Here's hoping for Build Templates tomorrow...

I just... I just don't think I can handle the anti-QoL that Legendary Runes will be if they don't get released alongside build templates... Changing legendary armor stats mid raid is already a click-fest chore if you're not using ARCtemplates, and legendary runes will literally double the clicks/dropdown-menu-selection effort.

I know it's a first-world problem, like "QQ, guy with legendary armor has to manually change the stats." But it's kind of sad that MOST PEOPLE who craft legendaries end up also carrying around ascended pieces for their offsets because the QoL is so bad. (Or just rolling a second mesmer or whatever to change characters instead of dealing with re-statting.)

> @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> There's no way they wouldn't announce build templates beforehand. If they're close to done, then most likely scenario is that they're going to be the centerpiece of the August 30th announcement.

If that is the case, then Legendary Runes are going to be the grossest thing ever and they should have flipped the development process on this... If they released Templates first, people would realize how awesome legrunes could be... But by releasing it this way, it will only shine a light on the complete lack of QoL in the entire restatable gear system.

> There's no way they wouldn't announce build templates beforehand.

Definitely agree.

My theory is that Legendary Upgrades are a final or near-final step on the path to changing the game to make templates possible. I think it's likely that they have broken the changes into stages to be able to better modulate the economic impact, to allow for unpredictable bugs in each subsystem (and the interactions between) to be caught and fixed, and to be able to make QoL adjustments as needed.

This doesn't guarantee that the final result is going to be better than using ArcDPS; it just makes it more likely.

> If they're close to done, then most likely scenario is that they're going to be the centerpiece of the August 30th announcement.

Maybe you meant it's going to be one of several talking points. I've wanted build loadouts as much as anyone, but I hardly think it's a make-or-break feature worth a 45 minute presentation.

Still, I'm not assuming it's tied to LS5 specifically. I think they'll release build templates when it's ready, and focus the 30 August announcement on things that we don't yet know about their plans. Otherwise, it's not worth them taking a huge chunk of their time.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > If they're close to done, then most likely scenario is that they're going to be the centerpiece of the August 30th announcement.

> Maybe you meant it's going to be one of several talking points. I've wanted build loadouts as much as anyone, but I hardly think it's a make-or-break feature worth a 45 minute presentation.

>

> Still, I'm not assuming it's tied to LS5 specifically. I think they'll release build templates when it's ready, and focus the 30 August announcement on things that we don't yet know about their plans. Otherwise, it's not worth them taking a huge chunk of their time.

[see my post here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/995324/#Comment_995324) for what I think the whole of the 45 minutes will be.

Being a centerpiece != taking the majority of the time.

> > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > If they're close to done, then most likely scenario is that they're going to be the centerpiece of the August 30th announcement.

> > Maybe you meant it's going to be one of several talking points. I've wanted build loadouts as much as anyone, but I hardly think it's a make-or-break feature worth a 45 minute presentation.

> >

> > Still, I'm not assuming it's tied to LS5 specifically. I think they'll release build templates when it's ready, and focus the 30 August announcement on things that we don't yet know about their plans. Otherwise, it's not worth them taking a huge chunk of their time.

>

> [see my post here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/995324/#Comment_995324) for what I think the whole of the 45 minutes will be.

>

> Being a centerpiece != taking the majority of the time.

By definition, there's only one centerpiece, regardless of how much space (time) it occupies ("an item, issue, etc. intended to be a focus of attention"). Your actual description only mentions "templates" as a footnote to "details of how things will function." tl;dr you've described a feature, perhaps even a major one. A centerpiece would dominate everything else, it would be the reason for the the existence of a formal presentation, as opposed to a blog or preview.

Again, I'm not disagreeing that it could be part of the presentation. I'm just doubting that it will be the focus of ANet's attention.

> @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > @"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:

> > > > @"Konig Des Todes.2086" said:

> > > > If they're close to done, then most likely scenario is that they're going to be the centerpiece of the August 30th announcement.

> > > Maybe you meant it's going to be one of several talking points. I've wanted build loadouts as much as anyone, but I hardly think it's a make-or-break feature worth a 45 minute presentation.

> > >

> > > Still, I'm not assuming it's tied to LS5 specifically. I think they'll release build templates when it's ready, and focus the 30 August announcement on things that we don't yet know about their plans. Otherwise, it's not worth them taking a huge chunk of their time.

> >

> > [see my post here](https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/995324/#Comment_995324) for what I think the whole of the 45 minutes will be.

> >

> > Being a centerpiece != taking the majority of the time.

>

> By definition, there's only one centerpiece, regardless of how much space (time) it occupies ("an item, issue, etc. intended to be a focus of attention"). Your actual description only mentions "templates" as a footnote to "details of how things will function." tl;dr you've described a feature, perhaps even a major one. A centerpiece would dominate everything else, it would be the reason for the the existence of a formal presentation, as opposed to a blog or preview.

>

> Again, I'm not disagreeing that it could be part of the presentation. I'm just doubting that it will be the focus of ANet's attention.

The reason it was a "footnote" in that post is because that post was focused on timespans of topic, but I'd say 20 minutes out of 45 focused on three or four things with the most talked about no being build templates, while the remaining 25 minutes is split among thrice as many items, would indeed make it the centerpiece.

Season 5 is known. Unless they're adding elite specializations during Season 5, there's not much about it that could be a focus. Of all the things suggested, hinted, stated, or implied to be in development, build templates are _the_ most desired thing besides an expansion, but an expansion would follow Season 5 and be a year to a year and a half away.

As I see it, the announcement will either be glorifying something few care about, coming out of left field, or making the build templates as the centerpiece while still covering some other things.