The more I play PvP the more I start to really hate this game.

Skugga.5298

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

>

>

> > @"Skugga.5298" said:

> > Hi,

> >

> > I love this game, been playing it since beta, I love the PvE part.

> > The thing is in every mmorpg I love to PvP.

> > With all these expansions PvP became so broken, I'm really starting to get tired of this game.

> >

> > Why on earth is rated PvP based on a win or loss. It's just a gamble button when you decide to click "join ranked".

>

> Winning or lose being luck is bs, as many ppl made videos climbing from bronze to plat with like 80%+ winrate, but then you'll have to admit you're not playing that well. Again, this lucky reality may become true in plat, where you find a lot of duos and win traders, but in silver, you can climb easily by spamming almost any specs, sometimes your team is super bad and it's impossible to win, even tho you should keep a 65ish% winrate if you're better than everyone else in the table.

>

> > Then there is the class balance,..

> > One game I'm able to destroy anyone and anything, the next game I just get crushed no matter what I do.

>

> Oh well, sometimes your whole team is doing well, sometimes it's not. To be honest, less than 10% of the games are close, the other 90%+ one team will win with a 200 pts + advantage.

>

> > I thought to myself maybe I can help my team better by going as a healer. Took my ele for a ride with a mender amulet and some toughness runes... what a joke.

> > Two hits and you are nearly dead, low armor, low vitality and then you are supposed to heal others. Doesn't work.

>

> Playing as a healer in low tiers isn't the smartest thing, team coordination is your worst asset as mostly everybody wants to play the "killing builds", what will make you run after those ppl trying to save them and get yourself killed instead.

>

> > The only way to make it as ele is full bunker but then you are just dancing on 1 base all day without doing anything except keep yourself alive...

>

> Oh well, it's the bunker meta, you won't be killing anyone as a sword weaver unless you land your combos perfectly, the best you can do, is rely on the other team dumbness and kite 2+ as long as you can while your team outnumbers the rest of their team in the other 2 pts.

> >

> >

> > What is going on with PvP in this game ?

> >

> > Then there is meta builds, the only way to stand a chance is to play the newest meta or you lose.

> >

> complaining about the meta isn't gonna change anything, there're over 20 viable builds, specially if you're in silver, the meta builds will be really forced into you when you reach plat and still you'll see some elementalists doing well in the leaderboards and none of those builds are meta.

>

> > PvP is also making me toxic and I don't like to be. Back in the day PvP was fun, but this whole league thing and badges made everything worse.

> > I went from Gold to Silver mainly because of others, a guy joins rated with the wrong weapons equipped, others just hug 1 base the whole game, etc, etc..

>

> Nah, you lost rating cuz ppl either gotten better or you've gotten worse

> >

> > Change the scoring system to your personal input and don't base it around win or loss. Here I'm thinking, (damage, revives, healing, capped bases, interrupts, etc, etc..)

>

> This I agree (in parts) you can't really be rewarded for losing, but your personal stats could make you lose less rating than you would. BUT the top stats are flawed and I could push far with my sword weaver die 10 times and still get top stats healing and offense while this could be the worst decision possible. Or I could just sit mid with a deadeye trying to farm kills and get top dps, while the right decision would be roam and win sides. Or I could get a warrior run around the map the whole game while 3 of their team try to kill me while my team caps the 3 pts and I don't get any top stats. Bottom line is, top stats doesnt reflect well your general impact in the game, unless you get 3+ then I think you really done well.

>

>

Agreed. I climbed from silver 2 to plat. Every other reason was just bs. Took me 3 seasons to learn and do it. People these days want to be godlike immediately. :/.

I also went on holiday the past week. Had decay to gold 2 lost some games n stayed there for the first hour. At mid gold 2. spent a day went back up to plat.

Any one who says it's not possible needs to l2p.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> >

> >

> > > @"Skugga.5298" said:

> > > Hi,

> > >

> > > I love this game, been playing it since beta, I love the PvE part.

> > > The thing is in every mmorpg I love to PvP.

> > > With all these expansions PvP became so broken, I'm really starting to get tired of this game.

