Exordium is underwhelming

> @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > people said the same about pharus.

> > I like having something different - and it is different- why want another one that looks like the rest?

> > I am currently working on it, somebody stop me.

>

> Hey, you! Stop!

>

> ...

>

> Did it work?

nope.

"Underwhelming"?? :o That oversized toy has more flashy, moving, exaggerated effects than any other legendary weapon I can think of. Plain awful.

From your post, however, I take it that it's mostly about technical details rather than adding more to it. Eternity's footfalls are the reason I reskinned the weapon, so - if I were you - I'd be glad that Exordium has more decent ones.

> @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> I will forever avoid getting Gen 1 GS legendaries for a few reasons.

> 1.) Obnoxious effects.

> 2.) They look gaudy as weapons and really do not work with any color other than black or white.

> 3.) They are common.

>

> Exordium is not so different in terms of color, but the effects it has are unique compared to the rest of the weapon. If I were to get a GS I would go for Exordium first.

Exordium looks like cheap ass plastic with the lamest colours. And transforming effects look like they belong more into minecraft than gw2. Biggest disappointment in season 4 easily for me.

> @"Dami.5046" said:

> > @"NanoEliteSixSixSix.8935" said:

> > > @"Dami.5046" said:

> > > people said the same about pharus.

> > > I like having something different - and it is different- why want another one that looks like the rest?

> > > I am currently working on it, somebody stop me.

> >

> > Hey, you! Stop!

> >

> > ...

> >

> > Did it work?

>

> nope.

Well, I've done all I can. It's clear there's no stopping you on this mad quest of yours.

Edited for spelling.

> @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > I will forever avoid getting Gen 1 GS legendaries for a few reasons.

> > 1.) Obnoxious effects.

> > 2.) They look gaudy as weapons and really do not work with any color other than black or white.

> > 3.) They are common.

> >

> > Exordium is not so different in terms of color, but the effects it has are unique compared to the rest of the weapon. If I were to get a GS I would go for Exordium first.

>

> Exordium looks like cheap kitten plastic with the lamest colours. And transforming effects look like they belong more into minecraft than gw2. Biggest disappointment in season 4 easily for me.

Well perhaps the designs were made specifically to entice the people who don't like first gen legendaries to make one. The focus on the newer legendaries seem to be designed to look more practical. Because me personally... rainbows, glitter, bright shiny messes everywhere and permanently unsheathed Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity is obnoxious. I even reskinned my Predator to the Perfected Rifle because flaming steampunk looked gaudy. A .50 cal goes well with my Deadeye's desert sniper look and the only skins I could really be bothered to use to get this effect is either the Perfected Rifle, Zafirah's Rifle or Arcane Marksman Rifle. I also got The Shining Blade because it's effects are reserved enough to make it look like an authentic weapon of power.

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> Hey.

> I have Eternity since many years and while it's spectacular in every way, it doesn't fit my icy character theme very much. So I crafted the Exordium yesterday. Looks nice for afk, but during combat it feels very underwhelming and unpolished. Here are few pointers why:

>

> - When you swing, the sparks follow the GS skeleton for a bit before finally dropping down. That looks unnatural/against physics. Just autoattack few times, you'll know what I mean.

> - I would've expected footprints to stay longer. Look at other legendary weapons for comparison, their effects stay longer.

> - There is no trail effect when drawn. Even the "classic" legendary like Shining Blade has some trail when drawn. How does the Exordium differ from black lion skins in this regard? Oh wait, it doesn't - new branded black lion set has trail effect when drawn!

> - The aura on the character. 2-handed weapons are typically using whole-body aura effects and I understand if it was design choice to make this aura a bit less flashy. I would be okay with it, if the aforementioned issues were resolved.

>

> So basically - buff footprints, add trail effect, some shablam.

I'm sure the subtly of some effects was a design choice. I tend to prefer more flashy legendaries like you seem to, I am working toward Eternity myself. I do think that the cool effects that it does have, the transformations and "additions" to the weapons that pop during use should be bigger or emphasized more. A lot of character animations are way too fast for you to be able to appreciate or even see the effect sometimes. You could tell me there was no effect on a warrior's "hundred blades" and I would believe you.

> @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > I will forever avoid getting Gen 1 GS legendaries for a few reasons.

> > > 1.) Obnoxious effects.

