Tome of Mentorship - Double-click to gain one level. Only usable by characters under level 80.

> @"Texas.4861" said:

> I have no toons under lvl 80. Mystic Forge Attendant in WvW says turn them in for spirit shards but it doesn't work. Only usable in WvW or PvP

> These are not Tome of Knowledge..

Not usable in PvP; only PvE and WvW. Although they share the same icon, Tomes of Mentorship are not the same as Tomes of Knowledge.

I was not aware Mystic Forge Attendants (generic) had dialogue; could you post it here? Thanks.

I'm not seeing anything in game about trading in Tomes of Mentorship to the mystic forge attendant. I just checked. I do have a few Tomes of Mentorship in my bank.

You can only trade in Tomes of Knowledge to the mystic forge attendant for spirit shards. You can also use Tomes of Knowledge on level 80 characters to gain 1 spirit shard each. Trading them in to the mystic forge attendant makes it much easier than double clicking them, because you can trade in how ever many you want at once.

Tomes of Mentorship can't be used at all by level 80 characters. You mainly get them from the personal story step Victory or Death. Their intended purpose is only to give a head start to characters under level 80. There isn't any way to trade them in for anything or anything else you can do with them. If you don't need them, either save them in your bank in case you want to create a new character later on, or just discard them.