> > >

> > > Why on earth is rated PvP based on a win or loss. It's just a gamble button when you decide to click "join ranked".

> >

> > Winning or lose being luck is bs, as many ppl made videos climbing from bronze to plat with like 80%+ winrate, but then you'll have to admit you're not playing that well. Again, this lucky reality may become true in plat, where you find a lot of duos and win traders, but in silver, you can climb easily by spamming almost any specs, sometimes your team is super bad and it's impossible to win, even tho you should keep a 65ish% winrate if you're better than everyone else in the table.

> >

> > > Then there is the class balance,..

> > > One game I'm able to destroy anyone and anything, the next game I just get crushed no matter what I do.

> >

> > Oh well, sometimes your whole team is doing well, sometimes it's not. To be honest, less than 10% of the games are close, the other 90%+ one team will win with a 200 pts + advantage.

> >

> > > I thought to myself maybe I can help my team better by going as a healer. Took my ele for a ride with a mender amulet and some toughness runes... what a joke.

> > > Two hits and you are nearly dead, low armor, low vitality and then you are supposed to heal others. Doesn't work.

> >

> > Playing as a healer in low tiers isn't the smartest thing, team coordination is your worst asset as mostly everybody wants to play the "killing builds", what will make you run after those ppl trying to save them and get yourself killed instead.

> >

> > > The only way to make it as ele is full bunker but then you are just dancing on 1 base all day without doing anything except keep yourself alive...

> >

> > Oh well, it's the bunker meta, you won't be killing anyone as a sword weaver unless you land your combos perfectly, the best you can do, is rely on the other team dumbness and kite 2+ as long as you can while your team outnumbers the rest of their team in the other 2 pts.

> > >

> > >

> > > What is going on with PvP in this game ?

> > >

> > > Then there is meta builds, the only way to stand a chance is to play the newest meta or you lose.

> > >

> > complaining about the meta isn't gonna change anything, there're over 20 viable builds, specially if you're in silver, the meta builds will be really forced into you when you reach plat and still you'll see some elementalists doing well in the leaderboards and none of those builds are meta.

> >

> > > PvP is also making me toxic and I don't like to be. Back in the day PvP was fun, but this whole league thing and badges made everything worse.

> > > I went from Gold to Silver mainly because of others, a guy joins rated with the wrong weapons equipped, others just hug 1 base the whole game, etc, etc..

> >

> > Nah, you lost rating cuz ppl either gotten better or you've gotten worse

> > >

> > > Change the scoring system to your personal input and don't base it around win or loss. Here I'm thinking, (damage, revives, healing, capped bases, interrupts, etc, etc..)

> >

> > This I agree (in parts) you can't really be rewarded for losing, but your personal stats could make you lose less rating than you would. BUT the top stats are flawed and I could push far with my sword weaver die 10 times and still get top stats healing and offense while this could be the worst decision possible. Or I could just sit mid with a deadeye trying to farm kills and get top dps, while the right decision would be roam and win sides. Or I could get a warrior run around the map the whole game while 3 of their team try to kill me while my team caps the 3 pts and I don't get any top stats. Bottom line is, top stats doesnt reflect well your general impact in the game, unless you get 3+ then I think you really done well.

> >

> >

>

> Agreed. I climbed from silver 2 to plat. Every other reason was just bs. Took me 3 seasons to learn and do it. People these days want to be godlike immediately. :/.

>

> I also went on holiday the past week. Had decay to gold 2 lost some games n stayed there for the first hour. At mid gold 2. spent a day went back up to plat.

>

> Any one who says it's not possible needs to l2p.

Would you say the l2p that gets you through gold and into plat is more rotational/map awareness or pure mechanical fighting skill? Or both? Asking as a scrub that can't seem to ever get past gold 3, trying to focus in on what I need to improve on.

> @"Khalisto.5780" said:

>

>

> > @"Skugga.5298" said:

> > Hi,

> >

> > I love this game, been playing it since beta, I love the PvE part.

> > The thing is in every mmorpg I love to PvP.

> > With all these expansions PvP became so broken, I'm really starting to get tired of this game.