> > > 2.) They look gaudy as weapons and really do not work with any color other than black or white.

> > > 3.) They are common.

> > >

> > > Exordium is not so different in terms of color, but the effects it has are unique compared to the rest of the weapon. If I were to get a GS I would go for Exordium first.

> >

> > Exordium looks like cheap kitten plastic with the lamest colours. And transforming effects look like they belong more into minecraft than gw2. Biggest disappointment in season 4 easily for me.

>

> Well perhaps the designs were made specifically to entice the people who don't like first gen legendaries to make one. The focus on the newer legendaries seem to be designed to look more practical. Because me personally... rainbows, glitter, bright shiny messes everywhere and permanently unsheathed Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity is obnoxious. I even reskinned my Predator to the Perfected Rifle because flaming steampunk looked gaudy. A .50 cal goes well with my Deadeye's desert sniper look and the only skins I could really be bothered to use to get this effect is either the Perfected Rifle, Zafirah's Rifle or Arcane Marksman Rifle. I also got The Shining Blade because it's effects are reserved enough to make it look like an authentic weapon of power.

That's the point I'm making. It doesn't really look like authentic weapon. I also am not fan of too shiny, but Exoridum does't look like a believable enough weapon to me. It looks like plastic, because of lame colors. And effects make it even more ridiculous. If it looked like it's actually metal with added effects (nice effects), it would be great, like Shining blade does.

> @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > @"serialkicker.5274" said:

> > > > @"Zacchary.6183" said:

> > > > I will forever avoid getting Gen 1 GS legendaries for a few reasons.

> > > > 1.) Obnoxious effects.

> > > > 2.) They look gaudy as weapons and really do not work with any color other than black or white.

> > > > 3.) They are common.

> > > >

> > > > Exordium is not so different in terms of color, but the effects it has are unique compared to the rest of the weapon. If I were to get a GS I would go for Exordium first.

> > >

> > > Exordium looks like cheap kitten plastic with the lamest colours. And transforming effects look like they belong more into minecraft than gw2. Biggest disappointment in season 4 easily for me.

> >

> > Well perhaps the designs were made specifically to entice the people who don't like first gen legendaries to make one. The focus on the newer legendaries seem to be designed to look more practical. Because me personally... rainbows, glitter, bright shiny messes everywhere and permanently unsheathed Twilight/Sunrise/Eternity is obnoxious. I even reskinned my Predator to the Perfected Rifle because flaming steampunk looked gaudy. A .50 cal goes well with my Deadeye's desert sniper look and the only skins I could really be bothered to use to get this effect is either the Perfected Rifle, Zafirah's Rifle or Arcane Marksman Rifle. I also got The Shining Blade because it's effects are reserved enough to make it look like an authentic weapon of power.

>

> That's the point I'm making. It doesn't really look like authentic weapon. I also am not fan of too shiny, but Exoridum does't look like a believable enough weapon to me. It looks like plastic, because of lame colors. And effects make it even more ridiculous. If it looked like it's actually metal with added effects (nice effects), it would be great, like Shining blade does.

Technically though, Exordium is supposed to "represent a renaissance of magic and technology in the world of Tyria" according to the wiki and so with its looks seemingly manufactured, "plastic", and its shapeshifting abilities.

> @"Sublimatio.6981" said:

> Hey.

> I have Eternity since many years and while it's spectacular in every way, it doesn't fit my icy character theme very much. So I crafted the Exordium yesterday. Looks nice for afk, but during combat it feels very underwhelming and unpolished. Here are few pointers why:

>

> - When you swing, the sparks follow the GS skeleton for a bit before finally dropping down. That looks unnatural/against physics. Just autoattack few times, you'll know what I mean.

> - I would've expected footprints to stay longer. Look at other legendary weapons for comparison, their effects stay longer.

> - There is no trail effect when drawn. Even the "classic" legendary like Shining Blade has some trail when drawn. How does the Exordium differ from black lion skins in this regard? Oh wait, it doesn't - new branded black lion set has trail effect when drawn!

> - The aura on the character. 2-handed weapons are typically using whole-body aura effects and I understand if it was design choice to make this aura a bit less flashy. I would be okay with it, if the aforementioned issues were resolved.

>

> So basically - buff footprints, add trail effect, some shablam.

Almost like ya know, you could have just checked this all out before you made it and then ya know... not made it.