Out of Keybinds - Need a better Mount UI

I have them all on single keys, the lowest row on the keyboard from left to right: \ z x c v b n Superfast mounting and/or changing mounts.

With the new mount I am one short since I want to leave m to Map. So I just put Warclaw somewhere else, not using that one much. I really dislike having to do use double keys for stuff so.

> @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > @"Stalkingwolf.6035" said:

> > > > @"Safandula.8723" said:

> > > > Every suggestion to use ctrl+shifts etc are just stupid.

> > > Not really. CTRL+N is a bad shortcut for example. but CRTL+Mouse 3 not. Or ALT+Mouse 3 or ....

> > >

> >

> > What I mean shortcuts are not a solution. We have 9 mounts rn? We just need better ui.

> > Ur solutions are: "I'm doing fine with, what I have which means it's all good, and it doesn't need qol". False, it needs.

>

> Please read my first post.

> my 2nd post is a solution for the current situation

U mean using 6 diffrent keys, on keyboard and mouse, instead of 9 on keyboard? Yea rly good solution :pepega: now buy everyone mouse with shiton of buttons as most of ppl already use theirs for diffrent actions. I use my 2 for about face, and for F5, so plz buy me razor with at least 5 buttons.

Now read this once again:

"I'm doing fine with, what I have which means it's all good, and it doesn't need qol"

Edit: I got my own binding that fits me well as most of players but it's just a substitute solution for this problem. :)

I personally use the num pad numbers for all the specific mount hotkeys, then have another hotkey that is easy to hit quickly for just plain ol' mount/dismount. This way i can choose a specific mount for a specific thing whenever i want using the numpad, but then also set, say, the raptor as my default mount on the actual mount button next to my utility skills and mount it quickly to get around fast with my easy to hit hotkey. Then if i go to a place like Bloodstone Fen where the griffin would be more useful then the raptor, i just right click the mount select thing and switch the mount button to griffin for default.

And I'm perfectly fine with that system. You don't really need a quick to mount hotkey for every mount.

What I would like to see are nested hotkeys similar to RTS games. (e.g. Press 'B' to enter Build menu, then press 'B' again for Barracks.) The way this would work for mounts is, for example, to press 'Z' to enter mount selection mode, then press 'R' for Raptor. The point is that, by nesting, the mount bindings would be independent of the normal layout so it would not require simultaneously pressing modifier keys, which is slow and cumbersome. This effectively unlocks a complete second keyboard to create bindings with, and the overhead cost for it is just a single keybinding, which can also double as a dismount key.

Radial menus are not a complete solution since having to use the mouse to make a selection is still slow; it's only useful for reducing or hiding complex keybindings. But they still have the same problem of getting overloaded, since each new mount forces the radial area for each mount to become smaller and smaller, and the menu itself has to be made bigger (thus requiring more mouse travel) to compensate for usability. While we don't know how many mounts Anet plans to include in the game, if we look to doubling the current number, then you can visualize that each slice of the radial menu would eventually be half the size they are now, or the menu itself would become correspondingly larger to keep the buttons big enough to easily click on.