Lily of the Elon: Direct City Access?

Djinn.9245

> @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

I enjoy the place, particularly as someone who was **NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A PASS**.

This was an order perk, it makes sense that due to it's easy access that it is not designed as compact as the other pass areas.

You didn't have to buy the Lily of Elon, it acts as a quick portal to Crystal Oasis, it's smaller than the run around LA.

If you never intended to buy a pass ever because you thought it was a waste of money when you could:

- Go to any city for less cost and just do the same stuff there

- Felt it cost too much money for something you could access for free

**Then Lily of Elon is perfect for you**, you get the perks and it hardly cost you anything more than what you were probably going to do anyway because you were buying the game anyway. It would be nice to have that doorway open for a little more of convenience sake, but we have mounts so getting past is easy enough.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @Ider.1276 said:

> > > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > Ah yes, I forgot about the Lava Lounge - is that the only "Deluxe Area" that is not connected to a large city?

> > There is also captain's airship pass and noble folly. Both are basicly high up on the edge of the maps.

>

> Ok, I looked on the Wiki and Lava Lounge, Captain's Airship, and Noble Folly all have an Asura Gate that will take you to any major city for free.

No, the Captain's Airship does not have Asura Gates that will take you to other cities.

But the helmsman on the airship will take you to six major cities, if you ask him. :)

I like the airship the most, because everything is near by and the map loads fast.

I like it for what it is, but the Lily on Ebon placement is woeful.

No one in their right mind would _ever_ make something as beautiful as that in sight of a desalination plant. Those pipes are hardly pleasing to the eye, and to get into the city (using the path provided) we have to actually go over them. Zalambur was clearly drinking too much Elonian Wine when he gave the approval for the location. Madness.

> @onevstheworld.2419 said:

> @"Djinn.9245" LoE actually does have free transport to the other cities too. It's not an asura gate but one of the NPCs with an ecto-like symbol above his head (not the gambling one).

Right - to the *other* cities. My question (the OP) has always been about Amnoon: why do we have to get into Amnoon in such a roundabout way from something that is supposed to be a perk?

>

> From Zalambur's point if view, it all makes sense. If I were him, I'd close the door. I'd rather not have these randoms riding their lizards and rabbits through my office either. Maybe someone can bribe his guard to absent mindedly forget to lock it.

Don't forget that Anet created both the Lily and the layout of Amnoon. Anet put Zalambur's office there when they could easily have put it somewhere else in order to allow players who paid for the Lily to enter the city more easily. I just don't understand why they didn't do that.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

>

> I enjoy the place, particularly as someone who was **NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A PASS**.

> This was an order perk, it makes sense that due to it's easy access that it is not designed as compact as the other pass areas.

> You didn't have to buy the Lily of Elon, it acts as a quick portal to Crystal Oasis, it's smaller than the run around LA.

> If you never intended to buy a pass ever because you thought it was a waste of money when you could:

> - Go to any city for less cost and just do the same stuff there

> - Felt it cost too much money for something you could access for free

>

> **Then Lily of Elon is perfect for you**, you get the perks and it hardly cost you anything more than what you were probably going to do anyway because you were buying the game anyway. It would be nice to have that doorway open for a little more of convenience sake, but we have mounts so getting past is easy enough.

Don't forget that this isn't likely to be the only time the Lily is offered for sale. Anet is likely to put the pass on the Gemstore in the future. With that in mind, "it's the worst of all the passes but I wasn't going to buy a pass anyway" isn't exactly a great selling point.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > > This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

> >

> > I enjoy the place, particularly as someone who was **NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A PASS**.

> > This was an order perk, it makes sense that due to it's easy access that it is not designed as compact as the other pass areas.

> > You didn't have to buy the Lily of Elon, it acts as a quick portal to Crystal Oasis, it's smaller than the run around LA.

> > If you never intended to buy a pass ever because you thought it was a waste of money when you could:

> > - Go to any city for less cost and just do the same stuff there

> > - Felt it cost too much money for something you could access for free

> >

> > **Then Lily of Elon is perfect for you**, you get the perks and it hardly cost you anything more than what you were probably going to do anyway because you were buying the game anyway. It would be nice to have that doorway open for a little more of convenience sake, but we have mounts so getting past is easy enough.

>

> Don't forget that this isn't likely to be the only time the Lily is offered for sale. Anet is likely to put the pass on the Gemstore in the future. With that in mind, "it's the worst of all the passes but I wasn't going to buy a pass anyway" isn't exactly a great selling point.

Why would they need to sell it later on? It is an item with the deluxe addition, which means once they offer the deluxe addition for gems later down the track it means that they should never have to sell it on it's own for profit. Passes are expensive, no one in their right mind would buy Lily of the Elon pass when they could just get the deluxe addition for gems and get more from it.

Secondly, you need to have actually been to Amnoon via the story before you can use the pass so it is definitely intended to only work if you have PoF deluxe addition purchased. It is doubtful they will sell the pass on its own.

