Legendary Gear

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Again, Raids are separated from the rest of the PvE experience so it isn't PvE at all.

Separated by who?

Not by the devs.

Not by anyone who understands what the acronym stands for.

By people who are creating an artificial barrier in order to bolster a weak and tired argument.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I'm relativelly new to the game, can't tell the difference between pvp or WvW, don't really care either since I'll never be setting foot on those. The proposal was to make the item avaiable in pve content and not escalate to a discussion if some is that or not.

Few things got me upset on this quest

1-even if I coud finish the sword I have other toons that uses Greatsword Build, I would never be able to do it again because one iten is locked on the achievement of the light capture thing.

2-the jp part that some times I needed to do, one of the most anoying features of GW2. Sometimes I was lucky and found some kind mesmer that had a toon on the spot, for this I admit I'm too clunsy

3-hours of grinding, farming, giving away stuff for npcs and I can't even profit from it, since essence of illumination is locked due reason #1

4-I have an axe and a longbow on early stages, I will forfit them since they're also locked the same way of the others

Pretty sure the upcoming legendary runes might be limited as well, so no a game to everyone. Saying as a player and former Ragnarok scripter, no game should ever lock gear / weapons / mounts to specific game mode, for example:

-why warclaw can't be summoned in open world? Is it afraid? I read a lot of complains prior to warclaw mount of people of WvW that didn't want a mount in there

I do believe leg gear should be hard to craft but the only requirement should be dedication (or gold for the richies).

I think you are mixing up a few things. Once youve unlocked a skin, like from a legendary or any other item youve bound to yourself, it becomes available for all chars on your account for transmog.

And you can profit from it if you sell your crafted legendary . Gen1 legendaries can be sold on TP. Gen 2 cannot.

And why do you think you are forfeiting things? Makes no sense.

Warclaw can be summoned in open world. Perhaps you tried to summon it in a story instance that did not allow mounts?

And legendaries takes dedication. If you struggle getting the gift of battle. Aquire wvw boosters, as well getting the wvw buff from guild hall. And frequently theres wvw events which increased gains.

> @"Murkalael.6713" said:

> Well, I'm relativelly new to the game, can't tell the difference between pvp or WvW, don't really care either since I'll never be setting foot on those. The proposal was to make the item avaiable in pve content and not escalate to a discussion if some is that or not.

At /least/ four folks have given you ways to get the gift of battle without setting foot into wvw. Have you tried this?

> Few things got me upset on this quest

> 1-even if I coud finish the sword I have other toons that uses Greatsword Build, I would never be able to do it again because one iten is locked on the achievement of the light capture thing.

Legendary items are not soulbound. I have only one Moot, but my characters share it since they both swap builds and I don't feel like crafting three more ascended maces. OR as someone mentioned above, you can simply change the appearance of another greatsword. Voila. No one will know the difference unless you link it. Doesn't even need to be ascended.

> 2-the jp part that some times I needed to do, one of the most anoying features of GW2. Sometimes I was lucky and found some kind mesmer that had a toon on the spot, for this I admit I'm too clunsy

I'm clumsy too, bless Mesmers, but except in one case for Dusk, these were not in wvw or pvp areas. And the Obsidium Sanctum one is generally deserted anyway.

> 3-hours of grinding, farming, giving away stuff for npcs and I can't even profit from it, since essence of illumination is locked due reason #1

Well, legendaries are only profitable if you sell the final result. Then they are VERY profitable. But how, you might say? You finish crafting your Sunrise, sell it for a couple thousand gold, BUY a Dawn, craft again, profit. I've made and sold two Flameseeker Prophecies thus far.

> 4-I have an axe and a longbow on early stages, I will forfit them since they're also locked the same way of the others

>

Locked how? Oh, the Gift of Battle? Again, these are possible without going into wvw.

> Pretty sure the upcoming legendary runes might be limited as well, so no a game to everyone. Saying as a player and former Ragnarok scripter, no game should ever lock gear / weapons / mounts to specific game mode, for example:

Pretty sure, just like legendary armor, and all the gen weapons except for the first 4 gen 2, you can craft multiples.

> -why warclaw can't be summoned in open world? Is it afraid? I read a lot of complains prior to warclaw mount of people of WvW that didn't want a mount in there

>

I /can/ summon my Warclaw, but since out of wvw he is slow and awkward and can't jump, poor kitty, he stays in wvw for me. However, you WOULD be required to enter wvw for him. Doesn't take long to get the fellow, can be gotten easily in about 6 hours(I don't use all the boosts).

> I do believe leg gear should be hard to craft but the only requirement should be dedication (or gold for the richies).

>

Almost all the things you're complaining about ARE dedication. I mean, if you remove the things you are NOT complaining about that leaves uh. Fractals? You complained about: wvw, pvp, material grind, and jump puzzles.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Again, Raids are separated from the rest of the PvE experience so it isn't PvE at all.

> Separated by who?

> Not by the devs.

> Not by anyone who understands what the acronym stands for.

>

> By people who are creating an artificial barrier in order to bolster a weak and tired argument.

Not as weak an argument as claiming that people wanting rewards in their game mode is the exact same as them wanting it easy.

PvP and WvW were each given Legendary armor focused on how they play PvP. I don't see why Raiders and PvE players can't each have their own avenue to that goal.

> Not as weak an argument as claiming that people wanting rewards in their game mode is the exact same as them wanting it easy.

Saying that you want the top rewards from PVE content but don't want to play the most challenging part in order to get it is saying exactly that.

> > @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> > > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > > Again, Raids are separated from the rest of the PvE experience so it isn't PvE at all.

> > Separated by who?

> > Not by the devs.

> > Not by anyone who understands what the acronym stands for.

> >

> > By people who are creating an artificial barrier in order to bolster a weak and tired argument.

>

> Not as weak an argument as claiming that people wanting rewards in their game mode is the exact same as them wanting it easy.

>

> PvP and WvW were each given Legendary armor focused on how they play PvP. I don't see why Raiders and PvE players can't each have their own avenue to that goal.

Raiders are PvE players.