Your DPS is Trash

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

> > > >

> > > > and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

> > >

> > > 15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

> >

> > 15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

> >

> > now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

> >

> >

>

> Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

>

> A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

>

> But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:

> 0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k

> 3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)

> 8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

yeah when you're hitting like a punching bag.

compare that to fighting actual mobs that actually fight backs..

(and now you have probably a clue on how i play my warrior given those characteristics that i said right? and its damage per second right?)

do you want to know the real answer? MY DPS VARIES coz of those factors that i considered. i didn't even put there the players that i meld into or team with. obviously in the latters case, my dps goes up.. and if you consider all of your time spent (getting that second factor), damage will depend on the terrain and the time to reach into the boss right?

So what is DPS again? arcdps doesn't calculate Damage within an Instance per second. it calculates numbers that it can round of to Damage to a mob per second.

you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

yes?

why did i posted that picture for you to estimate what gear i am using.

anyway, so arcdps doesn't calculate the DPS that I need. so why should I use it?

so what has been REVEALED in this post? EVEN superspeed, swiftness and teleports add up to the total DPS.

• Replies 448
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

> > > > >

> > > > > and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

> > > >

> > > > 15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

> > >

> > > 15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

> > >

> > > now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

> > >

> > >

> >

> > Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

> >

> > A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

> >

> > But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:

> > 0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k

> > 3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)

> > 8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

>

> yeah when you're hitting like a punching bag.

>

> compare that to fighting actual mobs that actually fight backs..

>

> (and now you have probably a clue on how i play my warrior given those characteristics that i said right? and its damage per second right?)

>

> do you want to know the real answer? MY DPS VARIES coz of those factors that i considered. i didn't even put there the players that i meld into or team with. obviously in the latters case, my dps goes up.. and if you consider all of your time spent (getting that second factor), damage will depend on the terrain and the time to reach into the boss right?

>

> So what is DPS again? arcdps doesn't calculate Damage within an Instance per second. it calculates numbers that it can round of to Damage to a mob per second.

>

> you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

>

> yes?

>

> why did i posted that picture for you to estimate what gear i am using.

>

> anyway, so arcdps doesn't calculate the DPS that I need. so why should I use it?

>

> so what has been REVEALED in this post? EVEN superspeed, swiftness and teleports add up to the total DPS.

You shouldn't use arc in WvW. Nobody ever said you should...

As to PvE, encounters are scripted, learning an encounter to have as good an uptime of damage as possible is part of becoming better at the encounter. Builds are measured by their possible dps on the golem and as such theoretically possible damage on a raid or fractal boss.

But even that is not relevant since this thread is about arcdps and performance on ACTUAL fights where it shows past performance.

Thus your entire variable dps argument is nonsense.

> you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

ArcDPS starts counting when you start the boss fight. It stops counting when the boss is dead, it's not rocket science. There is no time to reach a boss they are right in front of you.

The funny thing is all those variables are removed if you fight the golem, which doesn't fight back the poor thing.

If you want to compare DPS on actual encounters (not WVW bosses, but actual bosses that take skill and strategy to fight) you use this: https://www.gw2raidar.com/info-releasenotes

For example you can use this link: https://www.gw2raidar.com/global_stats/area-15438 to compare your DPS with other human beings. You figure out on which percentage you are compared to the raiding community. By the way the top 99% percentile dps on Vale Guardian for a Warrior is 19740 but that's against a MUCH harder boss than those WVW easy modes.

So you either go to the golem and show us a picture of the DPS, or you go in an actual Raid and ask from the leader to send you the logs. That's the only way to compare your DPS, and the only way to backup your claims. Unless you do either of these you have zero arguments to backup your claims and your DPS is simply trash.

Honestly, I think the amount of "your dmg is bad" groups are grossly exaggerated. Most groups I encounter are happy as long as you stay quiet and just do the mechanics properly.

Any group nitpicking dps in t3 fractal is an isolated incident. Rather, I would check their AP and see how much they have. Chances are it's just some noobs who think they are baddass because they imitate the raiders, but are too new to raid themselves.

> @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

>

> ArcDPS starts counting when you start the boss fight. It stops counting when the boss is dead, it's not rocket science. There is no time to reach a boss they are right in front of you.

backup this claim. i want hard evidence (disasm of the of the dll and convert that to c) that shows its calculating the Damage done in total Instance duration and if it exludes the extra mobs in total calculation.

unless you're the programmer of arcdps, just show fragments/snippets that will describe, not only to myself, but to others, that total Damage of the instance/second is actually the one that is being calculated Arcdps.