> @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > > > This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

> > >

> > > I enjoy the place, particularly as someone who was **NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A PASS**.

> > > This was an order perk, it makes sense that due to it's easy access that it is not designed as compact as the other pass areas.

> > > You didn't have to buy the Lily of Elon, it acts as a quick portal to Crystal Oasis, it's smaller than the run around LA.

> > > If you never intended to buy a pass ever because you thought it was a waste of money when you could:

> > > - Go to any city for less cost and just do the same stuff there

> > > - Felt it cost too much money for something you could access for free

> > >

> > > **Then Lily of Elon is perfect for you**, you get the perks and it hardly cost you anything more than what you were probably going to do anyway because you were buying the game anyway. It would be nice to have that doorway open for a little more of convenience sake, but we have mounts so getting past is easy enough.

> >

> > Don't forget that this isn't likely to be the only time the Lily is offered for sale. Anet is likely to put the pass on the Gemstore in the future. With that in mind, "it's the worst of all the passes but I wasn't going to buy a pass anyway" isn't exactly a great selling point.

>

> Why would they need to sell it later on? It is an item with the deluxe addition, which means once they offer the deluxe addition for gems later down the track it means that they should never have to sell it on it's own for profit. Passes are expensive, no one in their right mind would buy Lily of the Elon pass when they could just get the deluxe addition for gems and get more from it.

> Secondly, you need to have actually been to Amnoon via the story before you can use the pass so it is definitely intended to only work if you have PoF deluxe addition purchased. It is doubtful they will sell the pass on its own.

This is probably true, but I imagine they are going to continue to sell it with the PoF expansion. And the same goes for it being a selling point there.

I am sure they will sell plenty of edition upgrades just for people to get the pass. How many people have asked so far how to get to the new zones on their alts? It is in anet's interest to never sell the pass on its own as people want access and they want it in the cheapest way possible.

The worst thing is that it's an inventory item... so everytime I bank it on one toon and log into to another to go there... I log back in to the first toon and get booted out... and then have to TP to a bank somewhere and repeat...

**Make it an account unlock, not an inventory item.**

> @Kichwas.7152 said:

> The worst thing is that it's an inventory item... so everytime I bank it on one toon and log into to another to go there... I log back in to the first toon and get booted out... and then have to TP to a bank somewhere and repeat...

>

> **Make it an account unlock, not an inventory item.**

I actually put mine in one of the shared inventory slots I have. That way all my toons can use it without problems.

> @Kichwas.7152 said:

> The worst thing is that it's an inventory item... so everytime I bank it on one toon and log into to another to go there... I log back in to the first toon and get booted out... and then have to TP to a bank somewhere and repeat...

>

That's how all these passes work. Stick it in a shared inventory slot.

> @Kichwas.7152 said:

>

Unfortunately, with the introduction of shared inventory slots in the gemstore it isn't likely that Anet will ever convert passes to unlocks. :anguished:

I had a Divinity Reach 2 week pass about a month before PoF hit. That was the first time I ever had a pass (have the Lily and the Mists one, best one, now). That one was in the city, and took you to the city, and you could walk right outside...into the city. Lily feels to me like if the DR pass took you to where the grave yard was outside DR, and you had to run in.

But honestly, I just use it as a quick way to get to the new lands so when I then use a WP from there, it's not 72 silver, plus 20 silver for each additional bag I want to check.

I use that "Take Me To The Griffon Guy ... Thing" to go to that zone so I can fly over to get my daily grape because, yeah, I'm stingy and 'really' don't like paying 3s for a WP if I can help it. :cookie:

> @FrizzFreston.5290 said:

> Once your Springer mount can jump higher, you can jump over though. From there on out it's rather easy to get anywhere in Amnoon.

As has been said earlier in the thread, there are many ways to get into the city from the Lily of the Elon. My question is why you can't just go straight in since this is a special pass area. Instead you have to go out of your way to get in.

> @notebene.3190 said:

> I had a Divinity Reach 2 week pass about a month before PoF hit. That was the first time I ever had a pass (have the Lily and the Mists one, best one, now). That one was in the city, and took you to the city, and you could walk right outside...into the city. Lily feels to me like if the DR pass took you to where the grave yard was outside DR, and you had to run in.

Exactly my point :)

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @notebene.3190 said:

> > I had a Divinity Reach 2 week pass about a month before PoF hit. That was the first time I ever had a pass (have the Lily and the Mists one, best one, now). That one was in the city, and took you to the city, and you could walk right outside...into the city. Lily feels to me like if the DR pass took you to where the grave yard was outside DR, and you had to run in.

>

> Exactly my point :)

Wellll that's why I gave you a thumbs up, and then posted. I was helping! :#

Probably being said for the hundredth time somewhere, that door leads to Zalambur's office, so you can't just traipse through his office into the city now can you. Having said that it would certainly make sense for there to be some way more direct into the city, but it's not that big a deal since you really don't need to go into the city for much.