> >

> > Why on earth is rated PvP based on a win or loss. It's just a gamble button when you decide to click "join ranked".

>

> Winning or lose being luck is bs, as many ppl made videos climbing from bronze to plat with like 80%+ winrate, but then you'll have to admit you're not playing that well. Again, this lucky reality may become true in plat, where you find a lot of duos and win traders, but in silver, you can climb easily by spamming almost any specs, sometimes your team is super bad and it's impossible to win, even tho you should keep a 65ish% winrate if you're better than everyone else in the table.

>

> > Then there is the class balance,..

> > One game I'm able to destroy anyone and anything, the next game I just get crushed no matter what I do.

>

> Oh well, sometimes your whole team is doing well, sometimes it's not. To be honest, less than 10% of the games are close, the other 90%+ one team will win with a 200 pts + advantage.

>

> > I thought to myself maybe I can help my team better by going as a healer. Took my ele for a ride with a mender amulet and some toughness runes... what a joke.

> > Two hits and you are nearly dead, low armor, low vitality and then you are supposed to heal others. Doesn't work.

>

> Playing as a healer in low tiers isn't the smartest thing, team coordination is your worst asset as mostly everybody wants to play the "killing builds", what will make you run after those ppl trying to save them and get yourself killed instead.

>

> > The only way to make it as ele is full bunker but then you are just dancing on 1 base all day without doing anything except keep yourself alive...

>

> Oh well, it's the bunker meta, you won't be killing anyone as a sword weaver unless you land your combos perfectly, the best you can do, is rely on the other team dumbness and kite 2+ as long as you can while your team outnumbers the rest of their team in the other 2 pts.

> >

> >

> > What is going on with PvP in this game ?

> >

> > Then there is meta builds, the only way to stand a chance is to play the newest meta or you lose.

> >

> complaining about the meta isn't gonna change anything, there're over 20 viable builds, specially if you're in silver, the meta builds will be really forced into you when you reach plat and still you'll see some elementalists doing well in the leaderboards and none of those builds are meta.

>

> > PvP is also making me toxic and I don't like to be. Back in the day PvP was fun, but this whole league thing and badges made everything worse.

> > I went from Gold to Silver mainly because of others, a guy joins rated with the wrong weapons equipped, others just hug 1 base the whole game, etc, etc..

>

> Nah, you lost rating cuz ppl either gotten better or you've gotten worse

> >

> > Change the scoring system to your personal input and don't base it around win or loss. Here I'm thinking, (damage, revives, healing, capped bases, interrupts, etc, etc..)

>

> This I agree (in parts) you can't really be rewarded for losing, but your personal stats could make you lose less rating than you would. BUT the top stats are flawed and I could push far with my sword weaver die 10 times and still get top stats healing and offense while this could be the worst decision possible. Or I could just sit mid with a deadeye trying to farm kills and get top dps, while the right decision would be roam and win sides. Or I could get a warrior run around the map the whole game while 3 of their team try to kill me while my team caps the 3 pts and I don't get any top stats. Bottom line is, top stats doesnt reflect well your general impact in the game, unless you get 3+ then I think you really done well.

>

>

Pretty much what you say; but it´s always easier to blame teammates, matchmaking, balance or whatever than improving and learning how to carry games.

@"Skugga.5298"

1. In GW2 conquest, you have to play builds that work. It doesn't necessarily have to be a meta, but it needs to be a build that is actually GOOD at one of these job roles: Team Fighter / Team Support / +1 Decap / Side Noder or sometimes Bunker. <- This is super important because conquest games are a great deal like IRL sports games. You have all these guys selected on a team who excel at their jobs or positions and that's a well formed sports a team. A bad sports team is formed with a bunch of guys who don't excel at anything so they're trying to run around and do everything. And that right there in GW2 translation, are the players down in silver. If you want to reach bottom plat 1 level, you must be playing a build that is good at a job within a conquest team, and you need to well learn how to play that job. Click the conquest tutorial link in my signature for a more detailed explanation of job roles.