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

> >

> > ArcDPS starts counting when you start the boss fight. It stops counting when the boss is dead, it's not rocket science. There is no time to reach a boss they are right in front of you.

>

> backup this claim. i want hard evidence (disasm of the of the dll and convert that to c) that shows its calculating the Damage done in total Instance duration and if it exludes the extra mobs in total calculation.

>

> unless you're the programmer of arcdps, just show fragments/snippets that will describe, not only to myself, but to others, that my Damage that is being calculated is the same as arcdps.

.... when entering a fight in dungeons, fractals or raids, the entire group gets put into combat. That's when arcdps starts couting. This is absolute game basics...

BUT you can check this. Put on arcdps, go to the damage golem in the raid area. Do a rotation and see for yourself that the damage per second the game informs you you have IS THE SAME AS arcs.

The games damage golem and the readout the game provides every 20% of golem life is IDENTICAL with what arcdps displays.

You are grasping for straws my man and the vast lack of your game understanding is showing.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > > you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

> > > > >

> > > > > 15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

> > > >

> > > > 15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

> > > >

> > > > now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

> > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > > Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

> > >

> > > A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

> > >

> > > But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:

> > > 0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k

> > > 3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)

> > > 8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

> >

> > yeah when you're hitting like a punching bag.

> >

> > compare that to fighting actual mobs that actually fight backs..

> >

> > (and now you have probably a clue on how i play my warrior given those characteristics that i said right? and its damage per second right?)

> >

> > do you want to know the real answer? MY DPS VARIES coz of those factors that i considered. i didn't even put there the players that i meld into or team with. obviously in the latters case, my dps goes up.. and if you consider all of your time spent (getting that second factor), damage will depend on the terrain and the time to reach into the boss right?

> >

> > So what is DPS again? arcdps doesn't calculate Damage within an Instance per second. it calculates numbers that it can round of to Damage to a mob per second.

> >

> > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

> >

> > yes?

> >

> > why did i posted that picture for you to estimate what gear i am using.

> >

> > anyway, so arcdps doesn't calculate the DPS that I need. so why should I use it?

> >

> > so what has been REVEALED in this post? EVEN superspeed, swiftness and teleports add up to the total DPS.

>

> You shouldn't use arc in WvW. Nobody ever said you should...

>

> As to PvE, encounters are scripted, learning an encounter to have as good an uptime of damage as possible is part of becoming better at the encounter. Builds are measured by their possible dps on the golem and as such theoretically possible damage on a raid or fractal boss.

>

> But even that is not relevant since this thread is about arcdps and performance on ACTUAL fights where it shows past performance.

>

> Thus your entire variable dps argument is nonsense.

you cannot just isolate the DPS based on the boss. yes you know the dmg done to the boss but did it included the time when you got cced hard, blindness, conditions?

AND THE ACTUAL TIME THAT YOU REACHED TO THE BOSS AND STARTED HITTING IT?

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > > > you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

> > > > >

> > > > > 15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

> > > > >

> > > > > now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

> > > >

> > > > A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

> > > >

> > > > But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:

> > > > 0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k

> > > > 3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)

> > > > 8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

> > >

> > > yeah when you're hitting like a punching bag.

> > >

> > > compare that to fighting actual mobs that actually fight backs..

> > >

> > > (and now you have probably a clue on how i play my warrior given those characteristics that i said right? and its damage per second right?)

> > >

> > > do you want to know the real answer? MY DPS VARIES coz of those factors that i considered. i didn't even put there the players that i meld into or team with. obviously in the latters case, my dps goes up.. and if you consider all of your time spent (getting that second factor), damage will depend on the terrain and the time to reach into the boss right?

> > >

> > > So what is DPS again? arcdps doesn't calculate Damage within an Instance per second. it calculates numbers that it can round of to Damage to a mob per second.

> > >

> > > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

> > >

> > > yes?

> > >

> > > why did i posted that picture for you to estimate what gear i am using.

> > >

> > > anyway, so arcdps doesn't calculate the DPS that I need. so why should I use it?

> > >

> > > so what has been REVEALED in this post? EVEN superspeed, swiftness and teleports add up to the total DPS.

> >

> > You shouldn't use arc in WvW. Nobody ever said you should...

> >

> > As to PvE, encounters are scripted, learning an encounter to have as good an uptime of damage as possible is part of becoming better at the encounter. Builds are measured by their possible dps on the golem and as such theoretically possible damage on a raid or fractal boss.

