It's time to change the rank point system

yanniell.1236

![](https://pasteboard.co/IoSp0OB.png "")

At this point, we all can agree that the matchmaking is kinda poop, right? So, take a look at these games and points gained/lost.

380 - 500 = -16

500 - 434 = +10

Why would I lose -16 on a somewhat balanced game, and in the next game, gain only +10 for an even more balanced match? Your matchmaking pooped.

433 - 500 = -14

502 - 440 = +6

Again, two good games. There's no reason to lose two times more points. Matchmaking again pooped its prediction about the match.

Since we all agree matchmaking is not doing a good job most of the time, it's time to change the points gained/lost system. It can't rely solely on matchmaking's predictions, since it's wrong most of the time. We need to add a "+ match results" to the equation.

If the matchmaking predicted an easy win, and it was a de facto easy win, then you give less points, like +6, for example.

If the matchmaking predicted an easy win, but it was a balanced match, then the equation should take into consideration that, maybe, the matchmaking was wrong, and give a little more points than it would normally give as now, like +10, for example.

You keep doing it to every possible scenario (mm prediction + actual match) and points gained/lost will be more fair (fairer?).

This is the best way to diminish the bad matchmaking impact on our matches.

I agree aomething needs to be done....my experiance last night was -19 points on a game where i lost by no less then 50 points...but when i win game within the same amount of point last night id win +9. The point system in this game is made of baad code, and it need revisions asap.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/PvP_Matchmaking_Algorithm

The score in the end really has nothing to do with the prediction. Also the ratings in the teammates/opponents will matter towards the matchs rating value (wether you are carrying, or being carried).

From your high rating loss on defeat, and low gain on a victory I assume you are fairly high rated. I'd be surprised if you are below plat.

The mmr algorithm tries to pinpoint your current rating value, and from recent games move you towards it. The algorithm is fair in the longrun.

Edit: By the way ,they apparently had matchprediction until 12/13/2016 according to the wiki.