Memory Essence Encapsulator? Refunds?

So as most know who started Vision, that the Memory Essence Encapsulators were being consumed on random events and disappearing before the patch yesterday. My question is, for those that bought them and lost them, are we getting refunded for those? I submitted a ticket but this leaves you stuck either buying more, which are not cheep, or waiting for a refund before progressing more. Sad Panda

I'm very sorry for anyone who got hit with this bug. And I hope ANet figures out something better than, "sorry, Charlie."

> So much for their claims that the in game economy is important to them.

Not all personal losses are important economically. The number of people affected by the original bug is limited; changes to the economy are typically about unlimited or limitless sources. There might also be other reasons why it might or might not be _possible_ to offer a refund.

Separately, for the specific situation, I've seen two types of responses:

* Support saying that _they_ cannot refund the cost.

* Devs stating that they _might_ be able to run a script that replaces the lost item.

I don't know if the last is likely or unlikely, but it wouldn't be something that the coders could tell support about until they were sure they could deliver it.

> https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/945589/#Comment_945589

> @"Dreggon.6598" said:

> Just got my refund. They returned three even though I only asked for two, probably because three were eaten by the Dragonfall champions and I did correctly receive credit for one of those, but three were still consumed. I'm satisfied, guess I'll convert the extra into the orichalcum filigrees.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> I'm very sorry for anyone who got hit with this bug. And I hope ANet figures out something better than, "sorry, Charlie."

> ****

>

> > So much for their claims that the in game economy is important to them.

>

> Not all personal losses are important economically. The number of people affected by the original bug is limited; changes to the economy are typically about unlimited or limitless sources. There might also be other reasons why it might or might not be _possible_ to offer a refund.

They are if they drive the prices of the item up significantly.

Everyone got very inconsistent responses and wildly varying resolutions based on the care of the CS they got.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > I'm very sorry for anyone who got hit with this bug. And I hope ANet figures out something better than, "sorry, Charlie."

> > ****

> >

> > > So much for their claims that the in game economy is important to them.

> >

> > Not all personal losses are important economically. The number of people affected by the original bug is limited; changes to the economy are typically about unlimited or limitless sources. There might also be other reasons why it might or might not be _possible_ to offer a refund.

>

> They are if they drive the prices of the item up significantly.

Personal losses don't drive the prices of the item up significantly for the community (although of course, they were doubling the costs for those affected by the bugs).

>

> We'll make it so that everyone got very inconsistent responses and activity based on the drive of the CS they got.

Customer Support doesn't work like that.

You might recall that the person who posted about getting a refund (today) also posted about being told that they weren't getting a refund (on the 2nd). It's more likely that CS wasn't informed as to the nature of the issue originally, and therefore wasn't prepared to respond as we'd expect.

Put another way: you should reopen your earlier ticket, Eloc.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > I'm very sorry for anyone who got hit with this bug. And I hope ANet figures out something better than, "sorry, Charlie."

> > > ****

> > >

> > > > So much for their claims that the in game economy is important to them.

> > >

> > > Not all personal losses are important economically. The number of people affected by the original bug is limited; changes to the economy are typically about unlimited or limitless sources. There might also be other reasons why it might or might not be _possible_ to offer a refund.

> >

> > They are if they drive the prices of the item up significantly.

> Personal losses don't drive the prices of the item up significantly for the community (although of course, they were doubling the costs for those affected by the bugs).

> >

> > We'll make it so that everyone got very inconsistent responses and activity based on the drive of the CS they got.

> Customer Support doesn't work like that.

>

> You might recall that the person who posted about getting a refund (today) also posted about being told that they weren't getting a refund (on the 2nd). It's more likely that CS wasn't informed as to the nature of the issue originally, and therefore wasn't prepared to respond as we'd expect.

>

> Put another way: you should reopen your earlier ticket, Eloc.

TBH it still makes for mixed messaging.. rather than stating nope nada, go away your not getting nowt back cos nothing had been brought to their attention, they should of at least said something on the lines of " will check with X to see what can be done if anything, please submit a bug report in the mean time"..

So actually what was coming back was/is very inconsistent.

ANET should absolutely come out with some official statement acknowledging the issue and what they are looking to do for those caught up in yet another poorly QA'ed issue around one of the major aspects of the patch.

• 4 weeks later...