> >

> > But even that is not relevant since this thread is about arcdps and performance on ACTUAL fights where it shows past performance.

> >

> > Thus your entire variable dps argument is nonsense.

>

> you cannot just isolate the DPS based on the boss. yes you know the dmg done to the boss but did it included the time when you got cced hard, blindness, conditions?

>

> AND THE ACTUAL TIME THAT YOU REACHED TO THE BOSS AND STARTED HITTING IT?

The time is the same for everyone... If someone is faster at reaching the boss they get to do damage earlier, their dps is better. The timer for each boss starts exactly at the same time for everyone. Yes, it did include the time reaching the boss. The dps given for each raid boss is always total damage over total time. If you take longer to get to the boss, you did less damage while others did more.

You are really reaching man.

> @"Kain Francois.4328" said:

> Honestly, I think the amount of "your dmg is bad" groups are grossly exaggerated. Most groups I encounter are happy as long as you stay quiet and just do the mechanics properly.

>

> Any group nitpicking dps in t3 fractal is an isolated incident. Rather, I would check their AP and see how much they have. Chances are it's just some noobs who think they are baddass because they imitate the raiders, but are too new to raid themselves.

AP isn't related to skill at all though, i got fractal god with a bit over 5k AP and always been a tryhard pve'r on MMO's but never cared for achievements, even 40k AP or fractal god/raid titles don't mean much IMO. Started playing jan/2018 but was out for 5 months so been playing for roughly 1 year.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

> > >

> > > ArcDPS starts counting when you start the boss fight. It stops counting when the boss is dead, it's not rocket science. There is no time to reach a boss they are right in front of you.

> >

> > backup this claim. i want hard evidence (disasm of the of the dll and convert that to c) that shows its calculating the Damage done in total Instance duration and if it exludes the extra mobs in total calculation.

> >

> > unless you're the programmer of arcdps, just show fragments/snippets that will describe, not only to myself, but to others, that my Damage that is being calculated is the same as arcdps.

>

> .... when entering a fight in dungeons, fractals or raids, the entire group gets put into combat. That's when arcdps starts couting. This is absolute game basics...

>

> BUT you can check this. Put on arcdps, go to the damage golem in the raid area. Do a rotation and see for yourself that the damage per second the game informs you you have IS THE SAME AS arcs.

>

> The games damage golem and the readout the game provides every 20% of golem life is IDENTICAL with what arcdps displays.

>

> You are grasping for straws my man and the vast lack of your game understanding is showing.

show me a release/documentation text that describes ArcDPS doing this.

and it seems funny that you claim that it does what i said and compare that to what was said.

SCAN ALL THE ARCDPS THREADS/POSTs HERE in the Whole Forums and tell me that it does calculate Total Damage done in the instance per second.

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > > > > you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > 15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

> > > > > >

> > > > > > now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

> > > > >

> > > > > A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

> > > > >

> > > > > But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:

> > > > > 0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k

> > > > > 3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)

> > > > > 8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

> > > >

> > > > yeah when you're hitting like a punching bag.

> > > >

> > > > compare that to fighting actual mobs that actually fight backs..

> > > >

> > > > (and now you have probably a clue on how i play my warrior given those characteristics that i said right? and its damage per second right?)

> > > >

> > > > do you want to know the real answer? MY DPS VARIES coz of those factors that i considered. i didn't even put there the players that i meld into or team with. obviously in the latters case, my dps goes up.. and if you consider all of your time spent (getting that second factor), damage will depend on the terrain and the time to reach into the boss right?

> > > >

> > > > So what is DPS again? arcdps doesn't calculate Damage within an Instance per second. it calculates numbers that it can round of to Damage to a mob per second.

> > > >

> > > > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

> > > >

> > > > yes?

> > > >

> > > > why did i posted that picture for you to estimate what gear i am using.

> > > >

> > > > anyway, so arcdps doesn't calculate the DPS that I need. so why should I use it?

> > > >

> > > > so what has been REVEALED in this post? EVEN superspeed, swiftness and teleports add up to the total DPS.

> > >

> > > You shouldn't use arc in WvW. Nobody ever said you should...

> > >

> > > As to PvE, encounters are scripted, learning an encounter to have as good an uptime of damage as possible is part of becoming better at the encounter. Builds are measured by their possible dps on the golem and as such theoretically possible damage on a raid or fractal boss.

