Holographic Wep...Anet reusing 'meshes' from Legendary weps

> @"The Angle of Deth.2985" said:

> Why are you doing this again?

>

> Some years back a lot of us bought outfits from the gem shop that people complained was using a cultural armor mesh. It was taken back from those who had purchased it. And now Anet is reusing meshes from Legendary weps? What the kitten? Either meshes should not be reused or give us back the outfit that was removed from us that purchased it.

>

> Be consistent.

>

Looks like someone woke up and needed to invent a reason to complain

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Have you ever seen anyone running around wielding precurseors? Because I sure haven't.

I regularly use "The Legend" (Bifrost precursor). I like the design, but don't care for all the stoopid footsteps, and the particle effects that obscure my character's nice armor or make me look like a walking nuclear accident. I've considered a couple others, but I'm mostly a one main character person these days. At least one other person posted earlier that they use a precursor as well. If you care to send me a precursor, I'll run around wielding it in front of you as often as you like. No footprints, no problems!

(In keeping with the thread, the Legend is the first Holographic Weapon I picked up as well. So I have a second staff that glows in the dark whenever I get scared and need a nightlight).

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

> Have you ever seen anyone running around wielding precurseors? Because I sure haven't.

The first legendary I completed, Bifrost, I totally ran around with Legend(made the hard way) until I completed Bifrost. That said, I adore the holographic versions and don't begrudge anyone their holographic Legend.

Indeed, some blessed soul saw me with it, and after finding out which part I was on, sent me some of the more difficult materials. I saved the mail, which had said, "One Bifrost owner to another" and once I completed it(A good six months later, all those t6 mats!) I sent another reply, indicating I finally was a Bifrost owner. They were still in game. I dunno, the whole interaction gave me warm fuzzies. Because of it, a random stranger being nice, I do try to do the same, some days with more success than others.

I also use the pre for HOPE on my Holosmith, she isn't going to have the full bling going but it's a very nice pistol shape. For these holo-weapons, at least in preview they share nothing with the pre's they mimic besides the shape. No one's going to think they are something that took a lot of time, gold, or luck to own. Meanwhile it's entirely fitting for Tyrian tech to make these imitations, just as it makes minis.

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Hannelore.8153" said:

> > > @"Turkeyspit.3965" said:

> > > > @"Tarlonniel.6534" said:

> > > > I think they're neat. I'd like a full holographic armor set too so I could give 'em all to my holosmith.

> > >

> > > But...you'd be like...showing your undies to everyone :(

> >

> > Most light classes do that already (which for the record, I like).

>

> Only on female characters, which is disgustingly sexist.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/images/6/61/Elonian_Elementalist_Outfit.jpg

> @"Westenev.5289" said:

Just off the top of my head I use:

* Chaos Gun Experiment

* Chaos Gun

* Tooth of Frostfang

* Claw of Retribution

* The Ambush

* The Bard Experiment

I tend to prefer precursors over legendaries as you have to all but build a character's look around a legendary while precursors can fit into an already established look.

As for the topic at hand, I have no issue with the holographic weapons. I quite like them and don't think it diminishes the precursor skins. Most are already really cheap and MMO's recycle assets all the time, and it's not the first time they've re-tooled precursor skins. I'd rather we get the wrapped and holographic holiday skins than the haunted one from Halloween.