another swipe buff thread

Stand The Wall.6987

> @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> steal stuns for 1s instead of daze.

This is a nonsensical suggestion as steal (swipe) by default does not daze, sleight of hand does. Swipe is meant to be a downgrade from steal in exchange for better dodges, so if daredevil is to be buffed it ether needs to be in the form of buffing traits, buffing physical skills, buffing staff, or making new daredevil stolen skills. but not power creeping swipe.

> @"foste.3098" said:

> > @"Stand The Wall.6987" said:

> > steal stuns for 1s instead of daze.

>

> This is a nonsensical suggestion as steal (swipe) by default does not daze, sleight of hand does. Swipe is meant to be a downgrade from steal in exchange for better dodges, so if daredevil is to be buffed it ether needs to be in the form of buffing traits, buffing physical skills, buffing staff, or making new daredevil stolen skills. but not power creeping swipe.

The concept of the tradeoff is nice, but tbh our Grandmaster Dodges are lackluster at best when compared to many other profession "tradeoffs." A prime example is be that one of our Grandmaster Traits, Bounding Dodger (Bound - 465*1.75) is not that much better than a minor Warrior trait: Reckless Dodge (Reckless Impact - 398*1.5, unblockable).

> @"Turk.5460" said:

> _snip_

Except bound is a leap finisher and increases damage and has better scaling and base damage (in pve because they split nerfed it), but yes other than it is totally lackluster *sarcasm*.

But i agree they need to buff something to make the swipe trade off worth it, in fact if they revert all of the nerfs to the 3 gm dodge traits i'd say the trade off would be fine.

> @"foste.3098" said:

> > @"Turk.5460" said:

> > _snip_

> Except bound is a leap finisher and increases damage and has better scaling and base damage (in pve because they split nerfed it), but yes other than it is totally lackluster *sarcasm*.

My point was that one is a *minor* adept, and the other is a *major* grandmaster, and they are similar enough where there should be greater disparity between the two for one being a free trait, the other being a major choice. And I don't mean a nerf to Reckless Dodge, but a buff to Bounding Dodger. Or better yet, the three dodge grandmasters are pretty OK, if they were in the Master tier instead, and we had better Grandmaster traits.

If arenet wasn't lazy with DD design and did something creative while improving build diversity like giving all three dodges a f key so the DD could actively react and tailor its evades to the situation I would fully be behind swipe being a downgrade. As it is now bound is easily avoided and punished by knowledgable player,UC is a hindrance if a conditions cleansed and the dagger dodge is weak sauce. Other than looks I'd say normal dodge is more reliable than the others in more situations and the access to third dodge is the only improvement overall where dodge is concerned.