2. Ranked games are indeed janky right now. You have a few factors that contribute to poor match making quality: Low Population - The match maker is struggling to form balanced matches vs. que time waiting. Bots - From what I hear, silver division is plagued with farm bots, and I believe it. All Forms Of Match Manipulation - You'll run into this starting in platinum division, when you are put in range to go against higher rated players. You shouldn't base your skill level on your current rating, but rather the range of rating in which you play. In other words, you know you play as low as bottom silver 3 but you've achieved gold 3 before. <- This is a better indication of your "skill range" within our current system, because depending on how the dice are thrown when you hit that que button, you could be on a good streak that day or a bad streak. Skill certainly plays a strong factor in winning matches so don't get too discouraged.

> @"Elrond.9486" said:

> > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"Skugga.5298" said:

> > > > Hi,

> > > >

> > > > I love this game, been playing it since beta, I love the PvE part.

> > > > The thing is in every mmorpg I love to PvP.

> > > > With all these expansions PvP became so broken, I'm really starting to get tired of this game.

> > > >

> > > > Why on earth is rated PvP based on a win or loss. It's just a gamble button when you decide to click "join ranked".

> > >

> > > Winning or lose being luck is bs, as many ppl made videos climbing from bronze to plat with like 80%+ winrate, but then you'll have to admit you're not playing that well. Again, this lucky reality may become true in plat, where you find a lot of duos and win traders, but in silver, you can climb easily by spamming almost any specs, sometimes your team is super bad and it's impossible to win, even tho you should keep a 65ish% winrate if you're better than everyone else in the table.

> > >

> > > > Then there is the class balance,..

> > > > One game I'm able to destroy anyone and anything, the next game I just get crushed no matter what I do.

> > >

> > > Oh well, sometimes your whole team is doing well, sometimes it's not. To be honest, less than 10% of the games are close, the other 90%+ one team will win with a 200 pts + advantage.

> > >

> > > > I thought to myself maybe I can help my team better by going as a healer. Took my ele for a ride with a mender amulet and some toughness runes... what a joke.

> > > > Two hits and you are nearly dead, low armor, low vitality and then you are supposed to heal others. Doesn't work.

> > >

> > > Playing as a healer in low tiers isn't the smartest thing, team coordination is your worst asset as mostly everybody wants to play the "killing builds", what will make you run after those ppl trying to save them and get yourself killed instead.

> > >

> > > > The only way to make it as ele is full bunker but then you are just dancing on 1 base all day without doing anything except keep yourself alive...

> > >

> > > Oh well, it's the bunker meta, you won't be killing anyone as a sword weaver unless you land your combos perfectly, the best you can do, is rely on the other team dumbness and kite 2+ as long as you can while your team outnumbers the rest of their team in the other 2 pts.

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > What is going on with PvP in this game ?

> > > >

> > > > Then there is meta builds, the only way to stand a chance is to play the newest meta or you lose.

> > > >

> > > complaining about the meta isn't gonna change anything, there're over 20 viable builds, specially if you're in silver, the meta builds will be really forced into you when you reach plat and still you'll see some elementalists doing well in the leaderboards and none of those builds are meta.

> > >

> > > > PvP is also making me toxic and I don't like to be. Back in the day PvP was fun, but this whole league thing and badges made everything worse.

> > > > I went from Gold to Silver mainly because of others, a guy joins rated with the wrong weapons equipped, others just hug 1 base the whole game, etc, etc..

> > >

> > > Nah, you lost rating cuz ppl either gotten better or you've gotten worse

> > > >

> > > > Change the scoring system to your personal input and don't base it around win or loss. Here I'm thinking, (damage, revives, healing, capped bases, interrupts, etc, etc..)

> > >

> > > This I agree (in parts) you can't really be rewarded for losing, but your personal stats could make you lose less rating than you would. BUT the top stats are flawed and I could push far with my sword weaver die 10 times and still get top stats healing and offense while this could be the worst decision possible. Or I could just sit mid with a deadeye trying to farm kills and get top dps, while the right decision would be roam and win sides. Or I could get a warrior run around the map the whole game while 3 of their team try to kill me while my team caps the 3 pts and I don't get any top stats. Bottom line is, top stats doesnt reflect well your general impact in the game, unless you get 3+ then I think you really done well.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Agreed. I climbed from silver 2 to plat. Every other reason was just bs. Took me 3 seasons to learn and do it. People these days want to be godlike immediately. :/.