> > >

> > > But even that is not relevant since this thread is about arcdps and performance on ACTUAL fights where it shows past performance.

> > >

> > > Thus your entire variable dps argument is nonsense.

> >

> > you cannot just isolate the DPS based on the boss. yes you know the dmg done to the boss but did it included the time when you got cced hard, blindness, conditions?

> >

> > AND THE ACTUAL TIME THAT YOU REACHED TO THE BOSS AND STARTED HITTING IT?

>

> The time is the same for everyone... If someone is faster at reaching the boss they get to do damage earlier, their dps is better. The timer for each boss starts exactly at the same time for everyone. Yes, it did include the time reaching the boss. The dps given for each raid boss is always total damage over total time. If you take longer to get to the boss, you did less damage while others did more.

>

> You are really reaching man.

HARD EVIDENCE PLEASE.

OTHERWISE, SOME FAKE NEWS.

> > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> > > > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > > > > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > > > > > > > @"zionophir.6845" said:

> > > > > > > > > you are claiming that you are pro in mathematics right? derive the components from that 15k skill 2 gs on a Vet in WvWvW (vet guard) without food and no vuln applied/9 might.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > and from there calculate my DPS. you can even use arcdps for that (just remote it [this is much easier i think]).

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > 15k is from a single skill that doesn't show how much damage the rest of your skills do. So go and actually count it it's not really hard to do. Start to back up your claims.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > 15k skill 2 on a vet ~ 9 might. i have berserker stance (no condi/adren++), heal sig (+resistance). i don't equip the adrenaline gain when hit trait. might makes right, all zerks, when i hit crit, i gain might (trait/sigil). rune of the eagle, balanced stance (traited/stance length++) stun breakers (endure pain/balanced stance[traits]+skills]..

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > now do your wonder and ESTIMATE my DPS with ALL THAT FACTORS.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dps stands for damage per second and is often measured in damage Y over time index T.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > A single hit from a skill which goes on cooldown (and thus is not available again) and without knowledge of the remaining rotation used and how well it is executed as well as setup of the character is literally impossible by definition.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > But sure, given all the information provided your dps for the first 11.5 seconds is as follows:

> > > > > > 0-3.5 seconds: 4.28k

> > > > > > 3.5-7 seconds: 2.14k (since Greatsword 2 is on cooldown and you did not specify which skills you use)

> > > > > > 8-11.5 seconds: 2.6k

> > > > >

> > > > > yeah when you're hitting like a punching bag.

> > > > >

> > > > > compare that to fighting actual mobs that actually fight backs..

> > > > >

> > > > > (and now you have probably a clue on how i play my warrior given those characteristics that i said right? and its damage per second right?)

> > > > >

> > > > > do you want to know the real answer? MY DPS VARIES coz of those factors that i considered. i didn't even put there the players that i meld into or team with. obviously in the latters case, my dps goes up.. and if you consider all of your time spent (getting that second factor), damage will depend on the terrain and the time to reach into the boss right?

> > > > >

> > > > > So what is DPS again? arcdps doesn't calculate Damage within an Instance per second. it calculates numbers that it can round of to Damage to a mob per second.

> > > > >

> > > > > you were talking DPS right? the damage factor should obviously involve starting the instance at time zero.

> > > > >

> > > > > yes?

> > > > >

> > > > > why did i posted that picture for you to estimate what gear i am using.

> > > > >

> > > > > anyway, so arcdps doesn't calculate the DPS that I need. so why should I use it?

> > > > >

> > > > > so what has been REVEALED in this post? EVEN superspeed, swiftness and teleports add up to the total DPS.

> > > >

> > > > You shouldn't use arc in WvW. Nobody ever said you should...

> > > >

> > > > As to PvE, encounters are scripted, learning an encounter to have as good an uptime of damage as possible is part of becoming better at the encounter. Builds are measured by their possible dps on the golem and as such theoretically possible damage on a raid or fractal boss.

> > > >

> > > > But even that is not relevant since this thread is about arcdps and performance on ACTUAL fights where it shows past performance.

> > > >

> > > > Thus your entire variable dps argument is nonsense.

> > >

> > > you cannot just isolate the DPS based on the boss. yes you know the dmg done to the boss but did it included the time when you got cced hard, blindness, conditions?

> > >

> > > AND THE ACTUAL TIME THAT YOU REACHED TO THE BOSS AND STARTED HITTING IT?

