Daily achievements

Help I give up lol I'm a noob, sorry, I've searched Google and wiki and this forum, can't figure out for the life of me how to do dailies, where to go and how to get there. When I read the quest and the areas I have to go to, I can't find where they are and / or how to get there! Is there a guide somewhere that can give me a walkthrough?

WvW dailies are usually the fastest once you learn them.

Also the mining/harvest dailies are considered the easiest to do once you have the majority of the map unlocked.

PvP is a fun way to do the dailies too, but takes more effort. If you do decide to PvP, please look up a PvP build on metabattle or godsofpvp.net so you have a competitive build.

Good luck!

> @"FFirecracker.6302" said:

> Help I give up lol I'm a noob, sorry, I've searched Google and wiki and this forum, can't figure out for the life of me how to do dailies, where to go and how to get there. When I read the quest and the areas I have to go to, I can't find where they are and / or how to get there! Is there a guide somewhere that can give me a walkthrough?

You open your Hero Panel, select the Achievements tab, then Daily. There you see the basic dailies of the three game modes PvE, PvP and WvW on top of the list. You select the three you want to do (best make them a sticky by clicking on the eye icon). Another way to do it is by clicking on the daily login chest, it will open a window that shows you those dailies as well. (To find the location for each daily, e.g. enter the name of the jumping puzzle in the [GW2 Wiki](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Main_Page "GW2 Wiki") and it will help you find the nearest Waypoint, which you can then copy & paste into map chat and click upon in order to travel there. If you don't have the waypoint unlocked yet, mark it with a star by pressing Left Alt + Left Mouse Button, then travel to ther nearest location available to you and walk the rest of the way to unlock the waypoint.)

In addition (and with different rewards) there are also Fractal dailies, Festival dailies, Living World map dailies, all to be found in said Achievements-->Daily tab. They give different rewards and are not part of the basic daily reward routine that provides you with three Spirit Shards at the end. But you will get the hang of that with time.

The most common categories are node gathering, event completion, vistas, and jumping puzzles. None of them will be in a map you can't get to. Eg if you don't own HoT, you won't get Heart of Maguuma Lumberer. However, once you have at least one 80 level character, you will get level 80 dailies and should probably do them on a character of that level.

Node gathering and vista viewing is by region. So Shiverpeaks would be any of the snowy maps (including Bitterfrost Frontier), Ascalon any of the Charr lands, Kryta any of the Human lands, etc. (Maguuma Jungle is Asura/Sylvari lands, Heart of Maguuma is the four HoT maps, and if "Wastes" is in the name you go to either Dry Top or SIlverwastes). For Kryta you could gather lettuce in Beetletun, hardwoods in Harathi, etc, just so long as you are in the right region and gathering the right type of node.

Events are by specific map. Map chat once you are there will be full of people calling out event locations. Jumping puzzles are by specific puzzle. If you want to do one, head to that puzzle's map and check Map chat or just go to the puzzle and look for a pink circle if you don't want to just do the puzzle yourself. Mesmers are very helpful for speeding up daily jps (it's very nice to tip if you can afford to, especially on the longer or harder puzzles). (Uncommonly it will ask you to complete a dungeon or do a world boss; for the latter if you type /wiki et you will get the event timer page so you know when that boss is up).

If you're not sure where a thing is, type /wiki followed by the name you are researching. GW2's wiki folks have put together the best, most complete, accurate, and easy to read game wiki I've ever seen. Unless the subject is something brand new to the game, you can be confident you will find full documentation on it.

You also needn't do only PvE dailies. If you enjoy PvP or WvW, you can do those. Out of all the dailies you only need to do three for the daily reward, mixing and matching from any of the full set.

Hope that helps!

On the page with Dailies, or the page of a Daily you have chosen, there is either a list of maps where the Vista/gathering/event takes place, or a specific 'Show me' option (click the Map Compass), such as for Jumping Puzzles.

Again, the Wiki (link above) has information on all aspects of Dailies, no matter the kind.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

One thing to note: Dailies in this game are entirely optional. They do give a nice little reward (2 gold and some spirit shards) if you manage to do 3 of them on any day, but you can get that just as well from other sources. There is no reward tied to dailies in this game that you absolutely have to have to play the game at higher levels, unlike other games.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> One thing to note: Dailies in this game are entirely optional. They do give a nice little reward (2 gold and some spirit shards) if you manage to do 3 of them on any day, but you can get that just as well from other sources.

Not as quickly. When you pick the easiest 3 dailies (e.g. a vista, farming a specific node, and an easy jumping puzzle), you are usually done in no time.

> There is no reward tied to dailies in this game

Wrong. You get 10 AP each day, which is a lot.

> @"FFirecracker.6302" said:

> Help I give up lol I'm a noob, sorry, I've searched Google and wiki and this forum, can't figure out for the life of me how to do dailies, where to go and how to get there. When I read the quest and the areas I have to go to, I can't find where they are and / or how to get there! Is there a guide somewhere that can give me a walkthrough?

You may have figured this out already but the dailies are achievements, not quests. (GW2 doesn't have any quests outside of the story.) Which may be part of the problem you're having - you're not looking for a specific person or spot on the map, you just need to be on the right map and then complete any activity which fits - for example for Daily Event Completer you can do any events on the map. So there won't be anything pointing you to a specific place, you just need to roam around and find them.

If you can't find the map I wouldn't worry about it. As @"Rasimir.6239" said dailies are entirely optional. The 2g reward is nice, but unless you really need gold ASAP there's no harm in ignoring dailies until you've explored more of the world. But alternatively you can use the Wiki to find the right map and how to get there.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > One thing to note: Dailies in this game are entirely optional. They do give a nice little reward (2 gold and some spirit shards) if you manage to do 3 of them on any day, but you can get that just as well from other sources.

