[Merged] Feedback on new world events and Shiny weapons

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > @"Ayrilana.1396" said:

> > > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > > For feedback,

> > > * Please don't make these rewards time gated. These should be permanent additions or at least longer than 2 weeks especially if you expect people to gather 60 of something. I've ground them out (and it's feeling like a grind) but it's not fun or exciting, it's feels like a chore.

> >

> > You don’t need to gather 60 of everything. You need 18 azure, 18 crimson, 12 saffron, and 12 emerald. There are also recipes to convert two of one type to any of the others.

> > Two weeks is more than enough time to complete this.

> >

>

> Yeah, and 18 + 18 + 12 + 12 = 60

>

> You have to gather 60 of them. That's what I said.

>

> Whether or not 2 weeks is enough to do 60 world bosses depends on the individual, really.

It's actually unlikely that anyone will get enough without doing a bit more than 60 bosses. For me the Azure ones are way more common than the others and Crimson is rarest. I already have 20 Azure (2 more than I need) but only 6 Crimson (still 12 short). So for now every 2 Azures I get gets me one boss closer to having enough Essences.

According to drop rate research the Djinn Energy Clusters won't help much due to the minuscule drop rate of the Essences.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"Pifil.5193" said:

> Whether or not 2 weeks is enough to do 60 world bosses depends on the individual, really.

At 4 bosses/hour, 60 world bosses is 15 hours.

Like any goal in the game, that's too much for people who play hours/week and barely anything for those who play every day or binge the weekend.

(Now, whether anyone wants to spend that much time on World Bosses... that's a different issue.)

I looked at all of the weapons, shiny and ultra shiny, and decided that the only one that really interested me was the torch. I spent maybe six to eight hours total and finished it last night. I appreciate that (1) it was easily accessible, (2) relatively simple and straightforward, and (3) wasn't one of those "I have to have this" things. I hadn't done world bosses in a while, so it was nice to "join the train" for a few hours, especially knowing that it was not a permanent thing. Overall, I liked the design and rollout. The only negative for me was the frame rate... wow.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > Whether or not 2 weeks is enough to do 60 world bosses depends on the individual, really.

> At 4 bosses/hour, 60 world bosses is 15 hours.

>

> Like any goal in the game, that's too much for people who play hours/week and barely anything for those who play every day or binge the weekend.

>

> (Now, whether anyone wants to spend that much time on World Bosses... that's a different issue.)

>

Keep in mind that the most you can get from bosses is 12 essences in a day if you do all bosses including the 2 hard ones (Teq and TT). Based on my drop rates I'm going to need to do about 70 bosses (not 60) to get enough essences to make all of the weapons. I think I'll get there fine as I'm a little past half way already. I might could get away with less than 70 if I look closer at how many days are left and focus on, for example, doing MegaDestroyer every day for the guaranteed Crimsons.

I have found that if you arrive after the boss has been defeated but not too late you can still get the essence. That can save a little time.

Edit: Correction - There are 3 hard bosses, Teq, TT and Karka Queen, so max is 13 per day if you do all bosses including hard bosses.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Pifil.5193" said:

> > Whether or not 2 weeks is enough to do 60 world bosses depends on the individual, really.

> At 4 bosses/hour, 60 world bosses is 15 hours.

>

> Like any goal in the game, that's too much for people who play hours/week and barely anything for those who play every day or binge the weekend.

>

> (Now, whether anyone wants to spend that much time on World Bosses... that's a different issue.)

>

Yes and over an hour a day is too much for many and a drop in the ocean for others. (I dare say most forum frequenters tend to be in the latter group). That's why I think it's better for this kind of event to stick around a lot longer.

I was lucky and got it in 63 nodes total (62 as I got one from a djinn energy cluster). I didn't actually kill 62 bosses, mind you, if you get there after the boss is killed you can mine the node, you don't need to be there for the kill.

I spent most of my time "in game" last weekend either browsing the Web, watching YouTube or on the Switch. This kind of bonus event showcases the worst that GW2 had to offer: waiting followed by zerging.