Balthazar Fight, Is there help??

Is this crap really serious?! I've spent more than an hour on this fight getting killed then raised, then killed then raised rinse and repeat about 150 times and then suddenly he kills me and I die. Is this really any way to run any fight at all?! Is there a way to do this without having to spend hours losing??? Oh, and can we shut him up?!

* Deep Breath *

Ok, this is a silly futile fight, but if I want to progress the story line I have to complete it. Simple question . . How? I am playing a Tempest I am only 18 Mastery, so I take 1 maybe 2 hits to go down. In addition the length of time this battle takes leaves me having a hard time keeping the mouse under control moving and avoiding (or not in most cases after 20 minutes or more) blast areas. The level of frustration and nearly rage at this event is unparalleled, and I used to hurl controllers across the room in frustration when I was young!!

There are some mechanics that can help you. First, there are shield domes that appear periodically. Get into them when they come. You can still fight but will be protected for the most part. When not shielded, keep moving. There are also some times when the boss goes invulnerable and you have to break the crystals that shield him (I don't recall exactly what they're called). Make sure that you take them down. Finally, you will be prompted to help Aurene break his invulnerability at several points. You have to stand in the right spot and use your special ability to do that. Other than those things, just keep hitting him when you can and eventually he dies. Also, you may find that using Sohathen (Sp?) works well for you. I used it with my ranger but, when I did it with my necro, I used the profession abilities. Hope this helps.

Hopefully, some others will have advice as well.

> @"Herrbertold.6731" said:

> Is this kitten really serious?! I've spent more than an hour on this fight getting killed then raised, then killed then raised rinse and repeat about 150 times and then suddenly he kills me and I die. Is this really any way to run any fight at all?! Is there a way to do this without having to spend hours losing??? Oh, and can we shut him up?!

>

> * Deep Breath *

>

> Ok, this is a silly futile fight, but if I want to progress the story line I have to complete it. Simple question . . How? I am playing a Tempest I am only 18 Mastery, so I take 1 maybe 2 hits to go down. In addition the length of time this battle takes leaves me having a hard time keeping the mouse under control moving and avoiding (or not in most cases after 20 minutes or more) blast areas. The level of frustration and nearly rage at this event is unparalleled, and I used to hurl controllers across the room in frustration when I was young!!

Have you tired bringing friends?

> @"Herrbertold.6731" said:

> Is this kitten really serious?! I've spent more than an hour on this fight getting killed then raised, then killed then raised rinse and repeat about 150 times and then suddenly he kills me and I die. Is this really any way to run any fight at all?!

No, it is not. Learn the mechanics, don't stand in his damage. There is enough time to evade or step in between damage fields. Use Rytlock's sword, Sohothin. All it takes is awareness of your surroundings and a bit of practice.

P.S. This can be done with any profession, it doesn't matter which you play. If you feel like you can't handle it, get help - the mission allows more than one player.

P.P.S. If you are talking about the previous fight against Balthazar, not the final one: you are supposed to get killed in that one ;) after you brought him down to 25% health (I think it was).

> @"Ashantara.8731" said:

> > @"Herrbertold.6731" said:

> > Is this kitten really serious?! I've spent more than an hour on this fight getting killed then raised, then killed then raised rinse and repeat about 150 times and then suddenly he kills me and I die. Is this really any way to run any fight at all?!

>

> No, it is not. Learn the mechanics, don't stand in his damage. There is enough time to evade or step in between damage fields. Use Rytlock's sword, Sohothin. All it takes is awareness of your surroundings and a bit of practice.

>

> P.S. This can be done with any profession, it doesn't matter which you play. If you feel like you can't handle it, get help - the mission allows more than one player.

>

> P.P.S. If you are talking about the previous fight against Balthazar, not the final one: you are supposed to get killed in that one ;) after you brought him down to 25% health (I think it was).

This is a good point. In my response, I was assuming the final fight against him. But Ashantara is right. If this is the first fight, then you are supposed to die.

i just finished pof story last week. final fight. when balthazar on shield mode. i think you have around 5~10 sec to look for a " blue circle", walk into it use the addition skill comes up on screen to stab him. otherwise you will die in one hit.

PS: better use tank gear instead of berserker gear. there is no damage difference by using Rytlock's sword.