Mirage PVE

Devorstator.8735

I already have full ascended viper's. I was talking about the alternatives if OP can't get it yet. Dire makes you beefier and is cheap, and power and precission aren't really necessary in the confusion build. I'm not using duelists to crit bleed.

Here's the updated build. Illusions instead of domination. Really takes advantage of that confusion stacking. Now your shatters will inflict confusion no matter which one you use.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAna7anELD1LjNoBWoBMMjlhjCd0KtTzMA2sGyf67+wH-jByCQB3TfAAOCAXU5XAeAAUZ/hDq+TLVCesTAAA-e

> @Toku.5972 said:

> Assuming Viper is not an option, are you better off running Rampager or better off with Dire +Chaotic Transference?

Lacking Viper, your next option would be Sinister with Runes and Sigils to Augment your condition duration. For example, if you were using the Phantasm build, Runes of the Krait would be a cheap stand-in.

• 2 months later...

@Curunen.8729

Two months later, are you still using your hybrid mirage build ? I am interested in open world, WvW, maybe fractals and your set up sounds great! I have an old roaming set of dire with perplexity runes that I've been using. Why does no one use perplexity anymore? I do have a viper set for my necro to use in fractals that I can share with mirage, and am hoping to find runes that would work for both.

> @"Tadyene.7216" said:

> @Curunen.8729

> Two months later, are you still using your hybrid mirage build ? I am interested in open world, WvW, maybe fractals and your set up sounds great! I have an old roaming set of dire with perplexity runes that I've been using. Why does no one use perplexity anymore? I do have a viper set for my necro to use in fractals that I can share with mirage, and am hoping to find runes that would work for both.

Hi! I'm not the person you're asking for, but I tried a similar setup in WvW yesterday and I frequently use that reflect setup in open world for soloing champions that use a lot of projectiles. Chaos/Dueling/Mirage in general is a good multi-purpose build that can be used in WvW, PvP, or open world. I find full viper is survivable enough for WvW/PvE.

You might try illusions in place of chaos. The reflect uptime can obviously be useful, but it doesn't always prevent a lot of damage (evade overlap) and you give up the awesome shatter and torch burst from illusions to do it. Mirage seemed strong in 1v1/small scale regardless. You don't need a ton of condi cleanse because you're going to evade most of their damage while overwhelming them with yours and putting them on the defensive straight away. If things take a downhill turn, swap to staff, disengage and restart the fight. In larger battles, mirage feels less effective no matter what build I used.

For open world either build works. You should be able to solo many champions and group events without issue if you're good at timing evades.

Thanks Aliam, I actually have a build of your saved from another thread ("Optimal Open World") & I started out my mirage adventures with that template, it has been very powerful & great fun! I have gone out roaming with this hybrid mirage and realize that I have much to learn & along with that, appropriate gear helps. I agree that mirage is lackluster in large zerg-y battles.

> @"Tadyene.7216" said:

> Thanks Aliam, I actually have a build of your saved from another thread ("Optimal Open World") & I started out my mirage adventures with that template, it has been very powerful & great fun! I have gone out roaming with this hybrid mirage and realize that I have much to learn & along with that, appropriate gear helps. I agree that mirage is lackluster in large zerg-y battles.

Hey, wow, that's cool! I kind of hope every once in awhile somebody finds some of the things I say useful. Thanks!

> @"Illurim.6059" said:

> No one has mentioned The Prestige (torch 4) that I've seen when talking rotations. I'm curious to know if people use it or not, and if not, why not? (I use it in all my builds)

The Prestige is a minor damage increase when in melee range if it does:

- not conflict with another offhand weapon (for fights where torch is not an option)

- not conflict with rotation (fights where phantasms don't die for example or need no re-summoning)

> @"Tadyene.7216" said:

> @Curunen.8729

> Two months later, are you still using your hybrid mirage build ? I am interested in open world, WvW, maybe fractals and your set up sounds great! I have an old roaming set of dire with perplexity runes that I've been using. Why does no one use perplexity anymore? I do have a viper set for my necro to use in fractals that I can share with mirage, and am hoping to find runes that would work for both.

Sorry I didn't look in this thread to see your post.

Yes I am still loving hybrid in wvw and open world pve (bear in mind I never play raids, and I now only touch t4 fractals for rewards because I don't enjoy them).

However my build has changed a bit because for wvw I favour Grieving over viper - this is because the direct damage burst with increased crit damage is more important when it comes to securing kills than a little extra condi duration. I play quite aggressive/bursty so grieving is perfect for me. A full clone Axe 3 into F1 with both critting can unload a solid amount of damage. Axe 3 is one of my favourite skills right now - especially when traited at an 8s cooldown.

For wvw (smallscale) - http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?vhQQNAnfWnsnBlphFoBGMDMMjlZDzcEsCaJlBgbTywv+1/CgA-jFyHQBLR5XiUPom6b+pKOK7UKAgnUwcUCuj9HCAgAMzysMnZycmzcmn5Mn5Mn5M77ycmzcmzcmzcmzcmlBoaMA-w

This is a solid roaming build for solo/small group play and I've had a lot of success in the last few weeks, vs varying classes/builds and small groups (when I've had time to play). Just be aware that you can't blindly charge into an outnumbered situation because this build only has one active stealth (and one passive trait), so you've got to pick and choose fights. However through evades, mobility and detargeting it is nice to be able to juke and disengage without relying on stealth.

For pve I just change EM to IH and Signet of Inspiration to Signet of Midnight (Signet of Inspiration is primarily for the swiftness in wvw, and I never use the active - yes Adventurer runes are that good that it's worth "wasting" a utility slot for movement speed. ;) . But in pve, Signet of Midnight is much better, especially if not using EM - it's nice to have a stunbreak in some situations). Sure Viper gear is better in pve, with IH - because you're relying more on condis from clone ambushes to melt everything. However open world enemies have low enough health that grieving is still fantastic - and you can enjoy some good direct damage as well. :)