Torch during Ceremony of the Sacred Flame wont lite

> @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> I keep getting the Sacred Flame Wielder debuff even when I didnt get a lit torch.

>

> Torch will soon despawn seconds after picking it up and wont lite from other players that throw torch to the ground either.

>

> It does this a lot for me that it makes it hard to do this part of the event. Not sure whats going on.

As far as I can tell it happens when someone 'throws' the torch immediatly by the brazier at the same time as you go to pick a torch up next to it. Seems to confuse the game so you get the lit torch debuff before it registers you are holding a torch, and just bugs it out.

I just move away from the brazier and other players, drop the bugged torch I'm holding and then wait the few seconds to allow the 'lit torch buff' to drop off. Then go back and try again.

> @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> Yeah the interactions are having serious hang times. Keep waiting for the torch lighting bar to fill with nothing happening.

The bar doesn't fill, it only runs out. The idea is that you have to 'baton' pass the torch flame to other people who have run ahead with an unlit torch by throwing your torch on the ground in front of you about half way to the 2nd brazier. The people ahead with the unlit torches then run through the fire on the ground to light their torch and then they go and light the brazier.

> @"Ryukai.6524" said:

> > @"Knighthonor.4061" said:

> > I keep getting the Sacred Flame Wielder debuff even when I didnt get a lit torch.

> >

> > Torch will soon despawn seconds after picking it up and wont lite from other players that throw torch to the ground either.

> >

> > It does this a lot for me that it makes it hard to do this part of the event. Not sure whats going on.

>

> As far as I can tell it happens when someone 'throws' the torch immediatly by the brazier at the same time as you go to pick a torch up next to it. Seems to confuse the game so you get the lit torch debuff before it registers you are holding a torch, and just bugs it out.

>

> I just move away from the brazier and other players, drop the bugged torch I'm holding and then wait the few seconds to allow the 'lit torch buff' to drop off. Then go back and try again.

>

> > @"Eloc Freidon.5692" said:

> > Yeah the interactions are having serious hang times. Keep waiting for the torch lighting bar to fill with nothing happening.

>

> The bar doesn't fill, it only runs out. The idea is that you have to 'baton' pass the torch flame to other people who have run ahead with an unlit torch by throwing your torch on the ground in front of you about half way to the 2nd brazier. The people ahead with the unlit torches then run through the fire on the ground to light their torch and then they go and light the brazier.

Yeah, it is from people throwing the torch down as you are picking up the torch. Whenever I am doing the event I try and explain to people not to toss the torches down right there because it makes things bug. But people still do it anyways because they are desperate for that 'Pass the Torch' achievement.

> @"borgs.6103" said:

> Oh.. so is it a bug or some weird interaction? My experience with this event is that I just keep lighting up the torch I get and for some weird reason my achievement tracker for the said event keeps updating and increasing.

It appears to be some sort of mixture of the two.

From what I can tell, when you light your torch, the 'unlit torch bundle' gets replaced by a 'lit torch bundle' one who's timer is linked to the 'burning torch buff'.

If your torch gets 'lit' by someone else as you are picking it up, you get the 'burning torch buff' but the 'unlit torch bundle' does not get replaced with the 'lit torch bundle'.

Because you already have a 'burning torch buff' the server thinks your wielding a 'lit torch bundle' so will not replace the 'unlit torch bundle' you are actually carrying but does register your interaction with the brazier as the 'unlit torch bundle' allows you to do so.

I have this issue always at the first brazier no matter if I just pick up the torch and try to run out to light it further out or light it right there and try to get as far as I can. The timer goes away before I can even leave the area. Once it bugs I can't even pick up a torch again. My bar shows no buffs either. Once the second brazier is lit I have no issues at all and am able to complete the mission. I have gotten to the point that I just run up to the second brazier, kill any mobs in the area and wait for the next part to start.

> @"Ryukai.6524" said:

> The bar doesn't fill, it only runs out. The idea is that you have to 'baton' pass the torch flame to other people who have run ahead with an unlit torch by throwing your torch on the ground in front of you about half way to the 2nd brazier. The people ahead with the unlit torches then run through the fire on the ground to light their torch and then they go and light the brazier.

Thank you for that explanation.