Considering starting to play again

strider.3570

Hello former player here. Played for roughly a year around launch, then again for maybe 4 months when Heart of Thorns came out. I've been heavily considering getting back into this game and was wondering if someone could tell me what major stuff has changed since then? I know there was another expansion and something about mounts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

To put more of my thoughts out there, I quit for a variety of reasons. Friction with other players, boredom, and the story, to keep it polite, really wasn't to my liking at a variety of moments. I have a few specific questions that I'm hoping to also have answered...

1. What is the current endgame content? I remember dungeons were primarily a thing and fractals, but fractals weren't really for me so I stuck to story stuff and dungeon runs on occasion.

2. Are the low-level zones still active with people playing through them? Essentially the vanilla zones.

3. If anyone knows, what's the current RP scene looking like? any information that can be offered here would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

> @"Strider Pj.2193" said:

> Well, the name works... ?

>

> End game content? Raids and Fractals

>

> WvW and sPvP were to be end game but they disappeared months ago.

>

> Starter zones still have people. Ask for help and someone will be there normally. ?

>

>

What do you mean they disappeared? I used to enjoy the occasional dip into WvW.

> @"strider.3570" said:

> Hello former player here. Played for roughly a year around launch, then again for maybe 4 months when Heart of Thorns came out. I've been heavily considering getting back into this game and was wondering if someone could tell me what major stuff has changed since then? I know there was another expansion and something about mounts. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

>

> To put more of my thoughts out there, I quit for a variety of reasons. Friction with other players, boredom, and the story, to keep it polite, really wasn't to my liking at a variety of moments. I have a few specific questions that I'm hoping to also have answered...

>

> 1. What is the current endgame content? I remember dungeons were primarily a thing and fractals, but fractals weren't really for me so I stuck to story stuff and dungeon runs on occasion.

> 2. Are the low-level zones still active with people playing through them? Essentially the vanilla zones.

> 3. If anyone knows, what's the current RP scene looking like? any information that can be offered here would be greatly appreciated.

>

> Thank you all in advance for your assistance!

The game is great for casual/open world pve, there are usually enough people around to do events/metas etc. Its ok for group pve with fractals and raids, but content is slow to release and populations have been slowly decreasing for a while. Not that many people do dungeons anymore. Wvw and pvp have very low populations, and have been neglected in both balance and content for years. Endgame is mostly farming for gold, cosmetics, achievements, map meta events. I have no idea about rp.