I adapted, here are the results

Anput.4620

> @"jaif.3518" said:

> OP, I read some of your other threads - if you don't like mounts, and want fights, why the heck don't you go to PvP? There's lots of fights in PvP, the players are all there for the fights, and the gear is equalized?

>

> All of your complaining here seems pointless - even without mounts you'll get far more fights in PvP than WvW.

The answer: because it used to be that people could get easy wins ganking noobs with a group of their friends in WvW ... less so in PvP. Of course we hear that the complaints about the mount aren't about this ... but you know it is.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"jaif.3518" said:

> OP, I read some of your other threads - if you don't like mounts, and want fights, why the heck don't you go to PvP? There's lots of fights in PvP, the players are all there for the fights, and the gear is equalized?

>

> All of your complaining here seems pointless - even without mounts you'll get far more fights in PvP than WvW.

I don't really understand the OP's complaints here, but as far as your statement goes, gear being equalized, the format so rigid (only capture and hold of non-siege nodes for example) and the stat selection so basic means most build diversity is thrown out the window.

Up until the expansions literally anything was playable in WvW. I'd also wager there's a lot more individual agency as well, having 2-man-snuck down SMC or simply denying leads by flipping camps and towers solo in an enemy's third.

The formats are so tremendously different you might as well tell the person to go PvE if your logic is based solely on rate of fighting which clearly has the most fights of everything.

I doubt that's the experience anyone who's vested in the lol-competitive modes is after, though. Otherwise they'd be playing PvE.

> @"jaif.3518" said:

>

Because i want open map solo roaming PvP, it is why i play MMO's. If i wanted SPvP i might aswell boot up Smite instead, which i do also play if i want SPvP, and don't tell me to go play a BR because those are all shooting games, if there was an MMO-like BR with good combat and builds etc like this sure i'd try it, only BR i like is Realm Royale. SPvP is totally boring to me, doesn't help that since i was a child i always hated king of the hill modes in any game.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"jaif.3518" said:

> > OP, I read some of your other threads - if you don't like mounts, and want fights, why the heck don't you go to PvP? There's lots of fights in PvP, the players are all there for the fights, and the gear is equalized?

> >

> > All of your complaining here seems pointless - even without mounts you'll get far more fights in PvP than WvW.

>

> The answer: because it used to be that people could get easy wins ganking noobs with a group of their friends in WvW ... less so in PvP. Of course we hear that the complaints about the mount aren't about this ... but you know it is.

I can answer for myself ty, could you stop putting words in my mouth? I always played alone too lol. Also, that noobs die to more experienced players is normal. Read my response above. I just want solo open PvP, how is that so hard to understand? Why do you think i have some illuminati hidden ulterior motive?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> ^^ I'm just adding some honesty here ... the easy ganks are gone, the lone noobs have options. I know it ruins some people's approach to 'PVP', but you know, you adapted so ... it's OK.

What does easy mean? Easy engagements? Sure, but engaging in combat doesn't give any inherent advantage in itself. So what are you implying again?

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> You don't know what easy means? See, this is why you're not believable.

>

> And no, you haven't always played alone ... one of your first threads complaining about how you had to play alone because all your friends left because of Warclaw.

I complained that my guild died, i played alone and maybe one evening a week with this one deadeye, the thread was more to show that a lot of roamers quit with the WC.

> @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> >

> >

>

> Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> @"schloumou.3982" said:

> Hey, since a lot of people are saying everyone should be able to play the game the way he wants, I just want to state real quick that I was a dedicated roamer on non meta builds, before the mount got implemented. I tried to make it work, but the mount fundamentally broke the dynamics of impromptu engagements. I gave up on some point. Couple of days ago I logged back in, out of boredom, after three month of playing other stuff, and sadly all three roaming guilds, I was part of, were dead. One was strait deleted, and the founder still plays, but only in zergs, because according his words noone is roaming anymore.

> I try to be open to changes but I fail to understand how this mount brought more variety to the game.

This is pretty much the experience of every player who was involved in something that wasnt zerging.

All of my gear is Celestial or Crusader or something with healing power due to being Tempest and theres literally nothing my class can do against a mount... So its like, whats the point of even trying.

