Ice Shards suggestion

Jski.6180

Water 1 scepter ice shards seems like a hold skill that was made to be replaces some time during gw2 beta but it never was update or fixed to be a real skill. It dose nothing that water atument looks to do and as a dmg skill it lacks.

I think by making it into a cone healing effect would add a lot of life to scepter and the healing support tempest builds (being able to go a real main hand healing tool with the tempest wh would go a long way to fixing the support tempest right now dagger dose not cut it for an support wepon nor dose scepter only staff but you cant use a wh with it).

Any thoughts on this?

Your suggestion on making Ice Shards into a cone healing skill already exists, it's called Cone of Cold or dagger 2. Elementalist's dagger is terrible for support builds. Cone of Cold scales terribly even with a ton of healing power, not to mention that it's a channeled skill so if you get interrupted, the healing is gone. But the main reason why the Tempest PvP support build uses dagger/focus is because of the auras.

Instead of a cone healing skill, I was thinking of giving Ice Shards a blast finisher, like a mini version of the staff's Ice Spike. And while we're at it, I think it would be great if Water Trident created a water field that you can use Ice Shards in, allowing elementalist to have more ways of healing.

Ice shards is the only useful autoattack on scepter besides air one since you can extend its range to ~1000-1100. It does solid damage when you cant hit the beam because of terrain. There's no point of buffing healing on scepter because it shouldnt be a supportive weapon at all, there's plenty of other weapon choices for healing.

> @"steki.1478" said:

> Ice shards is the only useful autoattack on scepter besides air one since you can extend its range to ~1000-1100. It does solid damage when you cant hit the beam because of terrain. There's no point of buffing healing on scepter because it shouldnt be a supportive weapon at all, there's plenty of other weapon choices for healing.

Its one of the worst skills in ele kit as well as never being given a real update and has no real effect. It is a places holder skill.

> @"Hoodie.1045" said:

> Your suggestion on making Ice Shards into a cone healing skill already exists, it's called Cone of Cold or dagger 2. Elementalist's dagger is terrible for support builds. Cone of Cold scales terribly even with a ton of healing power, not to mention that it's a channeled skill so if you get interrupted, the healing is gone. But the main reason why the Tempest PvP support build uses dagger/focus is because of the auras.

>

> Instead of a cone healing skill, I was thinking of giving Ice Shards a blast finisher, like a mini version of the staff's Ice Spike. And while we're at it, I think it would be great if Water Trident created a water field that you can use Ice Shards in, allowing elementalist to have more ways of healing.

I think your mixing up skills the 1 skill ice shards only dose dmg no ground target at all so asking for a blast on it is very out of places. Your talking about meme stone or water 2 hehe. Cone of cold having heal is oddly out of places as well its not a water skill its a ice skill if any thing it should be a chill dmg skill not a heal dmg skill. That gets to another point about dagger main hand (water atument) its the only wepon in the game for ele that lacks a condi clear of any type. I suggest making cone of cold into a condi clear / chill skill and move the healing cone effect to ice shards.

I think all skills on ele should have an added effect to them aline to there atument. If a skill just dose dmg even if that dmg come with aoe and effect that are aoe like its not a true elemental skill. Its just a physical dmg skill with an elemental animations. All fire skill should burn or "burn" like soft cc (blind cripple slow) all ice skill should have chill or "chill" like effects (vulnerability). To just have a pure dmg skill on any of the ele wepon kits is to give up any thing that makes an ele an elemental base class.

> @"Jski.6180" said:

> > @"steki.1478" said:

> > Ice shards is the only useful autoattack on scepter besides air one since you can extend its range to ~1000-1100. It does solid damage when you cant hit the beam because of terrain. There's no point of buffing healing on scepter because it shouldnt be a supportive weapon at all, there's plenty of other weapon choices for healing.

>

> Its one of the worst skills in ele kit as well as never being given a real update and has no real effect. It is a places holder skill.

It's an autoattack...all of them are placeholder lol