Forum Signatures [merged]

Lonami.2987

• ArenaNet Staff

Hey guys,

While signatures are available for many of you now, we'd like to let you know that we anticipate that signatures will be standard text. Lonami kindly pointed out that the new signature block for their account was wonky, and it definitely is. As it turns out, disabling heading text on the signatures would involve disabling heading text on the content, too. And as you can imagine, we quite *like* having headings on the new forums because they enhance things like update notes, so we don't want to give up that option for possible edge cases with too-large signatures. So....

**Please use standard forum text for signatures.**

If someone uses larger text (through heading options) the moderators will be asking them to change to standard text. I'd like to reduce the time wasted handling those situations by asking for everyone's cooperation. If signatures are standard text, all is well. Thanks!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think signatures unlock with Veteran rank and the rank is time-gated. Since it's been 30 days since this forum opened and a whole bunch of people reached the rank together. Especially since there doesn't seem to be any consistency in the number of thumbs up/helpful or badges those people have got, or the number of posts they've made.

• ArenaNet Staff

FYI: Signatures are not tied to the Veteran Rank. There are two things going on over the last 48 hours: Changes to signature settings and the attainment of the Veteran rank by certain members. In order to make it consistent and fair across all languages, and to avoid taking away signatures already in place in other languages, those at Member rank in a any of our forums -- English, French, German, or Spanish -- now will be able to create signatures. Veterancy, on the other hand, relates to join date, to the approbation of members (that is, they've given your posts a thumbs up or a helpful reaction), and to how many helpful and constructive posts a member has made.

> @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> FYI: Signatures are not tied to the Veteran Rank. There are two things going on over the last 48 hours: Changes to signature settings and the attainment of the Veteran rank by certain members. In order to make it consistent and fair across all languages, and to avoid taking away signatures already in place in other languages, those at Member rank in a specific forum now will be able to create signatures. Veterancy, on the other hand, relates to join date, to the approbation of members (that is, they've given your posts a thumbs up or a helpful reaction), and to how many helpful and constructive posts a member has made.

Sorry if I'm misunderstanding, but is member ranking based on the forum as a whole or on a specific forum (such as General Discussion, Lore, etc.)?

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @Hana.8143 said:

> > Signatures are truly the most needed feature on the forum indeed.

> > "Lvl 80 : Thief X I Kill You X / Scourge X Why U Melting Bro X / Spellbreaker Xx Turtle Warrior E P Xx"

> > Such usefull informations ! :P

>

> I can't wait until the "Hide signatures always" option that I enabled on day one will actually start suppressing signatures. It will be so delightful!

And it so happens that today is that glorious day! Praise be!

• ArenaNet Staff

UnbentMars -- Forum as a whole. We don't discriminate about where someone chooses to participate on a particular language-based forum. Members earn rank based on participation in the sub-forums of their choice in a particular language. But if someone is bi-lingual and chooses to post in, for example English and another language, they will rank up separately in the two forums: EN and FR, DE, or ES.

I updated my post to clarify. Thanks for asking.

> @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > @"Manasa Devi.7958" said:

> > > @Hana.8143 said:

> > > Signatures are truly the most needed feature on the forum indeed.

> > > "Lvl 80 : Thief X I Kill You X / Scourge X Why U Melting Bro X / Spellbreaker Xx Turtle Warrior E P Xx"

> > > Such usefull informations ! :P

> >

> > I can't wait until the "Hide signatures always" option that I enabled on day one will actually start suppressing signatures. It will be so delightful!

>

> And it so happens that today is that glorious day! Praise be!

Until someone does a CSS hack to override the default text setting of the text box here. Not that I am giving anyone ideas. :)

> UnbentMars -- Forum as a whole. We don't discriminate about where someone chooses to participate on a particular language-based forum. Members earn rank based on participation in the sub-forums of their choice in a particular language. But if someone is bi-lingual and chooses to post in, for example English and another language, they will rank up separately in the two forums: EN and FR, DE, or ES.

>

> I updated my post to clarify. Thanks for asking.

Thanks for the clarification Gaile!

Side note: Gaile referred to me by name?? Dream come true! I can get downed repeatedly in peace now

OH MY GOSH. I checked in and got the notification: "congratz, you're a veteran!" (paraphrased) and I was... so happy. That, and the embedding images thread.

> Hey guys,

>

> While signatures are available for many of you now, we'd like to let you know that we anticipate that signatures will be standard text. Lonami kindly pointed out that the new signature block for their account was wonky, and it definitely is. As it turns out, disabling heading text on the signatures would involve disabling heading text on the content, too. And as you can imagine, we quite *like* having headings on the new forums because they enhance things like update notes, so we don't want to give up that option for possible edge cases with too-large signatures. So....