> >

> > The time is the same for everyone... If someone is faster at reaching the boss they get to do damage earlier, their dps is better. The timer for each boss starts exactly at the same time for everyone. Yes, it did include the time reaching the boss. The dps given for each raid boss is always total damage over total time. If you take longer to get to the boss, you did less damage while others did more.

> >

> > You are really reaching man.

>

> HARD EVIDENCE PLEASE.

>

> OTHERWISE, SOME FAKE NEWS.

Nope, I'm done entertaining you and your insane antics. You provide nothing of substance but demand all the time. Thanks for this, at least any one reading this thread will know of how much value your input is.

> > HARD EVIDENCE PLEASE.

> >

> > OTHERWISE, SOME FAKE NEWS.

>

> Still waiting for yours.

i don't use arcdps.

you use arcdps.

and you claim that it works as what i said.

how would i prove that?

of course from arcdps users..

so yeah? Prove yours coz i said that my "DPS Varies"

what is to prove when my "DPS Varies"? you want to see maxed damage, balanced damage or lowest damage. i can even prove my dps to you by removing my armor..

so yeah, prove that it works like what i said.

prove your claim. remember, i am not only watching you.. there are others...

Just quickly download Arc and test it out yourself instead of sitting in the forums shouting like a incredulous child for people to prove the most basic understanding of the game and DPS Meters to you.

> tell me that it does calculate Total Damage done in the instance per second.

How would that be useful at all? Full Raid clears take hours, people take breaks to grab a drink, go to the toilet, swap characters, all of which would be a "DPS drop" in your eyes with that definition of DPS, which would be utterly useless as stat to compare with others.

That's also exactly why it doesn't matter if the golem fights back or not, as it's just a means to establish a common baseline for comparisons.

Everybody knows that actual DPS in Raids is lower than golem benchmarks, that's not the point of them though.

How can you be so antagonistic with something you know so little about.

You have no idea how DPS Meters work (or even just what DPS means), how people use them and why, yet you keep ranting on and on about how they are toxic and useless.

Some people really are just allergic to education and married to ignorance I guess.

In my experience it's almost never the good high end players who frequent difficult content that are toxic, but exactly people like you who think they know it all while being utterly clueless, reacting with hostility to any attempt to reason with or educate them.

There is a reason casual T3 Fractals, filled with people who think they are the kings of "DPS" because they never used a DPS Meter are a toxic cesspit compared to CM's and Raids, where people actually care to learn and improve.

> @"Mordayn.6198" said:

> > @"HnRkLnXqZ.1870" said:

> > As far as I understood the dps meters functionality, it collects data of players which are already accessible. Can we have a privacy checkbox in our options?

> >

> > Something like

> > O Allow other players to read out your combat log. (or what ever the meter uses)

> >

> > The meter will not be touched, but the players can decide if they want to participate in the madness or not. And if you are monitoring your groups dps and do not get data of a single participant, you can ask them politely to check the box.

>

> Man, that's actually a great idea. I wonder how hard it would be for them to implement something like that. That would allow you to be able to still see your own dps but other players wouldn't if you choose not to have it visible, letting the tool exist for what it's meant for but being able to take the part that facilitates toxic behavior away if you chose to.

that would be a crap idea

combat data is not only limited to damage. arcdps is not only limited to damage

what about incomming healing? it is shown in our combat log, without arcdps so how will you stop that

your data was never private, the sooner you accept that, the better

> @"Asum.4960" said:

> Just quickly download Arc and test it out yourself instead of sitting in the forums shouting like a incredulous child for people to prove the most basic understanding of the game and DPS Meters to you.

>

> > tell me that it does calculate Total Damage done in the instance per second.

>

> How would that be useful at all? Raid clears take hours, people take breaks to grab a drink, go to the toilet, swap characters, all of which would be a "DPS drop" in your eyes with that definition of DPS, which would be utterly useless as stat to compare with others.

>

> That's also exactly why it doesn't matter if the golem fights back or not, as it's just a means to establish a common baseline for comparisons.

> Everybody knows that actual DPS in Raids is lower than golem benchmarks, that's not the point of them though.

>

> How can you be so antagonistic with something you know so little about.

>

> You have no idea how DPS Meters work (or even just what DPS means), how people use them and why, yet you keep ranting on and on about how they are toxic and useless.

> Some people really are just allergic to education and married to ignorance I guess.

>

> In my experience it's almost never the good high end players who frequent difficult content that are toxic, but exactly people like you who think they know it all while being utterly clueless, reacting with hostility to any attempt to reason with or educate them.

