With cooking revitalized (limited G.S. gardens)

Ayakaru.6583

Can we have an upgrade on the gemstore bought garden patches?

I've accepted the tragedy of the initial block of 99% of the seeds we are allowed in a _gemstore bought garden patch_ , but now that the cooking system is revitalized, can we also review our complaints?

So many people bought the garden patches believing they could plant some of the rarer or harder to find plants. Only to realize you can only plant common weeds. This has left a lot of people disappointed and/or insulted.

Can we please have an expansion on the inventory, i mean, it's supposed to be a convenience item paid for with money. And yes, i understand that planting 8 snow truffles will have an economical impact, but you can limit people to planting unique seeds only once.

This regards items like Ghost Peppers or Truffels, e.g.

> @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> Can we have an upgrade on the gemstore bought garden patches?

> I've accepted the tragedy of the initial block of 99% of the seeds we are allowed in a _gemstore bought garden patch_ , but now that the cooking system is revitalized, can we also review our complaints?

>

> So many people bought the garden patches believing they could plant some of the rarer or harder to find plants. Only to realize you can only plant common weeds. This has left a lot of people disappointed and/or insulted.

>

> Can we please have an expansion on the inventory, i mean, it's supposed to be a convenience item paid for with money. And yes, i understand that planting 8 snow truffles will have an economical impact, but you can limit people to planting unique seeds only once.

>

> This regards items like Ghost Peppers or Truffels, e.g.

You might want to peruse the value of some of those supposed 'common weeds' compared to Snow Truffles or Ghost Peppers.

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @"Ayakaru.6583" said:

> > Can we have an upgrade on the gemstore bought garden patches?

> > I've accepted the tragedy of the initial block of 99% of the seeds we are allowed in a _gemstore bought garden patch_ , but now that the cooking system is revitalized, can we also review our complaints?

> >

> > So many people bought the garden patches believing they could plant some of the rarer or harder to find plants. Only to realize you can only plant common weeds. This has left a lot of people disappointed and/or insulted.

> >

> > Can we please have an expansion on the inventory, i mean, it's supposed to be a convenience item paid for with money. And yes, i understand that planting 8 snow truffles will have an economical impact, but you can limit people to planting unique seeds only once.

> >

> > This regards items like Ghost Peppers or Truffels, e.g.

>

> You might want to peruse the value of some of those supposed 'common weeds' compared to Snow Truffles or Ghost Peppers.

Value is none of my concern, though, i can go into ascalon and gather 50 onions.

I have to scour the far shiverpeaks for 3-4 snow truffles.

Herbs, and roots like onions have decent market value. But that has nothing to do with this topic.

I just want the utility that i paid for

• 3 weeks later...

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> So, use your profit from onions to buy the others?

> Or, buy the node, if it's something you'd rather have in your Home Instance.

>

> Whilst you await for your suggestion to be implemented, of course.

>

> Good luck.

kind of sounds like a horseshoe'd workaround.. but until anet gives me _what I paid real money for_ I suppose I have no choice..

Snow truffles have a node though.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snow_Truffle_Harvesting_Node

So do Ghost Peppers.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghost_Pepper_Harvesting_Node

I have both in my home instance and would be a little miffed about the gold/money I spent on them was relinquished as moot if I could just plant seeds.

Instead of diminishing other nodes, how bout adding something to make the gem plots more unique? We can already get ingredients to make the primers. That was the whole reason I bought the plots anyway in case I decide to do raiding and is only doable with those plots. How about adding in something that we can make and sell on the TP? The self-style hair kit comes to mind since they no longer drop from the chests. Make a recipe for them so they are sell-able or something. Or another collection added in that once completed and have a 500 cook (something simple like go see Grandmaster Craftsman Hobbs and he has you harvest for an item in different maps akin to the one achievement in Elon Riverlands for the Funerary armor), you have a rare chance of getting mystic clovers from the gem plots? Attach another collection for more seeds. Possibility of a bug/worm/butterfly miniature we can sell on the TP if we don't want it.

I don't know, I'm actually making an even profit with my plots though it might be because I didn't put all my ducks in one pile. I looked at what had rough gathering (didn't really have it's own gathering node, like black peppercorn) or was in a frustrating map(s) (cassava roots in HoT) and what I was low on myself in my mass hoarding of ingredients and went from there. So they definitely aren't a lot of 'common weeds' especially seeing that gem plots have a more extensive selection of seeds that the cook plot has.

> @"miraude.2107" said:

> Snow truffles have a node though.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Snow_Truffle_Harvesting_Node

>

> So do Ghost Peppers.

> https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ghost_Pepper_Harvesting_Node

>

> I have both in my home instance and would be a little miffed about the gold/money I spent on them was relinquished as moot if I could just plant seeds.

>

> Instead of diminishing other nodes, how bout adding something to make the gem plots more unique?

I get what you mean. I have no intend of devaluing the rarer nodes.

To which end i suggested 1 or 2 limited per instance.