With the focus on Soulbeast, did we forget about Holo?

> @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

>

> "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

>

> Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

>

> The reason why holo is such a big deal now is because rangers were taking unstoppable union and eating through holo's 1 block causing him to force S early on in fights and if a holo can't land corona he has no stab which is pretty much an auto S pop anyway if you get 1 cc on him.

>

> This is why clueless people who don't know how to fight holo cry about him. Avoid corona , no stab = cc, They have 1 block. Bait it. You can no force s elixir in fight. It changes the fight drastically.

They have stability from elixir u. But I guess that doesn't count.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

>

> "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

>

> Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

Toolbelt skills have always been a part of engineer DPS rotations in PvE. The nerf to overheating means we no longer have access to a significant part of our DPS after overheating in PBM. The meta builds for PvE saw us lose about 4-5k DPS, and we're now lower than power reapers.

> @"AngelLovesFredrik.6741" said:

> > @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> > People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

> >

> > "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

> >

> > Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

> >

> > The reason why holo is such a big deal now is because rangers were taking unstoppable union and eating through holo's 1 block causing him to force S early on in fights and if a holo can't land corona he has no stab which is pretty much an auto S pop anyway if you get 1 cc on him.

> >

> > This is why clueless people who don't know how to fight holo cry about him. Avoid corona , no stab = cc, They have 1 block. Bait it. You can no force s elixir in fight. It changes the fight drastically.

>

> They have stability from elixir u. But I guess that doesn't count.

Thanks, my apologies, it does count but corona is attempted as consistent stab uptime through damage rotations vs the higher CD elixir. If you take away stab from corona by avoiding it then really negates their setups with counter CC.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> > People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

> >

> > "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

> >

> > Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

>

> Toolbelt skills have always been a part of engineer DPS rotations in PvE. The nerf to overheating means we no longer have access to a significant part of our DPS after overheating in PBM. The meta builds for PvE saw us lose about 4-5k DPS, and we're now lower than power reapers.

They didnt lose 4-5k dps.

Holo had around~33k dps. You still can get ~31k dps with it.

> @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> > > People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

> > >

> > > "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

> > >

> > > Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

> >

> > Toolbelt skills have always been a part of engineer DPS rotations in PvE. The nerf to overheating means we no longer have access to a significant part of our DPS after overheating in PBM. The meta builds for PvE saw us lose about 4-5k DPS, and we're now lower than power reapers.

> They didnt lose 4-5k dps.

> Holo had around~33k dps. You still can get ~31k dps with it.

That's an entirely different build. Uses ECSU, sword and pistol, and has to micromanage heat for optimal output. That's not a viable option in a real raid.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> > > > People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

> > > >

> > > > "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

> > > >

> > > > Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

> > >

> > > Toolbelt skills have always been a part of engineer DPS rotations in PvE. The nerf to overheating means we no longer have access to a significant part of our DPS after overheating in PBM. The meta builds for PvE saw us lose about 4-5k DPS, and we're now lower than power reapers.

> > They didnt lose 4-5k dps.

> > Holo had around~33k dps. You still can get ~31k dps with it.

>

> That's an entirely different build. Uses ECSU, sword and pistol, and has to micromanage heat for optimal output. That's not a viable option in a real raid.

Had seen guy on YT recorded 30k dps and he left in description can get slightly more than 30k (ok,not 31k xD) but didnt want to try, still used PBM. Still not 4-5k dps loss, tried to do fractals just to see how bad it is, still do way more damage than ppl in 250kps runs , dont do raids for a long time.

Wait, why SC would post an unviable (=/= good pick) build in raid section ? You know more than they are? :D

> @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > @"praqtos.9035" said:

> > > > @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > > > > @"ZhouX.8742" said:

> > > > > People will never stop complaining about ranger. People even complain about druid still and nobody plays the elite spec.

> > > > >

> > > > > "Most of the nerfs affected PvE holo more than they affected PvP holo. PvE builds relied upon Photonic Blasting Module as part of their rotation, which means intentionally overheating."

> > > > >

> > > > > Are utilities a part of holo rotation in PvE for damage? I didn't think they were but could be wrong.

> > > >

> > > > Toolbelt skills have always been a part of engineer DPS rotations in PvE. The nerf to overheating means we no longer have access to a significant part of our DPS after overheating in PBM. The meta builds for PvE saw us lose about 4-5k DPS, and we're now lower than power reapers.

> > > They didnt lose 4-5k dps.

> > > Holo had around~33k dps. You still can get ~31k dps with it.

> >

> > That's an entirely different build. Uses ECSU, sword and pistol, and has to micromanage heat for optimal output. That's not a viable option in a real raid.

> Had seen guy on YT recorded 30k dps and he left in description can get slightly more than 30k (ok,not 31k xD) but didnt want to try, still used PBM. Still not 4-5k dps loss, tried to do fractals just to see how bad it is, still do way more damage than ppl in 250kps runs , dont do raids for a long time.

> Wait, why SC would post an unviable (=/= good pick) build in raid section ? You know more than they are? :D

First, it's hard to understand what you're saying.

