Has Orr been cleansed? (New idea for adding new maps)

Luthan.5236

Now I saw some people suggesting stuff about low level maps and remembered one of my other ideas I had. When people were suggesting to bring back old LA I already thought of it.

I still play only core game without expansions. (That will change soon.) But I doubt - despite technically much ingame time that passed - that players that played through all expansions and living story got to see a cleansed and rebuilt Orr - or did they?

Instead of adding new maps to the unexplored parts of the game ... for future content I'd like to see different "layers" (timelines) for the same map. Maybe a toggle button or different colored waypoints .. on the world map. Taking you to a different version of the map. With new events and meta and story and stuff.

I'd really like to help rebuilding orr after cleansing it. I bet it's a beautiful place. And lots of stuff to explore for the priory. (Could also involve all the orders. Attackers trying to steal and whispers trying to defend vs spies trying to steal/sabotage stuff.)

> @"Divine Monk.2401" said:

> imo You know what would be awesome? to be able to see Zhaitians corpse in the City of Arah, showing both the passage of time and the ruins of Orrs capital city as well as an idea of how big Zhatian was.

Imagine a settlement built around a monument that is Zhaitan's skull. That would be so cool.

Well, we have his tail at the Durman Priory. Maybe one day those scholars will finish to study it and will give us to build a monument for everyone.

Different layers of the same map (like suggested for Lion's Arch) could be a mess. Maybe ArenaNet could bring it back for some festival, but 2 permanent versions of the same map could be complicated to manage. Completely new maps at a different time-line wouldn't be bad.

I'm disappointed that they ended Joko so abruptly for a cheap deus ex machina way to bring Aurene back and that they didn't use Joko to take control of the risen in Orr. They could have easily kept Joko alive and done a story were after Aurene's death the commander struck out alone to steal Joko's resurrection magicial device to bring Aurene back. Joko establishing a foothold in Orr would have been an interesting side story. There are ways they could have allowed players to visit regular risen Orr and a Orr that Joko controlled.

As other people have said we get to see a bit of Orr recovering in Siren's Landing and it looks like it's a very slow process. The Risen are still being culled and the land is slowly healing, helped by plants and soil being shipped in from other areas but I think it will be a very long time before we can hope to see it looking anything like a 'normal' area of the game world.

> @"Urud.4925" said:

> Well, we have his tail at the Durman Priory. Maybe one day those scholars will finish to study it and will give us to build a monument for everyone.

> Different layers of the same map (like suggested for Lion's Arch) could be a mess. Maybe ArenaNet could bring it back for some festival, but 2 permanent versions of the same map could be complicated to manage. Completely new maps at a different time-line wouldn't be bad.

I'm not sure how they'd show it on the world map, but having different versions of the Orr maps shouldn't be a problem. Just like they have the introduction areas for new characters which are copies of Wayfarer Foothills, Plains of Ashford, Caledon Forest etc. in a perpetual state of attack, old LA accessible for story instances, two versions of Claw Island and so on they could make copies of the Orr maps which are further along and show recovery after Zhaitan's death.

I don't think it would be a good idea to replace the existing ones, or to lock characters who have reached that point in the story into the new version (it's already difficult getting enough people for some of the temple events), which is where showing it on the world map becomes a problem because they'd have to give you a way to choose which version you went to. But since none of them are physical locations they can make as many versions of the location as they want or need to have.

> @"Divine Monk.2401" said:

> imo You know what would be awesome? to be able to see Zhaitians corpse in the City of Arah, showing both the passage of time and the ruins of Orrs capital city as well as an idea of how big Zhatian was.

His tail section is in the Priory basement archives. You can see it there and (I think) talk to an NPC Scholar about it.