Dismount mastery

Now that we have a number of awesome mounts, I was thinking of optional ways to have fun with them.

In no particular order:

* Dismount Display -- instead of just jumping off and landing on the ground, each race (or profession) has a unique way to hit the ground running: Diving roll, land with a massive dust cloud, clone/bat/vine-teleport, etc.

* Dismount into Combat -- target an enemy, dismount, and attack automatically when you hit the ground

* Mounting -- each mount has a different way for your character to get back on; skimmer rises out of the water; jackal forms in a swirl of dust; raptor runs up behind you, griffon swoops down and picks you up, etc

* Dismount directly onto another mount-- (the highest rank) instead of dismounting and remounting in a chain, it happens automatically

Maybe the Dismount Display and Mounting (neither of which involve combat) be chosen as optional first with the other automatically being second (at the higher MP cost)

I know these would cost mastery points which are at a premium at times. There are those people who don't have the optional flying mounts so they have points to spare.

> @"Game of Bones.8975" said:

> Now that we have a number of awesome mounts, I was thinking of optional ways to have fun with them.

>

> In no particular order:

> * Dismount Display -- instead of just jumping off and landing on the ground, each race (or profession) has a unique way to hit the ground running: Diving roll, land with a massive dust cloud, clone/bat/vine-teleport, etc.

> * Dismount into Combat -- target an enemy, dismount, and attack automatically when you hit the ground

You have never heard of the engage skill?

> * Mounting -- each mount has a different way for your character to get back on; skimmer rises out of the water; jackal forms in a swirl of dust; raptor runs up behind you, griffon swoops down and picks you up, etc

> * Dismount directly onto another mount-- (the highest rank) instead of dismounting and remounting in a chain, it happens automatically

>

> Maybe the Dismount Display and Mounting (neither of which involve combat) be chosen as optional first with the other automatically being second (at the higher MP cost)

>

> I know these would cost mastery points which are at a premium at times. There are those people who don't have the optional flying mounts so they have points to spare.

All the rest is going to need additional animations as well.

You also need enough time to make some animations look good. I would give a big fat no to lengthening the amount of time to get on a mount to accomplish any of these.