Power Holosmith Build?

Refia Montes.3205

> @Adamantium.3682 said:

> > @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> >...

> > Don't misunderstand. This is not an argument as to why it is Holosmith has a hard time surviving. This is an _explanation_. I've played holosmith in real content for several days, finding the spec to be bizarrely fragile, in spite of having no problems playing either core engi or scrapper. I lived through the progression of slowly adding more and more defensive utilities and traits to compensate for the Holosmith's inability to defend itself.

>

> I didn't know stacks can said over the wall, that is lame.

>

> Otherwise I guess you choose all the exact worst situations to use the skills in the called them bad. Then came up with a bad build and called them bad. Agree to disagree.

I refer you to [Murphy's law](https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murphy's_law " Murphy's law"). My experience is that if there is a bug in a skill, or bad behavior, it will likely cause unnecessary deaths.

> @"Blood Red Arachnid.2493" said:

> So you take all of them together. You have Photon Wall, Spectrum Shield and Hard Light Arena. Congrats on making a kit-less engineer. You now have terrible damage, no range, poor utilities, and the sword doesn't do nearly enough damage to make all these sacrifices worthwhile.

I don't disagree with your assessment of how these skills are lacking, but the problem I see is: if you make these skills actually good, like top notch defense, you end up with Holosmiths quite possibly being more of a bruiser than Scrappers. I imagine they're worried about ending up there, Holosmiths supposedly being all about that selfish burst damage.

Part of the issue here is that in what was sold as a focused burst damage elite, they actually added 3 out of 5 (mostly) defensive utilities.

Maybe the idea was for all the damage to come from traits and PF and have a really reactive defense style in the utils, but it didn't end up that way; PF isn't enough to carry ALL the damage in the spec and the utils are too slow/too long CD to really fit that reactive style.

https://qtfy.eu/guildwars/engineer/power-holosmith-build-guide/

Guide & rotation from Qtf.

The secret of maximum damage is to engage Photon Forge and being able to use 3 times of Corona Burst and twice Photon Blitz.

Overall rotation is way much simpler than Condi engineer, and surprisingly yield more damage too!

In terms of World Exploration, I would prefer more breakstuns utilities.

> @Vagrant.7206 said:

> The damage is virtually the same as a decent condi engi, so there's virtually no reason to choose holosmith over condi engi unless you can't learn the rotations.

I'm sorry, but I am an Asuran engineer who sets themselves on fire and then blows up overheating, which causes damage to enemies around me and my attacks then ignore them. That's **plenty** reason to go Holosmith, it should frankly be an asuran racial spec. :open_mouth:

Explosions! Fire everywhere! Burning! LASERS!

> @"Refia Montes.3205" said:

> When Zephyrites where the one's that were able to make the spec though :P. Anyways thanks for all the suggestions... How bad is it if I replace Rifle with a Sword?

Nobody cares in open world but bomb kit is simply better most of the time. Higher aa damage, good toolbelt skill, firebomb and a blindfield and immob/cripple.

Rifle adds high burst and high cc.

You can play sword/pistol without kits for high damage too but you wont reach the benchmark. Still does decent damage though.