Humming bird mount and Skyscale skin

I was just thinking that they got something backwards with the humming bird skin and skyscale mount. The new mount should have been a humming bird to go with the Melandru jungle area and the skyscale should have been a skin for the griffon that also gave the flame blast attack.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> I was just thinking that they got something backwards with the humming bird skin and skyscale mount. The new mount should have been a humming bird to go with the Melandru jungle area and the skyscale should have been a skin for the griffon that also gave the flame blast attack.

Nice idea, except for the flame blast attack. Mount skins are just that, skins. They do not give new abilities, certainly not since skins are optional. It would put those who don't like/want it or can't afford it at a disadvantage.

> @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > I was just thinking that they got something backwards with the humming bird skin and skyscale mount. The new mount should have been a humming bird to go with the Melandru jungle area and the skyscale should have been a skin for the griffon that also gave the flame blast attack.

>

> Nice idea, except for the flame blast attack. Mount skins are just that, skins. They do not give new abilities, certainly not since skins are optional. It would put those who don't like/want it or can't afford it at a disadvantage.

Funny considering the griffon is 250 gold. Very casual players who don't have much time to play have to buy gems so they can convert to gold.

> @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > @"TheNecrosanct.4028" said:

> > > @"Tekoneiric.6817" said:

> > > I was just thinking that they got something backwards with the humming bird skin and skyscale mount. The new mount should have been a humming bird to go with the Melandru jungle area and the skyscale should have been a skin for the griffon that also gave the flame blast attack.

> >

> > Nice idea, except for the flame blast attack. Mount skins are just that, skins. They do not give new abilities, certainly not since skins are optional. It would put those who don't like/want it or can't afford it at a disadvantage.

>

> Funny considering the griffon is 250 gold. Very casual players who don't have much time to play have to buy gems so they can convert to gold.

I don't see how the cost of the griffin makes what they are saying any less right. The griffin itself is not a skin. Giving an ability to a skin for one of the already existing mounts, means you would want/need that skin instead of say the istani bald... but maybe you really love the look of one of the other skins and not so much the hypothetical skyscale skin... but you need the skyscale skin to get the attack. That would be a problem.

Also you can get 250 gold as a casual player not playing much. It just takes longer, but last I checked there is no rush to do/get things, so if it takes weeks, even months, thats actually okay.