how about that desert highlands meta buff

"While the Search for Buried Treasure meta-event is active, Treasure Hunting Kits will attempt to reveal treasure that is not extremely far away when possible." definitely not in game yet. CONSTANTLY ping ponged between the branded section of the map and the frozen section. back and forth more often than not.

> @"Aetheldrake.6395" said:

> "While the Search for Buried Treasure meta-event is active, Treasure Hunting Kits will attempt to reveal treasure that is not extremely far away **when possible**."

I assume it does not affect _where_ the next treasure chest is being generated.

I feel like it does send me to nearby areas more frequently than before. Before the update, I pretty much had to warp for every kit; currently, that seems to be the need every 2 or 3 kits.

Still, it sends one too far away too frequently. If it were up to me, I'd set rates as follow: 20% to get a treasure in the same area you just got one from (but a different location, of course). 60% to get a treasure on an adjacent location, and the last 20% tosses you far away on the map.

If there's a restriction in place (such as the one mentioned above: you can't loot somebody else's chest if you just opened one in the same location), that could probably prevent most exploits.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> Sounds like the ping feature isn't working as intended. That's disappointing.

> ****

>

> You can use a map to locate potential sites. Apparently, just one pings but there are others available (which is why it helps to be in a group to do this).

Even if criss-crossing the map though you can get up to 15 solo...but if you want more then a group is probably better(I'm in no hurry though, doubt if I'll run out of maps any time soon).

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Even if criss-crossing the map though you can get up to 15 solo...but if you want more then a group is probably better(I'm in no hurry though, doubt if I'll run out of maps any time soon).

Are there lfg for this event? I am mostly fine going it solo, but it's probably going to take me a year to go through my 500 treasure kits in my bank. :P

> @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> Even if criss-crossing the map though you can get up to 15 solo...but if you want more then a group is probably better(I'm in no hurry though, doubt if I'll run out of maps any time soon).

Several people reported that, prior to the changes, they could consistently get over 20 per session.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/62635/superior-buried-treasure-more-valuable-than-we-thought-data-amp-farming

([tips for getting more than 15 solo appear in the third post](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/764375/#Comment_764375))

I can't say if the techniques above are still active; presumably, they shouldn't be affected.

I have been experiencing huge issues if revealing the treasure while mounted on a Skyscale. The kit disappears from my special action key, the treasure box disappears but the words that identify it remain. At first I thought I was being shorted, and left them, but after some finagling, if I re-equip the kit, and re-reveal, I can get my treasure. Before I report as a bug, is anyone else experiencing this? It has happened now consistently for me. ONLY when MOUNTED on a SKYSCALE to REVEAL. Otherwise it works as normal(raptor, or dismounted, or griffon, etc.)

Now that I know to just re-reveal it's dealable, but for a couple days it was quite disheartening to find my 'take' at the end was 4-5 boxes less than the person who does it with me(who was not using skyscale so wasn't having it happen.)

I took the data from 250 Superior treasures and compared it to today's market values. Assuming the same drop rates, the total value of the entire exercise is very dependent on whether you get a Story of the Great Zehtuka, as that still has recipes selling for > 60 gold.

* Best case: 25 treasures in 20 minutes, with a Zehtuka recipe: 11.6g (pretax) in 20 minutes, or 35g/hour

* Worst case: 10 treasures, no recipe: 1.8g (pretax) or 5.4g/hour

However, as noted in my previous post (linked above), the bigger value is in the the Elegy Mosaics. After the recent _HoTization of PoF_ patch, Those are far easier to obtain through bounties and metas. Still, 3-8 for 20 minutes of solo work might be worth it for those who want to go it alone.

> @"Etria.3642" said:

> Do we have data on music box drop rates? Especially now that they are tradeable?

No.

I don't expect any that I would use to determine drop rates. We can safely assume the rate is lower than 1:1000 and even the most dedicated Superior Treasure farmer isn't likely to accumulate that many. We'd need a few dozen treasure-hunters posting data on stacks of treasure to have any hope of getting close to decent numbers. And as of last week, the wiki had a total of... less than 1000 results.

> @"Skotlex.7580" said:

> > @"Zaklex.6308" said:

> > Even if criss-crossing the map though you can get up to 15 solo...but if you want more then a group is probably better(I'm in no hurry though, doubt if I'll run out of maps any time soon).

>

> Are there lfg for this event? I am mostly fine going it solo, but it's probably going to take me a year to go through my 500 treasure kits in my bank. :P

I've never looked in the LFG tool for one so I wouldn't know...and I've got triple the amount of Treasure Kits from when I ran bounty trains daily through PoF...so imagine I'll be doing this for a while, when I remember about it(which is usually when I get another Treasure Map kit drop).