Auto Attacks And You

I cannot be the first to notice this or wonder why it hasn't been changed. Yet my Google-fu produces nothing.

Any time one gets a special skill bar, like say - the one from Warrior's 'Rampage' - the auto attack for skill 1 is never enabled. Why?

Why can't I turn auto attack on, leave the form, then reenter the form, and just have auto attack already enabled? Why is it not on by default like weapon skills?

I can't think of any good reason, and I was very surprised upon returning to find that this is still the case.

That is not true. It is only like that for certain things. As for why some are like that I have no idea.

When you get a new set of skills it is usually either a bundle or a transform. You know it is a bundle if you can cancel it using weapon. Transforms will prevent you from using mounts and chairs.

Most of the things that have it off by default are Transforms, and a significant number of bundles. This is done mainly to prevent situations were auto attack cast time and/or charges could disrupt/exhaust the ability's limited resources. The resource mechanics have changed over time, but most of the actual skills only ever see number tweaks.... so there is rarely a situation where they'd had to rethink auto cast. On top of which the 1 skill is usually just filler for the other skills.... so you really wouldn't want an auto attack getting in the way of a queue sequence.

Its also important to note that Auto chains on most weapons have different queuing rules then transforms or bundles, and have lowest priority on a skill queue and no after cast (meaning they are easily interrupted by the use of other skills). Thats not true of most transforms skills, since most that I can think of also have aftercast