 48k Multi hit bug while the player was standing at full health. The multi hits hit while the player was still up, not when they were downed.

> > > >

> > >

> > > _Sorry_, a single player will not take 48k while living. The extra damage came when he was downed.

> >

> > Again you keep saying the multi hit only happens against downed players, the multi hit bug happens against players that are alive, re-read what I wrote it stated that it started multi hit before it downed the Asuran then finished it at 48k... #readcomp

>

> I think you should watch that video again. The asura is clearly downed on the 1st hit from the fully buffed charge. If the skill did not multi-hit downed players, there would be nothing wrong with it.

>

>

>

Again the player started in the Alive state while shadowpass says it only happens to players already in the downed state clearly the first charge happened while the player was alive. #readcomp

> @Doomdesire.9365 said:

> > @Archon.6480 said:

> > It feels good. Kinda how a scourge, theif, or holo basher must feel when they do similar. Soulbeast is complete garbage, so it must be there to balance the trash.

>

> Except that you can use Gazelle on meta druid, which is already one of the strongest 1v1 builds that you'll see in ranked...

True, the pet can be used with the druid build that is already very strong.

But the pet isn't going to do that kind of dmg.

> @Griever.8150 said:

> Explains de influx of rangers i've seen at least.

influx of rangers? I wish you could see the look of sheer amazement on my face right now.

EVERY MATCH has 2 scourge or 2 Spellbreakers-- or better yet I had a match last week where I was the only NON spellbreaker/scourge on both teams.