Going to buy PoF, really need some tips to start well.

I play Hot since four years, have 11 characters, soon I will enter PoF, so I ask you guys for some useful tips to start.

As I know really little about this expansion, I would appreciate some "basic" tips.

For example:

1) I play well with Guardian, is it ok to bring one in PoF, or is it better to build a Firebrand right from the start?

2) What about mounts?

3) Whatever advise you may think would be useful to start , it will be useful to me.

Thank you :-)

1) Play whatever class you're comfortable with.

2) Follow the story and you'll get a raptor within the first 10-15 minutes of play . Springer, Skimmer, and Jackal are also given to you eventually by following the story. You'll notice that there are places that are only accessible with a Springer/skimmer/jackal that will appear way before you get those mounts and that's ok because those places are meant to be accessed after you're done with pof.

3) most everything in PoF is easier compared to HoT, except for the boss fights. So much harder than anything comparable in HoT. Watch a video before you do a boss fight and gain an understanding of the mechanics and it will make the fight less frustrating.

If you have been playing the HoT area you will be fine with same character in PoF. The new lands are much easier to solo. So any character that did well in HoT will be more than fine to get started in PoF. For group fights I prefer my necro/minion master but if you do well on your guardian, it will be fine (I find the PoF area much easier than the HoT).

Start with the personal story. The first thing you get is your raptor. Start collecting Mastery Points to train him up. You will need canyon jumping to get the springer (big rabbit - a goofy looking thing but useful). As you play you will collect all the mastery points you can, you will need them to train your pets. The wiki has some info, but I could not find a good detailed list of mastery points on the wiki. I googled it and found this site: [dulfy.net/2017/09/26/gw2-path-of-fire-mastery-insights-guide/](http://dulfy.net/2017/09/26/gw2-path-of-fire-mastery-insights-guide/ "dulfy.net/2017/09/26/gw2-path-of-fire-mastery-insights-guide/") It breaks down the point locations by map and by mount. Some can be gained by any mount, some require specific mounts and mount skill levels.

As you train up your mounts try to get the fist 3 pets to level 3, before taking any to level 4. Level 3 is needed for some of the mastery locations. The raptor, springer, and skimmer at level 3 will get you pretty much all the points you need for training. You won't have to go looking for too many, they are pretty much in game order. As you do the personal story you gain mastery points as well.

Exploring and the heart quests are pretty good, the personal story is not too bad (better than any others so far). I end up running around playing with the pets various abilities (especially the rabbit) and finding some cool areas, and lots of treasure chests. His high jumping ability gets up onto some high cliffs with fun loot.

First of all I wanted to wish good luck, PoF is a nice expansion easier in my opinion then HoT but a bit more enjoyable due to the story just being more epic. (my opinion)

- Guardian is fine and actually the firebrand is not a must even though it has some very nice builds!

- Mounts are given to you by following the story (mounts are account bound - so new chars. low level will instantly have access to them)

- My advise would be to explore the maps there are many things to do, take your time ! Every map has a meta event and it's always full of players during that time so participate I would say. It's nice to do these in my opinion while running around.

ps: my mistake was rushing through the story and not exploring I regretted it at the end.

1) I played mostly with dragonhunter and I like it more then firebrand, also it much more easier to farm solo HP from Pof

2) Mount are account bound like they say above. You receive the raptor mount from the first story line, so don't try to skip it if you have lily pass.

The springer, jackal and skimmer you can obtain them from hearts vendor, i suggest to completed them in order to receive discount.

Griffon it unlock only if you finish the entire storyline.

i suggest to read wiki for more information about the mounts, they can help you especially with griffon, scarab and skyscale mount collection.

3) Finish the storyline and also living story season 4. For farming go to istan island during meta and dragonfall.

Enjoy the game on your own piece, there are plenty of people that are farming the maps, they can help you in case of trouble.

There are thinks called bounty now, they are events that spawn champion, you can find in lfg some squad that are farming them. I suggest for you to join one, you receive good rewards and also experience

Another think, you will see big chest on POF maps, DO NOT OPEN THEM ALONE, i repeat, DO NOT OPEN THEM ALONE. Ask for people to help you because it will summon one skrit that you need to defeat in order to drop special loot required for you to receive ascendant weapons for your elite class.

Compare with HOT, same items required for elite class weapons need to be obtain by that class, you can't unlock from different class. So you need to farm the above chest many times since you have plenty characters.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> Don't buy PoF on same account. Just create a new account and buy PoF, as you will get HoT for free now. This way you will have 2 accounts to enjoy with a friend (why not?) and Anet will get better statistics at selling this product.

How to enjoy pof with a friend, when 1 main account dont have pof and 2 your not allowed to share accounts.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> No. I refuse to be selfish. I will play this game with friends.

>

> Sorry for my recommendation. Keep playing alone and for yourselves.

You can play with your friends all you like, you are not allowed to share your accounts with friends tho.

They have to get their own.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> Don't buy PoF on same account. Just create a new account and buy PoF, as you will get HoT for free now. This way you will have 2 accounts to enjoy with a friend (why not?) and Anet will get better statistics at selling this product.

and how does this help him play with his current characters, which he probably has spent a lot of time on, in PoF?

Some people's recommandations are very wierd indeed.

> @"Alin.2468" said:

> No. I refuse to be selfish. I will play this game with friends.

>

> Sorry for my recommendation. Keep playing alone and for yourselves.

This has nothing to do with being selfish.

Your recommendation does not meet TCs goal. He soecifically mentions that he has characters, he is an established played and he wishes to unlock PoF content for his main account.

Your recommendation does not in any way achieve in letting him do that. All it does is provide him with access to PoF, but without his hundreds or thousands of hours old established account.

Hi, I bought the expansion today and read very carefully your advice now :-)

Don't laugh at me, please, I made a single text file which sums up advice in 12 points, for easy access while playng.

I also bought a Bank Expansion Slot and destroyed some garbage, as they told me I would need to make space for the new items.

Just can't wait getting there.

So, I sincerely thank you all for being so helpful! :-)