Either cancel 3 capture points or not allow Thief and Mesmer to enter PvP League

huluobo.7036

> @"Safandula.8723" said:

> Fact u made it to Plat with such logic hiding in ur head, makes me lose faith in competetive game modes

its in every game man, when you go to top 0,1% players in the game and guy goes afk becouse you didnt do what he wanted and you just feel shame in yourself and humanrace that the top 0,1% we have to offer is this dude.

> @"draxynnic.3719" said:

> I think the OP is complaining because of a string of bad thief/mesmer teammates, not that (s)he thinks they're overpowered.

I think so also. Though, as a Thief, I can confidently say that Thieves and Mesmers have no exclusive claim to being bad/poor/toxic teammates. It's all about the player, not the profession. The things I've seen teammates do... of all classes... I don't understand. And the sheer toxicity that they display (even when winning) is very depressing. I even get blamed for not doing things that I actually did... or for not doing things that I am not supposed to do.

> It _is_ annoying when you get stealthed by a mesmer or thief (or engineer) and lose/fail to cap the point because of it. That's probably more of a problem with stealth mechanics in general, though - would be nice if there was something you could do to deliberately drop stealth (special action key, perhaps?).

Now that is very annoying. I still don't understand why Anet won't give us a manual de-Stealth key for when you can't or don't want to hit anything. Even the Thief, the Master of Shadows, can't take itself out of Stealth on-demand without a Rifle. It's rather silly.

P.S. Hmm, this gives me an idea for a new trolling Thief skill. A smoke bomb that applies Stealth to only enemies! Sure, a Thief may not be able to force a foe off point, but it could at least keep the enemy from contesting the point! :-D

P.P.S. While it would certainly be most beneficial to a Thief, this problem could also be mostly solved if there were given a 3-second grace period after entering Stealth before you lost the ability to contest a point (probably with a 3-second cooldown while remaining visible to avoid exploits). It would certainly make Thieves' lives easier in PvP to be able to actually use Stealth attacks and Shadow Arts traits without losing the ability to contest.