Chrono vs Mirage. Who wins?

EremiteAngel.9765

I still think Mirage is really good into blobs of players as long as you have a staff with you, certainly much better than base mesmer. However, when you have Chrono as the contending elite spec it's kinda difficult to warrant it except for preference in those larger scale things. But I do think each has their niche, and it can be really fun to try to make the most out of the staff, at least for me.

However in 1v1 I do feel like mirage has a major advantage assuming equal skill. But, Chrono is like built to fit in a team so it's not exactly a surprise.

The more I'm playing mirage the more I'm finding it to be surprisingly survivable when built in the right way.

In some ways I feel I have more sustain than chrono, even without shield, and I'm not overly reliant on stealth aside from providing occasional breathing room.

Evade spam, while not on the level of DD, is still strong.

> @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > Okay. I tried dueling with some similarly skilled players in PvP settings.

> >

> > My current feeling is that chrono has the clear advantage in a 1v1. (Condi chrono vs condi mirage of course)

> >

> > If chrono takes shield, there is no way mirage can win unless chrono messed up really badly. There are simply too many defensive utilties + cleanse for mirage to hit through chrono's defense.

> >

> > Mirage does have bigger burst but it really doesn't matter how high stack of confusion you can get if enemy cleanses them with ease. Between well of eternity, shatter, continuum split and signet of illusion. There is way too much cleanse for mirage to get the damage in.

> >

> > Chrono doesn't have a lot of damage. But it is enough to gradually wear mirage down. However, mirage shouldn't die with the amount of disengage he has.

>

> If someone dies, then it's chrono in my opinion. In general dying should be rare yeah.

Still, it is pretty hard for that to happen. Maybe you can catch a chrono off-guard when he is low on CD.

Just count the sheer amount of condi cleanse chrono have:

Well of eternity = 2 + 1 cleanses

Shatter F1-4 = 4 cleanses

signet of illusion refreshes shatter CD = another 4 cleanses

F5 resets everything....

Shatter even heals.

As for damage avoidance, mirage is only slightly better with high vigor uptime. But chrono also has shield. I don't see major difference there.

Mirage has decent cleanses through jaunt + dodge on cleanse + torch skill. You can sustain quite a bit but eventually you will concede cap and then getting wear down.

Chrono does a lot of small burst instead one or two big bursts that mirage does.

Mirage can burst with F1+F2+torch+jaunt but then you are out of CDs and have to wait quite a bit of time to do damage again.

> @Exciton.8942 said:

> > @FaboBabo.3581 said:

> > > @Exciton.8942 said:

> > > Okay. I tried dueling with some similarly skilled players in PvP settings.

> > >

> > > My current feeling is that chrono has the clear advantage in a 1v1. (Condi chrono vs condi mirage of course)

> > >

> > > If chrono takes shield, there is no way mirage can win unless chrono messed up really badly. There are simply too many defensive utilties + cleanse for mirage to hit through chrono's defense.

> > >

> > > Mirage does have bigger burst but it really doesn't matter how high stack of confusion you can get if enemy cleanses them with ease. Between well of eternity, shatter, continuum split and signet of illusion. There is way too much cleanse for mirage to get the damage in.

> > >

> > > Chrono doesn't have a lot of damage. But it is enough to gradually wear mirage down. However, mirage shouldn't die with the amount of disengage he has.

> >

> > If someone dies, then it's chrono in my opinion. In general dying should be rare yeah.

>

> Still, it is pretty hard for that to happen. Maybe you can catch a chrono off-guard when he is low on CD.

>

> Just count the sheer amount of condi cleanse chrono have:

> Well of eternity = 2 + 1 cleanses

> Shatter F1-4 = 4 cleanses

> signet of illusion refreshes shatter CD = another 4 cleanses

> F5 resets everything....

>

> Shatter even heals.

>

> As for damage avoidance, mirage is only slightly better with high vigor uptime. But chrono also has shield. I don't see major difference there.

>

> Mirage has decent cleanses through jaunt + dodge on cleanse + torch skill. You can sustain quite a bit but eventually you will concede cap and then getting wear down.

> Chrono does a lot of small burst instead one or two big bursts that mirage does.

>

> Mirage can burst with F1+F2+torch+jaunt but then you are out of CDs and have to wait quite a bit of time to do damage again.

Axe 2 and 3 have low cooldown when traited and can keep up good sustained damage around shatter cooldowns which allows you to pressure on point.

I currently feel safer with on demand maximised evade (and reflect) compared with shield block. Able to contest the cap for good amount of time without stealth and not worried about unblockables either.