I have tried but

Kuulpb.5412

I have tried and given it a fair amount of time, but I find renegade to be a HORRIBLE elite spec, not only is having a 900 range piercing condi rather saddening while warrior rifle had their piercing trait changed to something .. imo bad, But The summons die, everything is so slow, and it just feels so weak. I have tried it so much ( as I want to add a skill to wiki but you need rev) and it's just horrible to play as. I don't THINK i'm the only one, so I'll instead ask - Does anyone actually LIKE the renegade?

I like it. I find it fun and for now its a challenge figuring out best way to use your summons and the SB. I hated hammer, so SB is ok with me, ecept SB3, stupidest thing ever! But I take the good with the bad. I am hoping that it has a place in raids and I think it might. Putting down some extra dps help for my party is always good and once a rotation is ironed out I see it being a viable choice for sure. Not Weaver/FB dps but still good. And I just like that's its different. Finally something else to do other than spam Sw1/zerk skill/LB/SE/ repeat. (cPS)

Yea, it needs work. The energy cost on Citadel Bombardment is just stupid. Fix that and we are headed in the right direction......don't fix it and Renegade just might die out, I dunno.

I don't need the summons to be indestructible (but then I don't pvp) so having them pop out buff me and go away is a meh for me. As l;ong as I get some sort of buff (and my party) I'm good, but yea, ICEDUDE NEEDS DA ICE!!! That's just a silly oversight ANET.

Give em time to tweak it a bit and we might be happy in the end. When you build a racing motor you can't open her up right away else she explodes so maybe same goes for Renegade???? Gotta break it in......... lol! ;)

Yes, you are not alone, I am very bitter about it myself to tell the truth. The more I'm trying to play it the more I wish I could refund this expansion since I bought it solely because of the new spec and I mostly roam/spvp nowadays. The way it is now - every single class has an elite spec that scales so much better with their core, it's almost racist :)

I like the shortbow, I like renegade just simply because I always hate that herald buff bot spec but I can't bear to play it anywhere outside PvE and in my opinion it's very fine spec for PvE atm. But for PvP/WvW it's simply too annoying, unrewarding and lacking to say better.

And I don't feel like waiting another 3-5 months for Renegade to become relevant, things like this should be handled during tests before pushing into life but seems like Anet doesn't care. Good thing it's not the only MMO out there.

> @Kuulpb.5412 said:

> Does anyone actually LIKE the renegade?

Overall: Nope.

I wanted the expansion to provide us a ranged hybrid weapon which could bring us ranged pressure with conditions to prevent the current roaming meta (mostly stealth Thieves and condi variants + condi Mesmers and stealth Rangers) to keep poking us to death at range, using stealth or high mobility to disengage and reset the fights.

Sadly, the shortbow not only has low range, mediocre damage (due isn't synergized to torment but to bleeds and burns) and horrible cast times, falling week as pressure deliver, but also lacks any defensive tool (blocks, blinds, evades...) or mobility to help in that matter. I never wanted a pet build (Guardian builds with spititual weapons or Rangers with spirits are just plain bad and boring), so Kalla was always uninteresting and discardable, but didn't worried me because you aren't forced to use the legend. What was dismal was to find how useless were the new function keys.

So, after the two beta weekends was evident that the Renegade would work fine for PvE as a damage enhancer due the traitline, but will be just plain bad for PvP and WvW, so the power Herald would remain king in those fronts. I'm not mad about it because the other aspects of the expansion (the quality of the maps and their content) are really high, and really I don't worry about enhancements about the Renegade because honestly: I won't play the Renegade. They can turn the Kalla skills into five isntant-cast 60k dps nukes and still I won't touch the spec. I'm not fan of the charr race, I don't like summons, I don't like the F key skills and I find the hammer a vastly superior weapon in design compared to the shortbow so the Renegade is for me a dead corpse. Let it root, I'm more interested about improvements in the Herald or in the Jalis legend and the Retribution trait line.

Thinking more about future specs because Renegade was a waste of time. Still, PoF as a whole is great.

Was hoping for something better so I could play Rev in WvW, but nope...clunky, high-energy, aspects killable/fearable...went with my support Firebrand instead. Our guild has a suggested condi build for WvW which uses the Renegade trait line but not the legend itself or the shorbow, but I'm not a fan of condi, either.

I am enjoying the class.

I would like the summons to be instant cast, especially the interrupt. I would like that they couldn't be taken out of commission so easily as well.

The shortbow, well yeah, it suffers the same fate as all ranged weapons.

Renegade put Revenant back into the raid meta, so I'm cool with it.

I think it's important to separate Renegade from Kalla and from Shortbow though... Kalla's okay I guess, but obviously short bow is terrible.

Although short bow being terrible isn't really short bow's fault. A ranged condi weapon just doesn't fit with our kit--which is exactly what we used to say when people would QQ on the forums for a ranged condi weapon option for a class with no ranged condi utilities.

> @narcx.3570 said:

> Renegade put Revenant back into the raid meta, so I'm cool with it.

>

> I think it's important to separate Renegade from Kalla and from Shortbow though... Kalla's okay I guess, but obviously short bow is terrible.

>

> Although short bow being terrible isn't really short bow's fault. A ranged condi weapon just doesn't fit with our kit--which is exactly what we used to say when people would QQ on the forums for a ranged condi weapon option for a class with no ranged condi utilities.

Agreed. The Shortbow won't replace Mace/Axe as the main damage weapon; it's merely an additional option for Condi Revs when there was previously none. I mean, don't get me wrong, just like the Mirage, it doesn't _feel_ satisfying because it doesn't change the Condi Rev paradigm.

Kalla, on the other hand, I like a lot. If all you care about is your solo DPS numbers, then it won't offer much. But when you stop to consider the group damage buff the summons can provide, it's arguably better than Jali.

> @narcx.3570 said:

> Renegade put Revenant back into the raid meta, so I'm cool with it.

>

> I think it's important to separate Renegade from Kalla and from Shortbow though... Kalla's okay I guess, but obviously short bow is terrible.

>

> Although short bow being terrible isn't really short bow's fault. A ranged condi weapon just doesn't fit with our kit--which is exactly what we used to say when people would QQ on the forums for a ranged condi weapon option for a class with no ranged condi utilities.

Realistically, no one expect a ranged condi weapon to be top dps in PvE. The expectation was it would work well in sPvP and WvW, and it does not.

I have loved raiding with it so far, but I have not yet got into WvW or PvP on it. I imagine that it could be a good time to do a ventari/jallis full trailblazer build with kalla and shortbow in WvW as a hybrid healer and ranged condi applicator. But I can't see actually using the Kalla legend in WvW/PvP.