Trinkets

Can these trinkets (the ones that are required for the elite spec collections in order to achieve the upgraded weapon) be account bound on acquire instead of soulbound on acquire? I understand they are not allowed to be tradeable, but I had no intention to accidentally obtain them with my main character...they were supposed to be for different toons on my account. It doesn't exist anywhere else...it's a one time only find, so there is no way to get another one with the character I actually want it for.

It is very saddening because I wish the system for trinkets could be transmuted, dyed, & stat-altered. Just as I wish any icon could be dyed so my blue characters icons are all blue and my red are red, and green are green. I know most people do not give a darn about what the trinkets or icons look like, but I have personal unique meticulous background stories for my characters (whom exist in the same world & are a team) so it matters to me what meaningful possessions & treasured tokens they carry with them for luck & other reasons. And as an artist, I can be quite a perfectionist and kinda anal about designs...

These four are account bound:

Lost Ring of the Order (Firebrand) (Ring)

Djinn Ceremonial Ring (Weaver) (Ring)

Glowstone Amulet (Weaver) (Amulet)

Awakened Soul (Scourge) (Accessory)

It's strange and it would be nice if they were all account bound (or at the very least, one more accessory to make it a full set of trinkets).

> @Ohoni.6057 said:

> It is annoying, since I have about 3-4 each on my Thief and my Mesmer, but on the other hand, they are mostly junk anyway, so they just take up inventory space. I mean, the Mesmer one literally has no stats!

Oh for sure, it'd be so nice to be able to choose the stats as well...but I guess that's asking for too much lol.

> @Pifil.5193 said:

> It's odd because I just got Awakened Soul for the Scourge Collection and it's Account Bound. None of the others seem to be Account Bound. I hope this is a bug, I'll hold onto them for a while in case it is.

> @Glacial.9516 said:

> These four are account bound:

> Lost Ring of the Order (Firebrand) (Ring)

> Djinn Ceremonial Ring (Weaver) (Ring)

> Glowstone Amulet (Weaver) (Amulet)

> Awakened Soul (Scourge) (Accessory)

>

> It's strange and it would be nice if they were all account bound (or at the very least, one more accessory to make it a full set of trinkets).

Ohhh wow, that _is_ really bizarre... :open_mouth: Though once I found out about the character-binding, I made sure to be really careful who I got it with and what chests I opened and such so that I wouldn't obtain it by accident ('cause I can't memorize where all of the items come from lol) and I recall my Lost Ring of the Order said "soulbound on acquire" at the merchant, :confused: so I switched to my character I wanted to have it with. I'll have to check it again. Maybe they are changing them a few at a time. <3

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > It is annoying, since I have about 3-4 each on my Thief and my Mesmer, but on the other hand, they are mostly junk anyway, so they just take up inventory space. I mean, the Mesmer one literally has no stats!

>

> That means you get to choose the stats for it.

That would work if it had the option to choose stats, but it doesn't. Or, at least it didn't when I got the mes one. It was just a trinket with no use past salvaging unfortunately.

> @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > It is annoying, since I have about 3-4 each on my Thief and my Mesmer, but on the other hand, they are mostly junk anyway, so they just take up inventory space. I mean, the Mesmer one literally has no stats!

>

> That means you get to choose the stats for it.

You don't, it's a bugged item and there are no stats to choose from.

> @Static.9841 said:

> > @RoseofGilead.8907 said:

> > > @Ohoni.6057 said:

> > > It is annoying, since I have about 3-4 each on my Thief and my Mesmer, but on the other hand, they are mostly junk anyway, so they just take up inventory space. I mean, the Mesmer one literally has no stats!

> >

> > That means you get to choose the stats for it.

>

> You don't, it's a bugged item and there are no stats to choose from.

Ahh, I see. I hadn't done anything on my mesmer yet, so I'd not seen anything about that.

I'd like to vote that any future items like this be of Ascended quality. With the extreme ease of obtaining Ascended level trinkets thanks to LWS3 maps, exotic tier rings, amulets, accessories, and back pieces are automatically fodder for the Mystic Forge or salvage kit.

As Ascended items, they'd also be Account Bound by default.

I can't think of any reason that some specialization drops are soulbound on acquire.

Essentially, I think ANet needs to make clear to its teams (especially those that work on rewards & items) that the default rewards are unbound/tradeable. Account bound is the default for things specific to account progress (e.g. specialization collections, but not e.g. Treasure Hunter), and that soulbound should be limited to quest-specific or heart-specific items. Exceptions should require signoff from a leader of some other team, who can look at the big picture.

tl;dr soulbinding should be used much more sparingly