Do I need to complete living world stories?

I am not really into the story quests in game and would prefer to avoid them. Do they provide anything of importance or can I continue on without it? The constant back-to-back knockbacks/knockdowns have been a bit of a turnoff especially playing as professions that I am not familiar. It might be something that I do later on but not atm.

The living world chapters often include new stuff that can only be acquired by playing the story. Usually you have to play the first story step to get on the new map. In the latest chapter you can only get the skyscale mount if you completed the story first.

That being said, completing the story on a single character is sufficient. Just do it on the character you're most proficient with. It allows you complete any achievements and collections on that character and to purchase teleport scrolls, so your other characters can enter the map without playing the story.

I couldn't care (much) less for story in games myself, and as was said you'll have to decide for yourself if you really need to do any of them. But I'll still say: do all of them at least once, for the rewards and to get access (and an intro) to new maps.

> @"IncognitoDev.5143" said:

> I am not really into the story quests in game and would prefer to avoid them. Do they provide anything of importance or can I continue on without it? The constant back-to-back knockbacks/knockdowns have been a bit of a turnoff especially playing as professions that I am not familiar. It might be something that I do later on but not atm.

> @"Goettel.4389" said:

> I couldn't care (much) less for story in games myself, and as was said you'll have to decide for yourself if you really need to do any of them. But I'll still say: do all of them at least once, for the rewards and to get access (and an intro) to new maps.

But you're missing out on the true end game..... Fashion wars

> @"IncognitoDev.5143" said:

> I am not really into the story quests in game and would prefer to avoid them. Do they provide anything of importance or can I continue on without it?

Yes, some stuff requires you to have finished a certain episode. Like the acquisition of the Skyscale, among other things. I recommend you play through story content at least once.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> You can read what each Episode offers in the Wiki (link above).

> You'll have to decide if there is anything you feel is important.

That's probably the best advice. I've been playing for about a year and a half now and only bothered to finish the personal story a couple of months ago. On the other hand, I played the PoF episode that unlocked the basic mounts as soon as I was able to and then played the LW Season 4 episode that unlocked Istan a few months later, without doing any other episodes at all. In other words, I was picking and choosing which episodes to play based on what content I wanted to unlock just as Inculpatus cedo suggests. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the Skyscale or not which would be the only reason I'd finish Season 4. The stories are too long and irritating for me to enjoy and I play just fine while ignoring most of them.

> @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > You can read what each Episode offers in the Wiki (link above).

> > You'll have to decide if there is anything you feel is important.

> That's probably the best advice. I've been playing for about a year and a half now and only bothered to finish the personal story a couple of months ago. On the other hand, I played the PoF episode that unlocked the basic mounts as soon as I was able to and then played the LW Season 4 episode that unlocked Istan a few months later, without doing any other episodes at all. In other words, I was picking and choosing which episodes to play based on what content I wanted to unlock just as Inculpatus cedo suggests. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the Skyscale or not which would be the only reason I'd finish Season 4. The stories are too long and irritating for me to enjoy and I play just fine while ignoring most of them.

>

>

You wouldn't need to finish the story in Season 4; merely play enough story to access the associated maps for the Skyscale. :)

Story gives you access to maps.

Finishing oath of fire is required for the griffon

> > @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > You can read what each Episode offers in the Wiki (link above).

> > > You'll have to decide if there is anything you feel is important.

> > That's probably the best advice. I've been playing for about a year and a half now and only bothered to finish the personal story a couple of months ago. On the other hand, I played the PoF episode that unlocked the basic mounts as soon as I was able to and then played the LW Season 4 episode that unlocked Istan a few months later, without doing any other episodes at all. In other words, I was picking and choosing which episodes to play based on what content I wanted to unlock just as Inculpatus cedo suggests. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the Skyscale or not which would be the only reason I'd finish Season 4. The stories are too long and irritating for me to enjoy and I play just fine while ignoring most of them.

> >

> >

>

> You wouldn't need to finish the story in Season 4; merely play enough story to access the associated maps for the Skyscale. :)

Sort of. You can’t get the Skyscale unless u finish ep6 so some story completion is required

> @"Randulf.7614" said:

> Story gives you access to maps.

>

> Finishing oath of fire is required for the griffon

>

> > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > You can read what each Episode offers in the Wiki (link above).

> > > > You'll have to decide if there is anything you feel is important.

> > > That's probably the best advice. I've been playing for about a year and a half now and only bothered to finish the personal story a couple of months ago. On the other hand, I played the PoF episode that unlocked the basic mounts as soon as I was able to and then played the LW Season 4 episode that unlocked Istan a few months later, without doing any other episodes at all. In other words, I was picking and choosing which episodes to play based on what content I wanted to unlock just as Inculpatus cedo suggests. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the Skyscale or not which would be the only reason I'd finish Season 4. The stories are too long and irritating for me to enjoy and I play just fine while ignoring most of them.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > You wouldn't need to finish the story in Season 4; merely play enough story to access the associated maps for the Skyscale. :)

>

> You can’t get the Skyscale unless u finish ep6

Episode 6 is not the entirety of Season 4, of course.

> > @"Randulf.7614" said:

> > Story gives you access to maps.

> >

> > Finishing oath of fire is required for the griffon

> >

> > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > @"Chichimec.9364" said:

> > > > > @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > > > > You can read what each Episode offers in the Wiki (link above).

> > > > > You'll have to decide if there is anything you feel is important.

> > > > That's probably the best advice. I've been playing for about a year and a half now and only bothered to finish the personal story a couple of months ago. On the other hand, I played the PoF episode that unlocked the basic mounts as soon as I was able to and then played the LW Season 4 episode that unlocked Istan a few months later, without doing any other episodes at all. In other words, I was picking and choosing which episodes to play based on what content I wanted to unlock just as Inculpatus cedo suggests. Still haven't decided if I want to go for the Skyscale or not which would be the only reason I'd finish Season 4. The stories are too long and irritating for me to enjoy and I play just fine while ignoring most of them.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > You wouldn't need to finish the story in Season 4; merely play enough story to access the associated maps for the Skyscale. :)

> >

> > You can’t get the Skyscale unless u finish ep6

>

> Episode 6 in not the entirety of Season 4, of course.

Obviously..