Loved doing the skyscale challenge

I absolutely loved doing the skyscale challenge!

It was alot of fun; anywhere from researching skyscales, hatching it, feeding, caring, training stealth (hide n seek), playing catch and watching her grow.

Skyscale is the only mount I actually feel like a true companion and not just "that-thing-that-takes-me-from-A-to-B".

I feel connected to my skyscale and at first when I heard Gorrik say that its a SHE I wondered if it was random (unfortunately not) but all skyscales are females, which is fine overall.

I'm not sure what's the fuss about doing skyscale achievement. It took me 5 days and it was FUN! (except for part where you collect Volatile Magic which I hated, but then you realize it actually helped me appreciate skyscale mount more than first look and improve my experience handling it).

I hope Anet will add more ways to costumize our skyscales and maybe even name them.

> @"wefal.8426" said:

> I absolutely loved doing the skyscale challenge!

>

> It was alot of fun; anywhere from researching skyscales, hatching it, feeding, caring, training stealth (hide n seek), playing catch and watching her grow.

> Skyscale is the only mount I actually feel like a true companion and not just "that-thing-that-takes-me-from-A-to-B".

> I feel connected to my skyscale and at first when I heard Gorrik say that its a SHE I wondered if it was random (unfortunately not) but all skyscales are females, which is fine overall.

> I'm not sure what's the fuss about doing skyscale achievement. **It took me 5 days and it was FUN!** (except for part where you collect Volatile Magic which I hated, but then you realize it actually helped me appreciate skyscale mount more than first look and improve my experience handling it).

>

> I hope Anet will add more ways to costumize our skyscales and maybe even name them.

Bolded part: Did you do the Skyscale after the patch that was introduced to fix a lot of the collection complaints?

> @"wefal.8426" said:

> > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > Bolded part: Did you do the Skyscale after the patch that was introduced to fix a lot of the collection complaints?

>

> What patch? when?

>

May 28, they reduced the time gate. Previously you had to wait for daily reset to begin the next "main" collection. Now it's a 2 hour wait instead.

The also increased the number of times every day you could feed your skyscale during Skyscale Care.

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"wefal.8426" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > Bolded part: Did you do the Skyscale after the patch that was introduced to fix a lot of the collection complaints?

> >

> > What patch? when?

> >

>

> May 28, they reduced the time gate. Previously you had to wait for daily reset to begin the next "main" collection. Now it's a 2 hour wait instead.

> The also increased the number of times every day you could feed your skyscale during Skyscale Care.

From the patch notes as per Tanner:

The requirement of a daily reset between skyscale collections has been replaced with a 2-hour wait.

The skyscale hatchling may now be fed four times per day instead of three.

It took me 3 weeks ..... I did not enjoy aspects of the quest. (mainly mapcurrency grind, it took the longest for me...and it felt like a grind).

I was fed up during that, that by the time I got to the rifts I just wanted it to be over and free to use my skyscale

I am in the midst of doing all the content for it because of the new skin. I didn't plan on getting that mount as the default skin didn't interest me but damn, I wish I had done it sooner. I am having so much fun doing these challenges, new skin or not. The idea that one could work hard to raise a creature that becomes your mount makes it so much more meaningful. I thought getting the gryphon was cool, but now I am in love with the skyscale.

Mind you, I only returned to the game about 1.5 months ago after a 5 year hiatus, taking a break from World of Warcraft (WoW) raiding (I am in a semi-hardcore raiding guild who is taking a break until the next major patch). So glad I did because GW2 open world content is turning out to be far more engaging and fun than even raiding in WoW. I managed to complete the storyline for all 4 seasons in this time and get all the mounts (save the skyscale, obviously) and whatnot too. I haven't tried Fractals or Raiding yet but I suspect it is also a lot of fun.

All in all, ArenaNet has done a really good job of making the game engaging for solo players. And the community is awesome! Love you guys for sharing your banners, mentors, and world content engagement. I am truly impressed.

Great job all!

> @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > @"wefal.8426" said:

> > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > Bolded part: Did you do the Skyscale after the patch that was introduced to fix a lot of the collection complaints?

> >

> > What patch? when?

> >

>

> May 28, they reduced the time gate. Previously you had to wait for daily reset to begin the next "main" collection. Now it's a 2 hour wait instead.

> The also increased the number of times every day you could feed your skyscale during Skyscale Care.

Oh yea, after patch. Damn you wanna tell me the time gate was reset instead of 2 hours?? and number of feed/day was lower?

That is sound a bit too much of grind for mount...glad I did it after patch.

Did Anet compensate those who finish it before patch?

Did it in five or six days, right at the start. I had the benefit of doing it in a crowd, with squads marking egg and scale locations and mesmers hovering around the JPs, or it would have been a long-term project. The time gate was only a little annoying, I'm very glad I did it at the beginning, time gates and all, rather than to have done it solo after time gating was reduced, following a guide. It was a nice party atmosphere.

I am glad for those who will be trying to get their skyscale in the future without the same level of community involvement, that they will at least benefit from less time-gating and and easier games of catch. I got my 'compensation' already, thank you.

The daily time gate was the least offensive design mistake in this whole thing.

I have a *huge* beef against the Collections Within Collections nonsense and each one being 15-30 items long that involve just popping around to various maps merely for the sake of padding. And having to wait for meta/boss events was even worse. The Skyscale quest string is pretty much the utmost in ANet not respecting my time as a player.

> @"wefal.8426" said:

> > @"Tanner Blackfeather.6509" said:

> > > @"wefal.8426" said:

> > > > @"Loosmaster.8263" said:

> > > > Bolded part: Did you do the Skyscale after the patch that was introduced to fix a lot of the collection complaints?

> > >

> > > What patch? when?

> > >

> >

> > May 28, they reduced the time gate. Previously you had to wait for daily reset to begin the next "main" collection. Now it's a 2 hour wait instead.

> > The also increased the number of times every day you could feed your skyscale during Skyscale Care.

>

> Oh yea, after patch. kitten you wanna tell me the time gate was reset instead of 2 hours?? and number of feed/day was lower?

> That is sound a bit too much of grind for mount...glad I did it after patch.

>

> Did Anet compensate those who finish it before patch?

I still waited for reset for the feedings and collections, play time limitations, and it only took me 9 days.

The only part I didn't like was the saddle. That part was miserable. Slowly accruing currency for things like armor is fine because I don't lose anything from not getting it as soon as possible. Doing it for a mount is...not fun. Every bit of experience I gain earning this currency feels like wasted time since I can't work on Skyscale related masteries. If this step started after Sksycale flight and allowed you to work on Skyscale masteries, I could work on it at my leisure. Instead, I felt pressured to work exclusively on grinding out currencies. Just some slight tweaks to the process could have improved the ordeal massively.

The collections themselves, however, I had a great deal of fun with. I especially liked playing hide and seek.