I thought the trailer/ Ingame cinamatic and animation were good.

As someone who cares very much about story telling, I'm actually happy to see that anet is returning to a more darker direction. The return to Lovecraftian horror, as the dev puts it, and based on the design and tone of the monsters and ingame cinematic/trailer...i can say that this is a step in a positive direction, and i'm very happy that they will treat the story of the game much better than they did in previous seasons and expansions.

Just my opinion and prediction now, I hope that we get to see A LOT more people die. Too many characters are alive and doing stuff we don't really care about. We need bigger stakes and we need the story to take risks so that we actually CARE about what's happening. Biggest point in this game for me was when...

Spoiler Alerts Below---->

...When Brahm's mother died...Not only was it a big surprise, but you FELT something for both Brahm and for his mother...

Tybalt is another character we cared about that we lost...The only good story told in the human personal story and the only character i actually cared about.

So ya, what i always like to mention is that you need to GAME OF THRONES your story and start killing people...The pact should have been annihilated in heart of thorns...i think it's time to just annihilate whatever alliance is happening with "Dragon's Watch" or whatever it is because frankly, it has no significance to the emotional weight of the story.

I enjoyed the trailer and any Lovecraftian/Mountains of Madness/Arctic horror interests me a lot. I think a personal bias towards that can blinker me a bit to the overall lacklustre announcement.

I'm not in agreement they need to GoT it though. If it makes sense to the narrative, then sure death, fractured alliances and so forth, but GoT was a pretty bad series for me and I'm not a fan of stories trying to emulate it.

I did feel like a return what gave the Guild Wars franchise it's atmosphere though so maybe we can wipe clean LS4 and get back to something great again.

I doesn't actually feel that Lovecraftian to me.

To me, Lovecraftian Horror is mostly about the UNKNOWN, hidden entities and the fear they invoke just by existing. Those entities, that just being a tiny bit of info causes madness.

However, we already KNOW what the enemy's identity is and we have a good grasp of what they can do, the literal opposite to my understanding about Lovecraftian horror. Naturally, they can't go too deep into Horror either, with the game being rated for children.