>

> **Please use standard forum text for signatures.**

>

> If someone uses larger text (through heading options) the moderators will be asking them to change to standard text. I'd like to reduce the time wasted handling those situations by asking for everyone's cooperation. If signatures are standard text, all is well. Thanks!

What about changing the color of a link in your sig to make it look like link? (Like my sig below) Is that okay?

> @"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:

> > @LUST.7241 said:

> > Congrats on the signatures, veterans!

> > Now about unlocking mail... :3

>

> Do you mean PMs? Those were unlocked with Veteran status, I believe. Have you tried sending a mail?

Just wondering if Veteran status is the right call. If rank is based on age, then I don't see a problem for those who send PMs. Thanks for sending mail to test!

![](https://i.imgur.com/H7QhVzA.gif "")

How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game so I can assume it's a Facebook sort of deal where you have to farm likes?

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

Time-gated. We got it mysteriously because we been here.

![](https://i.imgur.com/UDqBP4G.png "")

> You're sort of right, Palador, but folks "ranking up" -- such as yourself, happened due to anniversary times within the system, which is (and was) configured properly in all languages.

>

> @LUST.7241 said:

> > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

>

> Time-gated. We got it mysteriously because we been here.

> > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > You're sort of right, Palador, but folks "ranking up" -- such as yourself, happened due to anniversary times within the system, which is (and was) configured properly in all languages.

> >

>

>

That doesn't make sense as I'd signed up the very day these forums were released I'm pretty sure, if it's in game then I've been around 4 years and 10 months now on a daily basis with 8 thousand hours clocked?

![](https://media.giphy.com/media/LixHIuUnP0r5e/giphy.gif "")

.... cant even do a crying gif lmao, im gunna go kill myself now

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

One month since first accessing the forum for Veteran, I believe. Signatures were just turned on? Fuzzy details on what, or if, there are requirements.

One official post states 'Veteran' status is required for signatures. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/386/forum-help-how-do-i

Another official post states 'Veteran' status has no bearing on signatures. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/191998/#Comment_191998 It seems this post, that said:

"@Gaile Gray.6029 said:

_FYI: Signatures are not tied to the Veteran Rank. There are two things going on over the last 48 hours: Changes to signature settings and the attainment of the Veteran rank by certain members. In order to make it consistent and fair across all languages, and to avoid taking away signatures already in place in other languages, those at Member rank in a specific forum now will be able to create signatures. Veterancy, on the other hand, relates to join date, to the approbation of members (that is, they've given your posts a thumbs up or a helpful reaction), and to how many helpful and constructive posts a member has made._" has been removed.

Perhaps we are back to signatures being tied to Veteran status.

It's confusing, to be sure.

> @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > @LUST.7241 said:

> > > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > > How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

> >

> > Time-gated. We got it mysteriously because we been here.

> > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > You're sort of right, Palador, but folks "ranking up" -- such as yourself, happened due to anniversary times within the system, which is (and was) configured properly in all languages.

> > >

> >

> >

>

> That doesn't make sense as I'd signed up the very day these forums were released I'm pretty sure, if it's in game then I've been around 4 years and 10 months now on a daily basis with 8 thousand hours clocked?

>

> ![](https://media.giphy.com/media/LixHIuUnP0r5e/giphy.gif "")

>

> .... cant even do a crying gif lmao, im gunna go kill myself now

>

First day was September 12th?

I stalked you a bit and saw your first comment was September 13th. You'll get it tomorrow or soon!

> @LUST.7241 said:

> > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > > @LUST.7241 said:

> > > > @sephiroth.4217 said:

> > > > How did everyone all of a sudden become 3 star members with signatures unlocked? What's the deal with that and how do I unlock it? Obviously it's not by spending thousands of dollars on the game or from introducing people to the game

> > >

> > > Time-gated. We got it mysteriously because we been here.

> > > > @"Gaile Gray.6029" said:

> > > > You're sort of right, Palador, but folks "ranking up" -- such as yourself, happened due to anniversary times within the system, which is (and was) configured properly in all languages.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> >

> > That doesn't make sense as I'd signed up the very day these forums were released I'm pretty sure, if it's in game then I've been around 4 years and 10 months now on a daily basis with 8 thousand hours clocked?

> >

> > ![](https://media.giphy.com/media/LixHIuUnP0r5e/giphy.gif "")

> >

> > .... cant even do a crying gif lmao, im gunna go kill myself now

> >

>

> First day was September 12th?

> I stalked you a bit and saw your first comment was September 13th. You'll get it tomorrow or soon!

Ooooh that must be our timezone difference, I'm in Australia.