Which One Shatters Better? Chrono or Mirage? (PvP)

Lethion.8745

Power Shatter build works good in both of elite specs. Chronophantasma, Illusionary Reversion, Alacrity and Continuum Split allows Chrono to use shatters more often. Also shield grants great cc and defense options with additional phantasms. On the other hand, Mirage Cloak and its related traits increases its survivability a lot. Also GS ambush skill is a nice skill to go especially when you need damage and your shatters in cd. I couldn't decide which one works better **in PvP** and I want to hear your opinions. Which one is better? Mirage or Chrono?

Strictly on which class shatters better in the power shatter build, I have to give it to Mirage. the nature of mirage cloak, ambushes, and jaunt gives you a lot more burst with less windup in the combo, and I've found it's easier to kill people with Mirage power shatter. However, if you take utility into account, Chrono offers a lot of pure utility in PvP, and serious arguments could be made that that utility makes it the better overall pvp build. I think it's a wash right now, the balance tipped in favor of Mirage by being a more fun to play currently.

Mirage has constant Clone production with self deception, sword ambush.

Chrono has to produce Phantasms, or at least 3 illusions to produce more illusions.

This means Mirage has an easier time producing the 3 Illusions (in my opinion)

While at the same Time Chrono's Shatters are untouchable.

Superspeed on Shatter is one of the best Shatter Traits ever. I realized this as i walked away from Chrono to Mirage, after i've been playing Chrono exclusiv in WvW as Roaming Shatter Build.

So i give this to Chrono tbh.

Both, Chrono and Mirage have no Problem producing Illusions like its Christmas (i think Mirage has it a bit easier, but at a specific Point it doesnt Matter, since Shatters have cooldowns) Chrono has shorter Shatter cooldowns through alacrity, and hits it more reliable through superspeed on shatter.

@FaboBabo.3581 Exactly my toughts. Mirage can spam a bit more illusions but Chrono can shatter more often and it can spam enough illusions to use this adventage. So when it comes to "shattering" chrono looks better but seems like mirage is a better duelist because of mirage cloak.

Hands down chrono shatters better. Alacrity gets your shatters off CD faster, you get F5 which is not only a 5th shatter, but allows you to double up on all of your shatters, and superspeed to your illusions when you shatter guarantees they land it. Mirage can pump clones out, and in a power shatter build it might be more effective (though doubtful, since you lose all of the sustain from chrono, and I'm not convinced that mirage cloak makes up for it), but chrono shatters better.

PvP id say chrono. For PvE id say mirage.

Chrono has better survivability, still good mobility and good cleanses.

Mirage has tons of mobility, but to actually exceed as a mirage in PvP you need the stunbreak trait GM which guts your backstab potential and throws the deception aspect out of the room because its clearly visible who the actual mesmer is.

you don't play shatter in pve , if you really want something related to shatter play in pve , just use HI and set clone to do burst dmg then shatter (almost same build as raid build but take HI instead).

for pvp , chrono is far better for reasons others already said .and we only have good elite with chrono f5 anyway

> @musu.9205 said:

> you don't play shatter in pve , if you really want something related to shatter play in pve , just use HI and set clone to do burst dmg then shatter (almost same build as raid build but take HI instead).

> for pvp , chrono is far better for reasons others already said .and we only have good elite with chrono f5 anyway

>

Why not? In open world everything is good and with shatter build axe/torch + staff with some mixed gear Viper and Trailblazer I can dish enough damage. In instances like raids it won't work, but in open world? Everything is good as long as it works. Besides still better than full dps Eles just lying everywhere :D.

> @musu.9205 said:

> you don't play shatter in pve , if you really want something related to shatter play in pve , just use HI and set clone to do burst dmg then shatter (almost same build as raid build but take HI instead).

>

I do this with GS and Miror İmages (to benefit from IH) for PvE and I can say it has the highest dmg output for mesmer (for a non-condi build). Just you need to be carefull with when you shatter your phanstamal berserker.