> >

> > I also went on holiday the past week. Had decay to gold 2 lost some games n stayed there for the first hour. At mid gold 2. spent a day went back up to plat.

> >

> > Any one who says it's not possible needs to l2p.

>

> Would you say the l2p that gets you through gold and into plat is more rotational/map awareness or pure mechanical fighting skill? Or both? Asking as a scrub that can't seem to ever get past gold 3, trying to focus in on what I need to improve on.

This is my own opinion but I think u need to be ok mechanically. By ok I don't mean you are going to win every match up. By that I mean at least u can win 50% of fights

If you want to put it percentage wise I would say 65 rotation and awareness 35 mechanical.

Why? Only 50% of fights and more map awareness?

One good example was 1 game i had climbing back to plat. I play warrior. The other team had a warrior. I dueled him off the bat. He demolished me, he's top 50. And he kept coming to my home. What do I do?

I just avoided him n went far to duel their Chrono. Turns out I can crush the Chrono that defends their home. So I basically camped far. Helped mid n made sure far was always caped. N learnt to run when their team wipes n are about to respawn. Keeping mid and far. He can hold my home all he wants but if he's not helping mid it's going to be 5v4 mid.

Another thing I would say is learn 1 or 2 more classes so u can switch. I played prot holo and scrapper as my other class and some times thief. If my team has another scrap I go warrior. If my team has no scrap n their team had full of Condi classes like mirage and necro I go scrapper. If the other team has sic em ranger I go warrior and so on.

It's a good idea to learn 1 duelist, 1 roamer, 1team fight.

This is just how I feel gets me to plat. Obv there r better players but this is my take.

Oh and noz's PvP guide. Google it. Helped me understand alot of things.

> @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > @"Elrond.9486" said:

> > > @"TorQ.7041" said:

> > > > @"Khalisto.5780" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"Skugga.5298" said:

> > > > > Hi,

> > > > >

> > > > > I love this game, been playing it since beta, I love the PvE part.

> > > > > The thing is in every mmorpg I love to PvP.

> > > > > With all these expansions PvP became so broken, I'm really starting to get tired of this game.

> > > > >

> > > > > Why on earth is rated PvP based on a win or loss. It's just a gamble button when you decide to click "join ranked".

> > > >

> > > > Winning or lose being luck is bs, as many ppl made videos climbing from bronze to plat with like 80%+ winrate, but then you'll have to admit you're not playing that well. Again, this lucky reality may become true in plat, where you find a lot of duos and win traders, but in silver, you can climb easily by spamming almost any specs, sometimes your team is super bad and it's impossible to win, even tho you should keep a 65ish% winrate if you're better than everyone else in the table.

> > > >

> > > > > Then there is the class balance,..

> > > > > One game I'm able to destroy anyone and anything, the next game I just get crushed no matter what I do.

> > > >

> > > > Oh well, sometimes your whole team is doing well, sometimes it's not. To be honest, less than 10% of the games are close, the other 90%+ one team will win with a 200 pts + advantage.

> > > >

> > > > > I thought to myself maybe I can help my team better by going as a healer. Took my ele for a ride with a mender amulet and some toughness runes... what a joke.

> > > > > Two hits and you are nearly dead, low armor, low vitality and then you are supposed to heal others. Doesn't work.

> > > >

> > > > Playing as a healer in low tiers isn't the smartest thing, team coordination is your worst asset as mostly everybody wants to play the "killing builds", what will make you run after those ppl trying to save them and get yourself killed instead.

> > > >

> > > > > The only way to make it as ele is full bunker but then you are just dancing on 1 base all day without doing anything except keep yourself alive...

> > > >

> > > > Oh well, it's the bunker meta, you won't be killing anyone as a sword weaver unless you land your combos perfectly, the best you can do, is rely on the other team dumbness and kite 2+ as long as you can while your team outnumbers the rest of their team in the other 2 pts.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > What is going on with PvP in this game ?