Second, they marked the build as [mediocre or bad for most bosses except the easiest ones](https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/engineer/holosmith/power/ "mediocre or bad for most bosses except the easiest ones").

• 1 month later...

I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

HMMMMMMMMM............

Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

Ok.

I'm going to go play holo.

You want us to play holo.

I'm going to play holo.

> @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

>

> HMMMMMMMMM............

>

> Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

>

> Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

>

> Ok.

>

> I'm going to go play holo.

>

> You want us to play holo.

>

> I'm going to play holo.

lol, play holo then, while you get focused by all the burn guard, poison thief and condi mesmer in the world while getting feared by your biggest enemy, a scourge who knows that hes doing.

really, no one is stopping you to finally play it

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

> >

> > HMMMMMMMMM............

> >

> > Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

> >

> > Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

> >

> > Ok.

> >

> > I'm going to go play holo.

> >

> > You want us to play holo.

> >

> > I'm going to play holo.

>

> lol, play holo then, while you get focused by all the burn guard, poison thief and condi mesmer in the world while getting feared by your biggest enemy, a scourge who knows that hes doing.

> really, no one is stopping you to finally play it

why does it have to be a scourge that knows what he's doing when it's a holo that doesnt?

> > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

> > >

> > > HMMMMMMMMM............

> > >

> > > Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

> > >

> > > Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

> > >

> > > Ok.

> > >

> > > I'm going to go play holo.

> > >

> > > You want us to play holo.

> > >

> > > I'm going to play holo.

> >

> > lol, play holo then, while you get focused by all the burn guard, poison thief and condi mesmer in the world while getting feared by your biggest enemy, a scourge who knows that hes doing.

> > really, no one is stopping you to finally play it

>

> why does it have to be a scourge that knows what he's doing when it's a holo that doesnt?

why does it have to be holo that knows what he's doing when you literally have no idea what you talking about.

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

> > > >

> > > > HMMMMMMMMM............

> > > >

> > > > Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

> > > >

> > > > Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

> > > >

> > > > Ok.

> > > >

> > > > I'm going to go play holo.

> > > >

> > > > You want us to play holo.

> > > >

> > > > I'm going to play holo.

> > >

> > > lol, play holo then, while you get focused by all the burn guard, poison thief and condi mesmer in the world while getting feared by your biggest enemy, a scourge who knows that hes doing.

> > > really, no one is stopping you to finally play it

> >

> > why does it have to be a scourge that knows what he's doing when it's a holo that doesnt?

>

> why does it have to be holo that knows what he's doing when you literally have no idea what you talking about.

I don't attack you, and yet you attack me. Why?

Nothing I have said is untrue....

> > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > > I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

> > > > >

> > > > > HMMMMMMMMM............

> > > > >

> > > > > Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

> > > > >

> > > > > Ok.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm going to go play holo.

> > > > >

> > > > > You want us to play holo.

> > > > >

> > > > > I'm going to play holo.

> > > >

> > > > lol, play holo then, while you get focused by all the burn guard, poison thief and condi mesmer in the world while getting feared by your biggest enemy, a scourge who knows that hes doing.

> > > > really, no one is stopping you to finally play it

> > >

> > > why does it have to be a scourge that knows what he's doing when it's a holo that doesnt?

> >

> > why does it have to be holo that knows what he's doing when you literally have no idea what you talking about.

>

> I don't attack you, and yet you attack me. Why?

>

>

> Nothing I have said is untrue....

i only talk true, not attack you

why you attack me say i don't talk truth but attack you, i only talk truth

> @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > > @"Lighter.5631" said:

> > > > > > @"Crab Fear.1624" said:

> > > > > > I also remember you nerfing revenant shiro impossible odds and taking away the quickness, which is an expensive skill, but you let HOLO keep perma quickness and 25 might.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > HMMMMMMMMM............

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Why does corona burst have to "always critical"...i can only think of one other skill that does that and it REQUIRES a utility slot, and if their are others, they are utility slots, means a big investment (wild blow)?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, there was a certain mesmer build that kept this one under control, and you hotfixed it.....

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ok.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm going to go play holo.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > You want us to play holo.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I'm going to play holo.

> > > > >

> > > > > lol, play holo then, while you get focused by all the burn guard, poison thief and condi mesmer in the world while getting feared by your biggest enemy, a scourge who knows that hes doing.

> > > > > really, no one is stopping you to finally play it

> > > >

> > > > why does it have to be a scourge that knows what he's doing when it's a holo that doesnt?

> > >

> > > why does it have to be holo that knows what he's doing when you literally have no idea what you talking about.

> >

> > I don't attack you, and yet you attack me. Why?

> >

> >

> > Nothing I have said is untrue....

>

> i only talk true, not attack you

>

> why you attack me say i don't talk truth but attack you, i only talk truth

I don't even need to respond now. Saved into quote so everyone can see what I mean.

> @"Vagrant.7206" said:

> > https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Lock_On

> >

> > Why did you change this 2 have 2 separate recharges?

> >

> > I see you did it on a pre-POF patch, so no white knights can come say it has always been this way.

> >

> > One more thing to add to the OP list.

> >

> >

> >

>

> Why do you keep resurrecting this thread?

because it's not dead, and I had more to add.