Suggestions

Upgrade-able storage bags.

Monthly small holidays to condense the masses. Holidays can also be used for other purposes like, give less frequented maps more traffic, introduce new additions or revisions to existing maps, introduce new maps, intro new features, have group boss fights, crafting or obtaining things guide week, free give-a ways events, shopping day, WvW or shop events, dungeons fractals raids events, mounts legendaries events...taco Tuesday...armor weapons week..novelties and upgrades.

Upgradeable, as in... greater capacity? (which already exists, but is soulbound), customizable auto-sort? slot-locking? special/specific item stacking? share-ability? stealing all of my ideas with an "all of the above and more"? Think it through, dude!

Okay, let's talk about a bag that gains capacity through upgrades:

How would one upgrade it? are the upgrades account-wide? unique per character? per bag? (with everything each of those implies)

does it use Upgrade Slots and slot items? and if so, how is that different than using different bags?

are they Crafted into better versions of themselves? and if so, how is that different than crafting new bags?

do they use some sort of Mastery or XP system? and what would constitute bag-leveling XP? how does this scale? where does it start, so players don't just ignore it and buy/craft bigger bags?

do you use the Moon Stone and evolve Clefairy into Clefable (have single-use upgrade items)? and if so, how is *that* upgrade item different than just using a new bag?

I'm not trying to criticize, I'm trying to help flesh this out. We'll worry about viability later.

Bag ideas? Sure, whatever, if you have sooo much gold you dont know what to do with it.

As for more events etc to condense the population, I'm actually against that 100%. Any time there is an event, festival, new collection etc, that does condense the population, majority just do that thing and the rest of the content is just harder to find a group for/devoid of players.

It's a once (within a window frame of time) event a month, the rest of the time you have for uncondensed do whatever.

Individual upgrades and mastery upgrades would be good. Maybe add 5 slots at a time for small and chewable upgrades for individual bags. Masteries would upgrade maybe 1 or 2 container slot for 1 bag slot across all characters for each level of mastery.

Crafting old bags into new upgrade-able bags would be one avenue of upgrades and should be the least costly way if you have the easy to get non-timegated mats. The mystic forge would cost a little more if your craft skills are not up to par. Then vender upgrading would probably be the more costly way but probably the easiest way with the least requirements.

Bags could also be upgraded with item slots like armor to give shiny now graphical looks like auras and step graphics etc.

Crafted bags would be trade-able.

Vendor and mystic bags can be re-crafted also to enhance them.

>Bags could also be upgraded with item slots like armor to give shiny now graphical looks like auras

I have to wonder how many people would actually want visual effects when they open their inventory (examples: flashing lights, confetti, flames, various animations) which is only visible to them when they’re only want to salvage and sell.