Suggestion: New Mount [Underwater Mount]

So we all have unique mounts that traverse the landscape of Tyria, but one I think could be a great addition: An Underwater Mount. Yes we have the skimmer, but that traverses the quicksand and surfaces of water. Although, we are left stranded to swim on our own in the depths of the water. Perhaps we could go underwater in the new contents of the game or even expansions. Perhaps this new mount could help us lead to new lands that are untouched from land dwellers. Just an Idea..

Many players have suggested this already and we're probably going to get an underwater mount in a water themed (or at least heavily featuring water terrains) LWS5+ episode, as that's pretty much the only major mount left to add at this point.

Very unlikely to be in an expac, since mounts are PoF content.

Well perhaps in Living World Season 5 it could be possible for this mount to be added, as you said: "pretty much the only major mount left to add at this point."

Also, I would like to add that I'm quite new to the forums so I was not able to discover any forums discussing it as I'm terribly bad looking through the forums. Thanks for the input that others have discussed about it.

Underwater content is divisive for this playerbase. A small vocal group enjoys it very much, while the rest of the players seem to avoid or actively dislike it. Arenanet has responded to this by simply creating less of this content.

We've seen nothing but a lessening of the amount of underwater map space since Core. Heart of Thorns has one map with any decent amount of underwater space (Tangled Depths) and most of that is empty and unfinished-feeling.

While a few maps have a token dive for a poi or mastery point, I can't remember the last map that even had a dynamic event underwater.

Ember Bay has a lot of space for underwater content, as does Sandswept Isles. Draconis Mons, Siren's Landing and Istan. All of these maps have little more than a few token ambient mobs and a gathering node or two.

Draconis Mons even invents a reason that we can't go into the water at all.

Path of Fire gave us a mount that makes it easy to bypass even swimming... and then it was buffed to make it even better for flat out skipping underwater content if we choose.

You're likely setting yourself up for disappointment if you start expecting they will magically reverse course for some reason.

I'd love an underwater mount and I hope we get one eventually.

They did make some efforts a while ago to improve underwater combat and to encourage players to play underwater more (adding the krait treasurer hunters and the achievement for finding all the chests) and I'm hoping this is one step in an on-going process to improve underwater play. It's something which is relatively unusual, especially among MMOs I've played (admittedly that's not many) and I'd love to see it used more - not necessarily a whole expansion or even a whole map but at least more underwater areas.

> @"NazeyBunniesXD.7812" said:

> Well perhaps in Living World Season 5 it could be possible for this mount to be added, as you said: "pretty much the only major mount left to add at this point."

> Also, I would like to add that I'm quite new to the forums so I was not able to discover any forums discussing it as I'm terribly bad looking through the forums. Thanks for the input that others have discussed about it.

New to the forums here too. I also haven't really seen any discussions about it recently but in game in map chat, I've come across a discussion of underwater mounts more than a couple of times so maybe that's what they were referring to?

Either way, highly agreeing that an underwater mount would be great fun. While I'm a part of the group that isn't a fan of underwater content (at least on my main thief. It's great fun with my ranger at least and would probably encourage me to play the content on other characters instead of just my main....), a map with a large portion of it being underwater to highlight it's underwater mount would be an interesting play. Also would open up the matter of "you need to get used to underwater/play it more in order to master it and find it fun" idea. I'd be more than willing to happily tackle a mostly water map if we got an underwater mount that added to the underwater experience. And knowing Anet, they'd probably do a great job with making it look good too. Some of the serene "sanctuary" like places of Tyria always leave me in awe, and the ocean sanctuary in the bottom right corner of Mount Maelstrom is definitely one of my favorites. It'd be nice to see a map that's filled with both underwater sanctuaries and overtaken environments.

> @"Aru.4156" said:

> > @"NazeyBunniesXD.7812" said:

> > Well perhaps in Living World Season 5 it could be possible for this mount to be added, as you said: "pretty much the only major mount left to add at this point."

> > Also, I would like to add that I'm quite new to the forums so I was not able to discover any forums discussing it as I'm terribly bad looking through the forums. Thanks for the input that others have discussed about it.

>

> New to the forums here too. I also haven't really seen any discussions about it recently but in game in map chat, I've come across a discussion of underwater mounts more than a couple of times so maybe that's what they were referring to?

>

> Either way, highly agreeing that an underwater mount would be great fun. While I'm a part of the group that isn't a fan of underwater content (at least on my main thief. It's great fun with my ranger at least and would probably encourage me to play the content on other characters instead of just my main....), a map with a large portion of it being underwater to highlight it's underwater mount would be an interesting play. Also would open up the matter of "you need to get used to underwater/play it more in order to master it and find it fun" idea. I'd be more than willing to happily tackle a mostly water map if we got an underwater mount that added to the underwater experience. And knowing Anet, they'd probably do a great job with making it look good too. Some of the serene "sanctuary" like places of Tyria always leave me in awe, and the ocean sanctuary in the bottom right corner of Mount Maelstrom is definitely one of my favorites. It'd be nice to see a map that's filled with both underwater sanctuaries and overtaken environments.

Just type 'underwater mounts' in the Search bar (upper right) for a list of just some of the threads regarding that topic.

Good luck.

> @"mindcircus.1506" said:

> Underwater content is divisive for this playerbase. A small vocal group enjoys it very much, while the rest of the players seem to avoid or actively dislike it. Arenanet has responded to this by simply creating less of this content.

>

I'll be a vocal supporter of underwater content when I no longer see this:

![](https://i.imgur.com/nj70ZX3.jpg "")

I can live with only having access to specific weapons, but when a good portion of my utilities don't work well, or don't work at all, what's the point?