Suggestions ,running the wall

If they were going to add parkour inspired movement options I'd prefer jumping, grabbing a ledge and pulling yourself up by your arms to be top of the list. Its so frustrating when you're trying to get up somewhere and you know in real life your character could pull themselves up but because of the way the game is designed they can't reach it at all unless they can jump and land feet first on the ledge.

> @"Danikat.8537" said:

> If they were going to add parkour inspired movement options I'd prefer jumping, grabbing a ledge and pulling yourself up by your arms to be top of the list. Its so frustrating when you're trying to get up somewhere and you know in real life your character could pull themselves up but because of the way the game is designed they can't reach it at all unless they can jump and land feet first on the ledge.

Well, I think that's just the thing: the game was designed that way. If you can't reach a place using the available movement options, you were not meant to go there in the first place. That's why it is so easy to break out of bounds with mounts in pre-PoF maps: they were not designed to be navigated using mounts. Letting them into all the maps made a lot of content trivial, as well, losing even the smallest bit of challenge actually getting to an objective presented to the player Allowing the use of such special movement mechanics would be pointless in existing maps.

While I do enjoy more movement in games, and wouldn't mind Assassin's Creed / Mirror's Edge styled climbing being added to any game, GW2's so far along that such an addition would not only take a bunch of resources to code and animate properly among five races and two genders, but it'd also be game breaking - specially in modes like WvW - since ArenaNet relies on the lack of wallclimbing to put in barriers for their maps.