Zephyrite Supply Boxes Change In Price?

When the festival released last year, I was sure that the material cost of each supply box was static. However this year I've noticed that for some reason the prices have changed every couple hours. For example at the start to get 1 box it was 60 silk scraps, but now it's 85. I've seen that fluctuate twice.

Anyone know what's going on? Are the prices dynamically changing? Or is Anet adjusting the prices to better fit the current supply of materials? Or was the wiki/gw2efficiency wrong on the cost?

Yea prices went up this year, I expected that to happen last year anet. Or even add PoF mats that no one uses. but i guess that wont happen cause its not core tyria.

I don't think your suppose to buy mats for those boxes at the beginning of the event. TP prices were higher day before and at release vs later that night, now they are sliding down. in the next couple days will it go back up or down? is the question. But since there is no new content, no reason really for people to bother. so yea, money loss looks like.

i spent 10 lucent crystals only to realize after the 2min update the bar didn't update and the contribution got wiped. after 20mins of watching it. nothing had changed and i left LA. Looks like you'll need poop tons to get that bar to move or its a time thing? I didn't bother to flush my money on that, I let others do it for me :D

I assume its a one time event to get maxed, if not uhhgs that's horrible.