> > > > >

> > > > > Then there is meta builds, the only way to stand a chance is to play the newest meta or you lose.

> > > > >

> > > > complaining about the meta isn't gonna change anything, there're over 20 viable builds, specially if you're in silver, the meta builds will be really forced into you when you reach plat and still you'll see some elementalists doing well in the leaderboards and none of those builds are meta.

> > > >

> > > > > PvP is also making me toxic and I don't like to be. Back in the day PvP was fun, but this whole league thing and badges made everything worse.

> > > > > I went from Gold to Silver mainly because of others, a guy joins rated with the wrong weapons equipped, others just hug 1 base the whole game, etc, etc..

> > > >

> > > > Nah, you lost rating cuz ppl either gotten better or you've gotten worse

> > > > >

> > > > > Change the scoring system to your personal input and don't base it around win or loss. Here I'm thinking, (damage, revives, healing, capped bases, interrupts, etc, etc..)

> > > >

> > > > This I agree (in parts) you can't really be rewarded for losing, but your personal stats could make you lose less rating than you would. BUT the top stats are flawed and I could push far with my sword weaver die 10 times and still get top stats healing and offense while this could be the worst decision possible. Or I could just sit mid with a deadeye trying to farm kills and get top dps, while the right decision would be roam and win sides. Or I could get a warrior run around the map the whole game while 3 of their team try to kill me while my team caps the 3 pts and I don't get any top stats. Bottom line is, top stats doesnt reflect well your general impact in the game, unless you get 3+ then I think you really done well.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Agreed. I climbed from silver 2 to plat. Every other reason was just bs. Took me 3 seasons to learn and do it. People these days want to be godlike immediately. :/.

> > >

> > > I also went on holiday the past week. Had decay to gold 2 lost some games n stayed there for the first hour. At mid gold 2. spent a day went back up to plat.

> > >

> > > Any one who says it's not possible needs to l2p.

> >

> > Would you say the l2p that gets you through gold and into plat is more rotational/map awareness or pure mechanical fighting skill? Or both? Asking as a scrub that can't seem to ever get past gold 3, trying to focus in on what I need to improve on.

>

> This is my own opinion but I think u need to be ok mechanically. By ok I don't mean you are going to win every match up. By that I mean at least u can win 50% of fights

>

> If you want to put it percentage wise I would say 65 rotation and awareness 35 mechanical.

>

> Why? Only 50% of fights and more map awareness?

>

> One good example was 1 game i had climbing back to plat. I play warrior. The other team had a warrior. I dueled him off the bat. He demolished me, he's top 50. And he kept coming to my home. What do I do?

>

> I just avoided him n went far to duel their Chrono. Turns out I can crush the Chrono that defends their home. So I basically camped far. Helped mid n made sure far was always caped. N learnt to run when their team wipes n are about to respawn. Keeping mid and far. He can hold my home all he wants but if he's not helping mid it's going to be 5v4 mid.

>

> Another thing I would say is learn 1 or 2 more classes so u can switch. I played prot holo and scrapper as my other class and some times thief. If my team has another scrap I go warrior. If my team has no scrap n their team had full of Condi classes like mirage and necro I go scrapper. If the other team has sic em ranger I go warrior and so on.

>

> It's a good idea to learn 1 duelist, 1 roamer, 1team fight.

>

> This is just how I feel gets me to plat. Obv there r better players but this is my take.

>

> Oh and noz's PvP guide. Google it. Helped me understand alot of things.

>

im still gold, but genral mechanics helped me climb from silver 2 to gold 3 more than class mechanics. I also play multi class, same as you warrior, scrapper and sometimes thief when the other team has poor mobility. Sometimes I also play my mesmer reflect build when I see some combination of bow ranger and deadeye in the other team. But when I learned my warrior shouldnt spend most of time in team fights and get more into 1v1s I immediately climbed from silver 3 to gold 2.

The problem is less the game and more the SYSTEM. They should never, ever have focused on "rank" and "leaderboards" with a solo-q rando clown fiesta (with a game mode specifically designed for teams and voice-com). They should have designed for... FUN.