> @"Widmo.3186" said:

> > @"Arzurag.7506" said:

> > It´s not so much that I don´t like loosing, heck I don´t care if I die or live, though the fight itself has to be fun. Getting pew-pew´d in a matter of seconds without reliable counterplay, besides invulnerability or blocks or invsisibility that necro doesn´t have access to.

>

> I agree with everything but invisibility. GW2 is the only game i know (maybe forgot about another, prove me wrong) that allows you to keep whole channel or even few AA against target that went into stealth. Start Rapid Fire, teef goes into stealth and Rangers rapid fire keeps shooting because thanks god it has laser tracking. Comparing to WoW (hehe) mage start casting Frostbolt, Rogue uses Vanish and guess what happens. Cast is canceled.

> Not whining btw, just wanted to mention it.

Mirage have skill that Breaks Enemy Targeting, thief or any classes that apply stealth should have it.

> @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

>

> > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

>

> I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

?

That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

>

> I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I think you're in the minority from my observations.

What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> >

> > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> >

> > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

>

> ?

>

> That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

>

> It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

>

> And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

>

>

>

> > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> >

> > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

>

> I think you're in the minority from my observations.

>

> What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

>

> I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

Oh someone finally gets it.

>

> I think you're in the minority from my observations.

>

> What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

>

> I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

Hm.. Very good points.

Honestly I just like coming to this sub to offer help if I can, to get some laughs and to share experiences. Most of the time it's just laughing at the absurdity of people's claims and requests though. *Cough.*

> @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> >

> > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> >

> > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> >

> > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

>

> Most of the time it's just laughing at the absurdity of people's claims and requests though. *Cough.*

It's a subforum that sees maybe a dozen posts a day and is forbidden from actually talking about what's happening in game..

Giving the fellows that haven't got the joke yet a poke is really all there is. xD

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > >

> > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > >

> > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> >

> > ?

> >

> > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> >

> > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> >

> > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> >

> >

> >

> > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > >

> > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> >

> > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> >

> > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> >

> > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

>

> Oh someone finally gets it.

The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > >

> > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > >

> > > ?

> > >

> > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > >

> > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > >

> > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > >

> > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > >

> > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > >

> > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > >

> > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> >

> > Oh someone finally gets it.

>

> The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

Mcdonalds selling a lot doesn't mean it's objectively good food.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

>

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > >

> > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > >

> > > > ?

> > > >

> > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > >

> > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > >

> > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > >

> > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > >

> > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > >

> > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > >

> > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> >

> > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

>

> Mcdonalds selling a lot doesn't mean it's objectively good food.

That's true ... but that's not the motivation for people to go there and eat it either. Whether it's 'good food' or not is irrelevant. You will never understand why this game works as it does if you continue to impose your own ideas of how GW2 needs to be 'good food' for everyone. There is a market for not good food, and Anet serves up ... and if you think they will abandon that market to compete in the good food space, you just got no clue what you are talking about.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > >

> > > ?

> > >

> > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > >

> > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > >

> > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > >

> > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > >

> > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > >

> > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> >

> > Oh someone finally gets it.

>

> The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

do you tell people in open world pve they are playing the game wrong too?

WvW was open world pvp for 6 years, then a mount was introduced that changed the foundation of the game mode.. Then and only then according to you we started playing the game mode right?

you realise thats incredibly illogical right?

thats like being convinced that the sun rose for only you today.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"Anput.4620" said:

> >

> > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > > >

> > > > > ?

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > > >

> > > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > > >

> > > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > > >

> > > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> > >

> > > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> >

> > Mcdonalds selling a lot doesn't mean it's objectively good food.

>

> That's true ... but that's not the motivation for people to go there and eat it either. Whether it's 'good food' or not is irrelevant. You will never understand why this game works as it does if you continue to impose your own ideas of how GW2 needs to be 'good food' for everyone. There is a market for not good food, and Anet serves up ... and if you think they will abandon that market to compete in the good food space, you just got no clue what you are talking about.

Ty for finally agreeing they make objectively garbage choices to sell out.

> @"Anput.4620" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > >

> > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> > > >

> > > > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> > >

> > > Mcdonalds selling a lot doesn't mean it's objectively good food.

> >

> > That's true ... but that's not the motivation for people to go there and eat it either. Whether it's 'good food' or not is irrelevant. You will never understand why this game works as it does if you continue to impose your own ideas of how GW2 needs to be 'good food' for everyone. There is a market for not good food, and Anet serves up ... and if you think they will abandon that market to compete in the good food space, you just got no clue what you are talking about.

