Stealth

OP reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend after PoF was released where said friend was complaining that because thief was the class with the most mobility skills, it meant that adding mounts was stripping away one of the major benefits of playing a thief. They were genuinely mad and hated the concepts of mounts for this reason.

> @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> OP reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend after PoF was released where said friend was complaining that because thief was the class with the most mobility skills, it meant that adding mounts was stripping away one of the major benefits of playing a thief. They were genuinely mad and hated the concepts of mounts for this reason.

Have you ever thought about the possibility that his complaints had some merit? Look what adding mounts did to roaming in WvW.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > OP reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend after PoF was released where said friend was complaining that because thief was the class with the most mobility skills, it meant that adding mounts was stripping away one of the major benefits of playing a thief. They were genuinely mad and hated the concepts of mounts for this reason.

>

> Have you ever thought about the possibility that his complaints had some merit? Look what adding mounts did to roaming in WvW.

The idea that mounts made thief obsolete in PvE is ludicrous and not worth considering.

Mounts in WvW I don't see as an issue either personally, but I will at least concede that people have valid concerns about it.

I mean, the point I guess is that now every class can easily go into stealth. Which is, half-accurate? They always could, I cant think of any class that got stealth added after core. But stealth has been continuously weakened to the point where thieves, the class that is supposed to be *the* stealth class, largely doesnt even use it when fighting. So yeah, nowadays Mirages, Holosmiths and Soulbeasts use stealth better than thief does.

> @"Xstein.2187" said:

> > @"Mewcifer.5198" said:

> > OP reminds me of a conversation I had with a friend after PoF was released where said friend was complaining that because thief was the class with the most mobility skills, it meant that adding mounts was stripping away one of the major benefits of playing a thief. They were genuinely mad and hated the concepts of mounts for this reason.

>

> Have you ever thought about the possibility that his complaints had some merit? Look what adding mounts did to roaming in WvW.

I don't really play WvW but wanted to get the mount because I wanted all of them. Since I don't currently have one, roaming in WvW is suicidal due to the ease with which mounted players can chase me down and gank me.