Which weapon would you like to see for third elite ?

Kulvar.1239

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > >If sword is aoe at all cuz kitten know with it identify crisis

> > >

> > > Sword has never been meant to be high AoE damage. All the skills, including the two AoE ones (Isolation/Wave) do higher damage against a single target. So Sword already fills in the "single target dps" type weapon.

> > >

> >

> > Not really. Like you said skills are aoe oriented. Split damage is simply a kitten mechanic placed for no reason to make it awful in aoe settings. And a reminder that no other weapon in the entire game suffer from the same issue. This is why i will never use sword again unless its changed. Worth to mention that at the same time sword aa scales better with multiple opponents - rift dmg. Imo from design standpoint sword makes no sense bc its neither single nor aoe weapon rn.

> >

> > What i mean by pure single target weapon is a limit to 1 target at the time with aa to 3 maybe

>

> Sword is meant to isolate a target and Assassinate it. That’s the playstyle. They’ve merely added A small amount of extra AoE to the kit to make it more viable in crowds (still bad for cleave generally), but the theme of the weapon has always been “isolate and assassinate single target.”

>

> Autoattacks are outliers. All melee weapons in the game strike at least two targets and “do more damage in a crowd” so I wouldn’t use that as a benchmark for being a primarily “AoE” weapons.

>

> Eh 1 target at a time isn’t great in GW2 and inherently limiting. Asking for a 1 target spec is like asking for it to not be efficient. Also rev lacks a proper AoE power damage spec (hammer doesn’t count), so GS should fill that niche (if we were to not get GS, I’d rather scepter + focus for that role).

How are you planning to isolate the target when swords have 0 ways to make it happen? The small amount you speak off actually ruins the sword as weapon. Any pet/minion or whatever automatically ruins your damage output to 0. Even in open pve its just 111111111111 spam. Theres literally no reason to have reduced damage by some "split damage" so either they should make single target focused or aoe weapon. No matter how anyone will try to spin it, its horrible mechanic that has no place in the game and turns sword into trash weapon by default. So i rather get a proper real single target focused wep.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > >If sword is aoe at all cuz kitten know with it identify crisis

> > > >

> > > > Sword has never been meant to be high AoE damage. All the skills, including the two AoE ones (Isolation/Wave) do higher damage against a single target. So Sword already fills in the "single target dps" type weapon.

> > > >

> > >

> > > Not really. Like you said skills are aoe oriented. Split damage is simply a kitten mechanic placed for no reason to make it awful in aoe settings. And a reminder that no other weapon in the entire game suffer from the same issue. This is why i will never use sword again unless its changed. Worth to mention that at the same time sword aa scales better with multiple opponents - rift dmg. Imo from design standpoint sword makes no sense bc its neither single nor aoe weapon rn.

> > >

> > > What i mean by pure single target weapon is a limit to 1 target at the time with aa to 3 maybe

> >

> > Sword is meant to isolate a target and Assassinate it. That’s the playstyle. They’ve merely added A small amount of extra AoE to the kit to make it more viable in crowds (still bad for cleave generally), but the theme of the weapon has always been “isolate and assassinate single target.”

> >

> > Autoattacks are outliers. All melee weapons in the game strike at least two targets and “do more damage in a crowd” so I wouldn’t use that as a benchmark for being a primarily “AoE” weapons.

> >

> > Eh 1 target at a time isn’t great in GW2 and inherently limiting. Asking for a 1 target spec is like asking for it to not be efficient. Also rev lacks a proper AoE power damage spec (hammer doesn’t count), so GS should fill that niche (if we were to not get GS, I’d rather scepter + focus for that role).

>

> How are you planning to isolate the target when swords have 0 ways to make it happen? The small amount you speak off actually ruins the sword as weapon. Any pet/minion or whatever automatically ruins your damage output to 0. Even in open pve its just 111111111111 spam. Theres literally no reason to have reduced damage by some "split damage" so either they should make single target focused or aoe weapon. No matter how anyone will try to spin it, its horrible mechanic that has no place in the game and turns sword into trash weapon by default. So i rather get a proper real single target focused wep.