>

> There is a reason casual T3 Fractals, filled with people who think they are the kings of "DPS" because they never used a DPS Meter are a toxic cesspit compared to CM's and Raids, where people actually care to learn and improve.

>

so you just disproved maddoctor and Cyninja's claims

aka they are just inventing stuff out of their imaginations..

would i thank you?

go talk to them and say "sorry, i snitched."

> how would i prove that?

go to the kitty golem it counts your dps without the need for ArcDPS. I already said that but you ignore it for some reason. I bet your dps on the kitty golem (which is stationary, you don't even have to dodge) is worse than my dps in actual fights. Go try the golem and I'll show you from actual fights, we can compare, you know I'll show you dps from bosses that actually move and fight back, and you'll show your dps on a stationary golem that doesn't fight back.

> so you just disproved maddoctor and Cyninja's claims

> aka they are just inventing stuff out of their imaginations..

>

> would i thank you?

>

> go talk to them and say "sorry, i snitched."

-

> @"Cyninja.2954" said:

> when entering a fight in dungeons, fractals or raids, the entire group gets put into combat. That's when arcdps starts couting. This is absolute game basics...

Is exactly what they said and exactly what it does.

Are you actually reading what people are trying to tell you?

> > how would i prove that?

>

> go to the kitty golem it counts your dps without the need for ArcDPS. I already said that but you ignore it for some reason. I bet your dps on the kitty golem (which is stationary, you don't even have to dodge) is worse than my dps in actual fights. Go try the golem and I'll show you from actual fights, we can compare, you know I'll show you dps from bosses that actually move and fight back, and you'll show your dps on a stationary golem that doesn't fight back.

i said my DPS varies. so that fight alone is done.

I said Damage should be calculated during the duration of the instance (even asserting that teleportation, swiftness and superspeed affect that DPS.)

you said that is the case.

and Asum assumed that it is not..

so in your pile, you are not consistent.

and from that, how do you know that their claims are fake news?

if some admits and one of that some says otherwise.

Easy Game, guise.

> i said my DPS varies. so that fight alone is done.

It shouldn't vary on a stationary kitty golem, if it varies it means your dps is trash and you are a bad player. Damage is calculated from when the fight starts, not when the instance starts, I already said that

> > @"maddoctor.2738" said:

> > > how would i prove that?

> >

> > go to the kitty golem it counts your dps without the need for ArcDPS. I already said that but you ignore it for some reason. I bet your dps on the kitty golem (which is stationary, you don't even have to dodge) is worse than my dps in actual fights. Go try the golem and I'll show you from actual fights, we can compare, you know I'll show you dps from bosses that actually move and fight back, and you'll show your dps on a stationary golem that doesn't fight back.

>

> i said my DPS varies. so that fight alone is done.

>

> I said Damage should be calculated during the duration of the instance (even asserting that teleportation, swiftness and superspeed affect that DPS.)

>

> you said that is the case.

>

> and Asum assumed that it is not..

>

> so in your pile, you are not consistent.

>

> and from that, how do you know that their claims are fake news?

>

> if some admits and one of that some says otherwise.

>

> Easy Game, guise.

>

>

So you are basically admitting that you never even entered a Raid in order to encounter any toxic players using ArcDPS which kept you from raiding?

Because otherwise you would know that you are not in combat for the entirety of the Raid from the moment you enter it, which is, as everybody else stated, when Arc starts up to collect information.

It's actually incredible how with every single post you make you expose more and more how clueless about the game you are, which I didn't believe was possible many many posts ago.

It's been a fun ride. I hope others get a kick out of this Thread too ;)

> @"Carcharoth Lucian.1378" said:> To add some sources (and maybe come back to the main subject) : > By Chris Cleary (GM Shazbot) : >

>
(his reddit account was deleted since)Thank you. Much appreciated.After some further research I found another thread about the topic, where people refer to another statement of Mr. Cleary> The current implementation of DPS meters is nothing more than a **re-presentation of information already being transmitted by the game server to all clients** in the reporting radius. **Combat data** does not have player ownership as it **is being generated by the game server and then transmitted in order to update the status of the world state**.>

> **Essentially since the server is running a calculation/simulation based on actions by all the clients in the area, it owns the subsequent reporting of all calculations.**>

> This is different for situations like chat, where there is no impact or simulation necessary and essentially is a forwarding service that the server is simply handling the reporting of the client action.So there is even a technical reason why the data is shared. I hereby revoke my request.