For a game that presents so much content variety, rewards for that content seem kind of unbalanced.

> @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > > @"gateless gate.8406" said:

> > > Hm, I wonder why a difficult game mode that requires leadership, coordination, extensive knowledge, and good group composition has better rewards than a mode where you can half-AFK as you re-capture camps and sentries all day. What a mystery!

> >

> > Like I mentioned earlier, it doesn't matter how much _harder_ you _think_ your mode is. Everyone deserves comparable rewards for their time investment. No mode is really difficult, no more so than you want it to be. It's possible to also just buy raid runs and afk your way through.

>

> Wrong.

>

> I mean, you can state "everyone should receive equal rewards simply based on time," but that's a fairly controversial opinion, and you're offering no reasoning to convince anyone of your opinion. The more reasonable approach is that rewards scale based on time, difficulty, organizational requirements, or a combination of several of the three.

Except that is an equally controversial opinion, and equally not supported by any objective arguments.

> According to you, a person who literally just auto-runs laps around the starting zone for 3 hours should receive the same rewards as someone who just raided for 3 hours, purely because they spent the same amount of time in the game.

According to you someone putting an effort into raids is more deserving of rewards than someone putting equal amount of effort into any different content, just because you value one type of effort more than another.

Theres no right answer to this.

Difficulty and effort assume that everyone in the game has exactly the same skills and keyboard and mouse dexterity, and thats simply not the case and never can be.

If rewards are to be given out for doing something, then ideally the something has to be able to be done by everyone regardless of the above .

Doesnt mean it has to be easy though.

> @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> A second PvE legendary armor set _should_ be released, but it should be delivered through some more core PvE content than Fractals.

It should be crafted, _exactly like weapons already are_. Thanks to the gen 2.5 legendaries, the infrastructure's already there, just replace all the mithril and elder wood with silk and thick leather.

> @"Zexanima.7851" said:

> > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > @"melandru.3876" said:

> > > > > @"Astralporing.1957" said:

> > > > > > @"phs.6089" said:

> > > > > > you can't get viper trinkets from raids, berries only, I always wonders why.

> > > > > ...of course you _can_ get vipers from raids. I have no idea why you think you cannot.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > he does not play raids, haven't you seen his threadds yet? he wants legendary gear from fractals and screw over the raid community :p

> > > Why would that "screw over" the raid community? If legendary armor in fractals would be bad for anyone, it would be for the part of the community that _doesn't_ like playing hardcore instanced content. Not raiders - they already have their armor after all.

> >

> > and you somehow think legendary fractal armor would not include fractal challenge motes?

> > what makes you believe so?

> >

> > i'll do you one better: look at fractal legen,dary backpack, that did require challenge motes, right?

> >

> > tell me challenge motes (including 99 and 100) are casual content for casual players.

> >

> > i'd be a matter of hours (after release of fractal legendary armor) for the first thread simmilar to "the requirements are to hard and limited to a certain part of the playerbase, please lower them to meet the standards of the majority( read this as: "lower them to my, me the OP, standard")

> >

> > you can't please anyone, and following the game developpers they have the same opinion

> >

> > lock the best gear,behind the hardest content

> >

> > if you want an easy way, with non*unique skins* then they allready gave in to the whine and made pvp and wvw a set.

> >

> > if everyone and their mother run around with legendary, then what exactly is legendary about it?

> > my friend who got the game 4 days ago allready runs around with twilight, 1 swipe of the plastic card and the deed was done

> >

> > that, is not the game i had in mind so i welcomed the hot legendaries that had to be actually crafted yourself

>

> For me it's not about how easy it is, it's about how long it takes. Does it really matter how hard people _think_ other modes are compared to raids? People's time is their most valuable asset. Once you spend it, you don't get it back. If I'm choosing to invest that time in this game to have fun I want to do something in the game I enjoy. I don't want to have to sacrifice my enjoyment in order to save on my time. It's one thing choosing between two skills to run on a build, it's not good at all to have to choose between my time and my enjoyment of the game. It wouldn't change the value of legendary armor to make it take 10~ weeks in all modes to get, specially if all modes give a different skin. All I'm asking is to be able to play the content I enjoy (the whole reason I play the game) and be rewarded with comparable rewards in a comparable amount of time compared to people who play other content.

Which content do you enjoy?