> @notebene.3190 said:

> > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > @notebene.3190 said:

> > > I had a Divinity Reach 2 week pass about a month before PoF hit. That was the first time I ever had a pass (have the Lily and the Mists one, best one, now). That one was in the city, and took you to the city, and you could walk right outside...into the city. Lily feels to me like if the DR pass took you to where the grave yard was outside DR, and you had to run in.

> >

> > Exactly my point :)

>

> Wellll that's why I gave you a thumbs up, and then posted. I was helping! :#

Yep, and I was agreeing with you :)

> @Zaklex.6308 said:

> Probably being said for the hundredth time somewhere, that door leads to Zalambur's office, so you can't just traipse through his office into the city now can you. Having said that it would certainly make sense for there to be some way more direct into the city, but it's not that big a deal since you really don't need to go into the city for much.

And as I already responded to that comment: "Don't forget that Anet created both the Lily and the layout of Amnoon. Anet put Zalambur's office there when they could easily have put it somewhere else in order to allow players who paid for the Lily to enter the city more easily. I just don't understand why they didn't do that."

> @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

Agreed. Everything is just so far apart and not set up in any sort of practical way. You have the main bank and guild bank on opposite sides. The mystic forge is on its own platform for some reason. The crafting area is upstairs - away from both the bank and AH. And then you have this giant area downstairs which is apparently entirely for the ecto gamble. It's just a building of inconvenience compared to the other VIP areas. The only thing I use it anymore is to get to PoF and as others have pointed out, even that isn't terribly convenient.

Putting a bank and AH on the second level would be an improvement, in addition to opening that door so we don't have to run around a pyramid.

> @Djinn.9245 said:

> > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > @Djinn.9245 said:

> > > > @hellsqueen.3045 said:

> > > > > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > > > > This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

> > > >

> > > > I enjoy the place, particularly as someone who was **NEVER EVER GOING TO BUY A PASS**.

> > > > This was an order perk, it makes sense that due to it's easy access that it is not designed as compact as the other pass areas.

> > > > You didn't have to buy the Lily of Elon, it acts as a quick portal to Crystal Oasis, it's smaller than the run around LA.

> > > > If you never intended to buy a pass ever because you thought it was a waste of money when you could:

> > > > - Go to any city for less cost and just do the same stuff there

> > > > - Felt it cost too much money for something you could access for free

> > > >

> > > > **Then Lily of Elon is perfect for you**, you get the perks and it hardly cost you anything more than what you were probably going to do anyway because you were buying the game anyway. It would be nice to have that doorway open for a little more of convenience sake, but we have mounts so getting past is easy enough.

> > >

> > > Don't forget that this isn't likely to be the only time the Lily is offered for sale. Anet is likely to put the pass on the Gemstore in the future. With that in mind, "it's the worst of all the passes but I wasn't going to buy a pass anyway" isn't exactly a great selling point.

> >

> > Why would they need to sell it later on? It is an item with the deluxe addition, which means once they offer the deluxe addition for gems later down the track it means that they should never have to sell it on it's own for profit. Passes are expensive, no one in their right mind would buy Lily of the Elon pass when they could just get the deluxe addition for gems and get more from it.

> > Secondly, you need to have actually been to Amnoon via the story before you can use the pass so it is definitely intended to only work if you have PoF deluxe addition purchased. It is doubtful they will sell the pass on its own.

>

> This is probably true, but I imagine they are going to continue to sell it with the PoF expansion. And the same goes for it being a selling point there.

You get a pass that pretty much everyone has access too. There is nothing special about the Lily of Elon because pretty everyone in a sense can get access to it.

It's like the equivalent of Lion's Arch at this point but better.

> @Cantatus.4065 said:

> > @JustTrogdor.7892 said:

> > This pass was very disappointing to me. IMO it is the worst pass out of all of them. Everything is spread out and it doesn't give the convenience of the others. It certainly doesn't feel like a luxury area that offers "convenience and comfort to those in the know". For me it really only works a quick portal to Crystal Oasis. I use my other passes for everything else. I wish Anet would consider a redesign.

>

> Agreed. Everything is just so far apart and not set up in any sort of practical way. You have the main bank and guild bank on opposite sides. The mystic forge is on its own platform for some reason. The crafting area is upstairs - away from both the bank and AH. And then you have this giant area downstairs which is apparently entirely for the ecto gamble. It's just a building of inconvenience compared to the other VIP areas. The only thing I use it anymore is to get to PoF and as others have pointed out, even that isn't terribly convenient.

>

> Putting a bank and AH on the second level would be an improvement, in addition to opening that door so we don't have to run around a pyramid.

This pass was not designed to be "exclusive" because that many people get access to it because it came with the expansion.

If you were someone who had never intended to buy a pass and you were happy running around Lion's Arch, you will love the Lily of Elon. It's better because everything is closer than LA and you can TP to it for nothing. If you have other passes, no wonder you would complain about the Lily of Elon, you have in some way access to the most convenient form of these areas because they were designed to actually be exclusive.