> Not as quickly. When you pick the easiest 3 dailies (e.g. a vista, farming a specific node, and an easy jumping puzzle), you are usually done in no time.

When you're new to the game as the op seems to be, there's not necessarily anything quick about that, since you've likely not even been to the areas the dailies are in.

> > There is no reward tied to dailies in this game

> Wrong. You get 10 AP each day, which is a lot.

I admit I've never understood why some people seem to find ap so important. For one, they accumulate while you play, whether you want them or not, and for another, there's nothing tied to them that you absolutely need to have to play the game later on. Whether I have 300 ap or 30k ap doesn't make a noticable difference to how I can play the game and participate in content.

AP does grant some nice rewards (I recently got the 20K chest, which had 400 gems and 30 gold).

I do agree that when first starting out, you get AP from all sorts of things (kills by weapon, kills by creature, crafting, classes, salvaging, and so on)

However, at some point, the easy achievements are done, and the daily 10 AP points is the fastest way to get AP points. It will also take a bit over 4 years of playing to max out the 15K allowed daily APs, so you may want to start sooner vs later. Though if I was a new player, I might not worry about the daily APs for the first couple months.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> I admit I've never understood why some people seem to find ap so important. For one, they accumulate while you play, whether you want them or not, and for another, there's nothing tied to them that you absolutely need to have to play the game later on.

By those means, you don't "need" to play the game at all. Achievements are one of the biggest parts of the game, and their AP are a sweet reward for the contents of those Achievement Chests you receive every 500 AP: they raise your Luck, Gold Find, also give you gold and provide you with unique skins. _That's_ why AP are important to many players.

> Whether I have 300 ap or 30k ap doesn't make a noticable difference to how I can play the game and participate in content.

Every person has their own priorities. ;)

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> But a new player probably cares about the 2 gold reward. For newcomers, 2 gold is a fortune, specially if they are far from level 80.

Exactly. Also motivates them to explore maps.

No one seems to have mentioned this, but dailies are only *partially* unlocked for new players levelling the conventional way.

> From [the Wiki article on Dailies](https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daily):

> Accounts where the level of the highest character that ever existed is below level 11 will only see one achievement per category; accounts with a highest character between levels 11-30 will see three achievements per category.

> The achievements available for accounts with only low level characters are grayed out on the table below.

> Accounts with a character 31 and above will see the full amount of four per category.

Similarily, there are variations in what specific dailies are available depending on what level you've reached (highest ever on account) and whether you have any expansions unlocked.

For instance today, the **Lumberer** and **Vista Viewer** dailies are level/expansion dependent.

* If you have PoF unlocked and have reached lvl 80 on the account, one daily is *Desert Lumberer*.

* If you've reached 80 but don't have PoF, you instead get *Maguuma Wastes Lumberer*.

* If you haven't reached 80, you get *Shiverpeaks Lumberer*.

* If you haven't reached lvl 70, *Orr Vista Viewer* is instead *Maguuma Vista Viewer*.

> > I admit I've never understood why some people seem to find ap so important. For one, they accumulate while you play, whether you want them or not, and for another, there's nothing tied to them that you absolutely need to have to play the game later on.

> By those means, you don't "need" to play the game at all. Achievements are one of the biggest parts of the game, and their AP are a sweet reward for the contents of those Achievement Chests you receive every 500 AP: they raise your Luck, Gold Find, also give you gold and provide you with unique skins. _That's_ why AP are important to many players.

But you can get all that without grinding for achievement points. If you just try a wide variety of content in the game, achievement points will come naturally. I occasionally check my achievement log to find inspiration of what I'd like to play that day, but as often as not I'll be sidetracked on the way to the achievement or just find it's something I don't enjoy, so I won't pursue it. Still after 6.5 years of playing this game (not daily, but usually several times a week) I find myself with 15k+ ap on this account and 30k+ on my main account. That's my point: don't burn yourself out focussing on the ap you might miss if you don't do your dailies religiously. They will come if you just play, and even then they don't make all that much of a difference.

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> But you can get all that without grinding for achievement points. If you just try a wide variety of content in the game, achievement points will come naturally.

That's not true. Many achievements require specific dedication, you won't get them "along the way."

There is zero way I would get 30k ap without going out of my way. Far too many are in areas I simply never go to and/or are just an oddity I'd never finish. For instance, I recently went and read each book in that Ascalonian city within 2 hours. It's been almost three years and I only did it because there was ap tied to it. Another was picking up a piece of meat and feeding it to a creature nearby. Had to look that one up on the wiki. Not to mention jump puzzles, which I am /terrible/ at. No ap? I would never do them ever. Yes, some are part of collections for legendaries, so maybe not never but that's it. And not all of them are.

Not to mention but ap means that someday I will eventually have to do pvp. Maybe, Maybe I just won't ever get those. Funny how I enjoy wvw both roaming and zerg but cannot stand pvp. I do agree with not burning yourself out, just, 30k ap will not just fall into my lap. YMMV!

> > But you can get all that without grinding for achievement points. If you just try a wide variety of content in the game, achievement points will come naturally.

>

> That's not true. Many achievements require specific dedication, you won't get them "along the way."

Hmm ... do you suggest somebody hacked my account to shower it in achievement points? ;)

> @"Rasimir.6239" said:

> > @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > That's not true. Many achievements require specific dedication, you won't get them "along the way."

> Hmm ... do you suggest somebody hacked my account to shower it in achievement points? ;)

I said specific achievements. Obviously, you did not do those (like collections, races etc.).