Reimagining of Guild Wars franchise

Dear fellow Guild Warians !

Now by no means is this a thread to be negative about the current game(play) or story choices made by Arenanet, but more of a what would've made Guild Wars even more fun for you thread.

So let's start of:

Finished story lines:

-What was Evennia's angle by going to GW1 at the end of War in Kryta?

-Who was the Unnamed Lich during the Halloween festivals?

- Who is leading the Inquest, what happend to the factions created by Scarlet? Who is leading the Flame legion, what is the sttus with the Foefire and (Magdaer and Sohothin?)

- Our chosen Orders dont really mean much aside from a few storylines, additional side quest with currency to by the wepaons and armor with aside from gold would've added more flavour to them, imo.

- Season 1 pack?

Racial:

Hylek / Heket, Centaur and Tengu as choices would've been awesome. Though a centaur on a Springer...poor Springer. Both Heket and Centaurs could've been anagle witha PoF release same goes for Tengu when HoT landed.

Housing:

Our home instances don't really feel like anything but gathering node stocks, I think ESO has done a great job(also monetizing housing would mean cash fo NCsoft) Sure as a scribe you can decorate a guild hall,...but rather expensive for most people without a large guild behind em.

Fluff:

Things like fishing, mini-pet battles (polymock?!) sure they could add achievements behind em...

Guilds:

Ingame voice chat - See what guilds have accomplished(raids, wvw, pvp, etc.) Guild ranking systems?

Actual GvG like in Gw1!

PvP:

Heroes ascent was fun in GW1.

WvW to be more interactive.

Gameplay:

Split between pvp,pve and wvw skills from the start.

Build templates, like we had in GW1, with the addition of auto swapping gear ala D3.

Well maybe it is just a wish list, I don't know, I just play GW and I love it for what it is, just think there are things that could make it so much better.

So let us know your additions / wishes!

> @"Aerick Blackmoore.8167" said:

> - Who is leading the Inquest

Kuda, Kudu's daughter most likely. She is the new overseer, we might get to fight her someday.

> what happend to the factions created by Scarlet?

The Molten Alliance and Toxic Alliance both broke up as far as we know, while the watchworks are back under human control (hopefully)

> Who is leading the Flame legion

Nobody. Their last leader died in Citadel of Flame and the remnants joined the Molten Alliance with the Dredge. It's most likely that at this point the Flame Legion is done for as we haven't heard from them in many years and the zones they are involved in are locked in the past.

> what is the sttus with the Foefire and (Magdaer and Sohothin?)

Good question. I think now that the Dragons are back to sleep we can focus on repairing old damages, like fixing the Foefire (tried once, maybe it's time for second round)

> @"Aerick Blackmoore.8167" said:

> Did we ever learn which Blacksmith Eir brought Magdaer to?

No, last info on Magdaer is this:

> Eir: Magdaer is shattered, but I know a blacksmith who can mend these pieces.

Now who this blacksmith is, is anyone's guess

> Also the Crown, was it recoverd

I don't remember any information about the crown being lost, only Sohothin was drawn to the Mists and Rytlock jumped after it. But no info on the crown so it's safe I guess?

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > @"Aerick Blackmoore.8167" said:

> > Did we ever learn which Blacksmith Eir brought Magdaer to?

>

> No, last info on Magdaer is this:

> > Eir: Magdaer is shattered, but I know a blacksmith who can mend these pieces.

> Now who this blacksmith is, is anyone's guess

>

> > Also the Crown, was it recoverd

>

> I don't remember any information about the crown being lost, only Sohothin was drawn to the Mists and Rytlock jumped after it. But no info on the crown so it's safe I guess?

Now here's something else I can't seem to remember, the crown, was it ever stated it was with anyone else other than Adelbern himself? If so I assume it's somewhere on his rotting corpse?

Maybe this thread should be moved over to Lore? #anymodsaround?

> @"Krzysztof.5973" said:

> Anything that is considered "elitist" by this community I shall embrace with open arms. Rankings in any shape or form would be nice.

Ranks are fairly pointless when the player base isn't really competitive. People who genuinely care for competing with people have the option of playing games designed to be competitive. Being ranked on a game where the majority don't care isn't really an accomplishment, and if you consider it one, it's because you're not after real competition.

> @"Yamazuki.6073" said:

> Ranks are fairly pointless when the player base isn't really competitive. People who genuinely care for competing with people have the option of playing games designed to be competitive. Being ranked on a game where the majority don't care isn't really an accomplishment, and if you consider it one, it's because you're not after real competition.

We talked about this so many times... There has to be small group of highly skilled players on top for everyone else to look up to. Without them there is no point in trying to get better, no reason to crave for being good at the game. People who are new to game game and who wish to become good at it can't think for a second and say "If I spend a little more time on my character, I can get better and some day be as good as that guy!".

If you don't care to be good someday or maybe even one of the best then the ranking system would not affect you in any shape or form. It literally gives 0 reward other than prestige. You don't even have to know it exists. This <1% of playerbase will care.