>

> Ty for finally agreeing they make objectively garbage choices to sell out.

They never sold out ... their market has been those people since the beginning of the game. People wanting that casual experience has been what has made this game survive for the last 7 years. It's not like all the sudden, Anet decided to change and target a new market ... this has always been their target market. Your just angry because you don't like that fact ... but you're leaving anyways so it really doesn't matter what you want to believe does it? Hopefully you learned something here that you can take to your next endeavour.

> @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > >

> > > > ?

> > > >

> > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > >

> > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > >

> > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > >

> > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > >

> > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > >

> > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > >

> > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> >

> > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

>

> do you tell people in open world pve they are playing the game wrong too?

>

> WvW was open world pvp for 6 years, then a mount was introduced that changed the foundation of the game mode.. Then and only then according to you we started playing the game mode right?

>

> you realise thats incredibly illogical right?

> thats like being convinced that the sun rose for only you today.

I don't see anything illogical about it ... Anet saw an underserved market and made a game that served that market. Clearly that bet paid off for them. It makes sense for them to serve that market in all modes of the game. The introduction of the Warclaw simply tells me that they saw a reason to redirect how people interacted with WvW. I won't bother to tell you anything else about what I think their because the crown of salt on you is pretty heavy.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > > >

> > > > > ?

> > > > >

> > > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > > >

> > > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > > >

> > > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > > >

> > > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > > >

> > > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > > >

> > > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > > >

> > > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> > >

> > > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> >

> > do you tell people in open world pve they are playing the game wrong too?

> >

> > WvW was open world pvp for 6 years, then a mount was introduced that changed the foundation of the game mode.. Then and only then according to you we started playing the game mode right?

> >

> > you realise thats incredibly illogical right?

> > thats like being convinced that the sun rose for only you today.

>

> I don't see anything illogical about it ... Anet saw an underserved market and made a game that served that market. Clearly that bet paid off for them. It makes sense for them to serve that market in all modes of the game.

how so?

theres a lot less players than before..?

oh do you mean because they sold a few skins at the expense of an entire game mode? well then yes, they did a bang up job.

I get both sides... Youre happy now that you can enjoy the toddler version of open world pvp and anput is unhappy because now its official that PvE maps present more danger than our self proclaimed watered down open world PvP has become.

to top it all off... there are thousands of pve dragon games on the market but we only had 1 good realm v realm available till recently.

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > > > >

> > > > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> > > >

> > > > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> > >

> > > do you tell people in open world pve they are playing the game wrong too?

> > >

> > > WvW was open world pvp for 6 years, then a mount was introduced that changed the foundation of the game mode.. Then and only then according to you we started playing the game mode right?

> > >

> > > you realise thats incredibly illogical right?

> > > thats like being convinced that the sun rose for only you today.

> >

> > I don't see anything illogical about it ... Anet saw an underserved market and made a game that served that market. Clearly that bet paid off for them. It makes sense for them to serve that market in all modes of the game.

>

> how so?

> theres a lot less players than before..?

Bingo ... the people that stay will be better served by Anet when those that think they know best how the game should work leave.

> @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> > > > >

> > > > > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> > > >

> > > > do you tell people in open world pve they are playing the game wrong too?

> > > >

> > > > WvW was open world pvp for 6 years, then a mount was introduced that changed the foundation of the game mode.. Then and only then according to you we started playing the game mode right?

> > > >

> > > > you realise thats incredibly illogical right?

> > > > thats like being convinced that the sun rose for only you today.

> > >

> > > I don't see anything illogical about it ... Anet saw an underserved market and made a game that served that market. Clearly that bet paid off for them. It makes sense for them to serve that market in all modes of the game.

> >

> > how so?

> > theres a lot less players than before..?

>

> Bingo ... the people that stay will be better served by Anet when those that think they know best how the game should work leave.

the people who stay are running out of friends to play with.. what makes you think they'll stay for 6 or more years like the dedicated WvW players did?

I see most have already returned to PvE.. Have you got some insider knowledge on when they'll be back?

> > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > @"sephiroth.4217" said:

> > > > > > @"Obtena.7952" said:

> > > > > > > @"Anput.4620" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"Karnasis.6892" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I mean, it's a waste of their time when you won't leave the boundaries of your keep. Here's how this would go down, they push into you and either one of 5 things will happen here. Also I assume that's you and not a random youtube vid.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > That's a video I quoted. What kind of assumption is that?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It's more of a quip that "the come out of your structure" crowd often outnumbers the defending side. It's possible that the defenders would just run back in the tower, but in most cases if they're like that, they wouldn't come out at all and start building siege. Staring contests aren't uncommon, basically.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > And yea, if a fight happens, one side wins or loses or runs away. I see. But so?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > @"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:

> > > > > > > > > > @"ArchonWing.9480" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > @"Dawdler.8521" said:

> > > > > > > > > > > I'm not sure soulbeast is helping people to be brave either.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Typical "fite crew" expecting you to push when they outnumber you; when people are asking why people aren't coming to fight them, this is what happens.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I feel like a lot of people overthink this stuff. I don't have any statistics or proof to support myself but, whether I'm the one with the numbers or the one hugging the objective, I'm just doing it because I enjoy the combat. As soon as it stops being fun, I leave. I know some people look for fights to be annoying but as far as I'm concerned, most people do it for the same reason I do. No one is forcing anyone to fight yet people sure love to label others gankers/trolls etc. when they're the ones willingly engaging in these situations. All it is to me is people being sore losers and looking for a way to comfort themselves over their losses. It's not like actual spawn camping is a thing in this game so it is very much a matter of "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I think you're in the minority from my observations.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What I am saying is that a lot of people are playing a game mode that has PvP but don't actually want to fight despite all the bravado that gets spewed out The very existence of posts calling people gankers or posts unironically telling me that WvW is not about player vs player combat is evident enough. And this shows up in actions as well as words. I've seen entire zergs jump off a cliff after ninjaing a tower because well, losing in a game mode almost nobody cares about is terrible.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I mean, look at this very forum. A good chunk is about players talking about how they shouldn't be able to be killed. And this post is about failing to attack some pver doing their dailies. Is it no surprise that outsiders see this all as a joke?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Oh someone finally gets it.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > The people that 'get it' are simply playing the wrong game. It's astounding to see how many people come here, claim Anet is doing it wrong, then get in a big huff because Anet continue to serve the market of players that this game appeals to. No, you really don't get it. The reason the game works as it does is because Anet recognize there is a segment of the market that WANT this kind of content. Maybe that offends your competitive PVP sensibilities ... the reality is that your sensibilities don't matter more than Anet serving their player base. You simply aren't willing to believe there is a game out there that is successful in providing THIS kind of content to people. Believe it .... it's been happening for 7 years. It's no different in PVE either ... if you want a more traditional approach to PVP gaming, you need to find a new game. This doesn't deliver that at the level you are looking for and it never will.

> > > > >

> > > > > do you tell people in open world pve they are playing the game wrong too?

> > > > >

> > > > > WvW was open world pvp for 6 years, then a mount was introduced that changed the foundation of the game mode.. Then and only then according to you we started playing the game mode right?

> > > > >

> > > > > you realise thats incredibly illogical right?

> > > > > thats like being convinced that the sun rose for only you today.

> > > >

> > > > I don't see anything illogical about it ... Anet saw an underserved market and made a game that served that market. Clearly that bet paid off for them. It makes sense for them to serve that market in all modes of the game.

> > >

> > > how so?

> > > theres a lot less players than before..?

> >

> > Bingo ... the people that stay will be better served by Anet when those that think they know best how the game should work leave.

>

> the people who stay are running out of friends to play with.. what makes you think they'll stay for 6 or more years like the dedicated WvW players did?

I don't have data to know if that's true or how long people stay in the game ... and you don't either. Furthermore, even among WvW there isn't general concensus that Warclaw is bad ... that's PREDOMINANTLY among roamers that aren't willing to adapt their play .... so really the pool of people you are talking about is not as significant in number as you like to make it sound. People leave games all the time. If Anet can continue to serve the people that stay, they are more likely to stay. I know this will rub your fur the wrong way but ... just maybe this special population of 'dedicated WvW players' that you are eluding to aren't as important as you make it out to be for this business.

You can stay angry all you want about Warclaw, but it's here. There's only two choices ... adapt and stay to see what happens or just say you adapted and quit.