It’s about waiting for the opportunity to make that happen. Though Sword 5 used to be the intended way of making it happen. Sword isn’t ruined as a weapon; that’s just your opinion. It performs well in all modes for what it’s intended to do. If you’re just using it for 1111111 spam in open world you’re using it wrong.

> @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > @"LucianTheAngelic.7054" said:

> > > > > > @"Scoobaniec.9561" said:

> > > > > > > @"Fueki.4753" said:

> > > > > >If sword is aoe at all cuz kitten know with it identify crisis

> > > > >

> > > > > Sword has never been meant to be high AoE damage. All the skills, including the two AoE ones (Isolation/Wave) do higher damage against a single target. So Sword already fills in the "single target dps" type weapon.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Not really. Like you said skills are aoe oriented. Split damage is simply a kitten mechanic placed for no reason to make it awful in aoe settings. And a reminder that no other weapon in the entire game suffer from the same issue. This is why i will never use sword again unless its changed. Worth to mention that at the same time sword aa scales better with multiple opponents - rift dmg. Imo from design standpoint sword makes no sense bc its neither single nor aoe weapon rn.

> > > >

> > > > What i mean by pure single target weapon is a limit to 1 target at the time with aa to 3 maybe

> > >

> > > Sword is meant to isolate a target and Assassinate it. That’s the playstyle. They’ve merely added A small amount of extra AoE to the kit to make it more viable in crowds (still bad for cleave generally), but the theme of the weapon has always been “isolate and assassinate single target.”

> > >

> > > Autoattacks are outliers. All melee weapons in the game strike at least two targets and “do more damage in a crowd” so I wouldn’t use that as a benchmark for being a primarily “AoE” weapons.

> > >

> > > Eh 1 target at a time isn’t great in GW2 and inherently limiting. Asking for a 1 target spec is like asking for it to not be efficient. Also rev lacks a proper AoE power damage spec (hammer doesn’t count), so GS should fill that niche (if we were to not get GS, I’d rather scepter + focus for that role).

> >

> > How are you planning to isolate the target when swords have 0 ways to make it happen? The small amount you speak off actually ruins the sword as weapon. Any pet/minion or whatever automatically ruins your damage output to 0. Even in open pve its just 111111111111 spam. Theres literally no reason to have reduced damage by some "split damage" so either they should make single target focused or aoe weapon. No matter how anyone will try to spin it, its horrible mechanic that has no place in the game and turns sword into trash weapon by default. So i rather get a proper real single target focused wep.

>

> It’s about waiting for the opportunity to make that happen. Though Sword 5 used to be the intended way of making it happen. Sword isn’t ruined as a weapon; that’s just your opinion. It performs well in all modes for what it’s intended to do. If you’re just using it for 1111111 spam in open world you’re using it wrong.

Ok. Teach me master how to use 2, 3 and 4 without losing dps trying to solo a champ with trash mobs next to you. Better yet record me a guide vid. Bc i dont recall any other abilities losing single target damage with more targets around u. Lets ignore the fact how power rev has pooop dps for raids btw. Im glad i moved to mace/axe over 2yrs ago and other classes if i want to play power build for both pve and wvw so thats not my issue and my single damage target on skills is not getting reduced by up to 66% bc some mesmer dodged and clone popped up

> @"Kulvar.1239"

> Balthazar floating and burning greatsword ?

That would be cool! But I feel like Balthazar won't happen. If he does become a legend, I'd be surprised. I was picturing a spirit (maybe invisible) taking the greatsword and whacking enemies with it, inflicting conditions.

Also I noticed something strange with the elite spec legends. When hot came out, we got glint... and glint became super important after hot, with aurene and vlast, etc. And when pof cane out, we got a charr with members of her warband... and after pof, charr became important... do you see what I'm getting at here? I don't know if I explained it well...